McMinn Central

PUMMELKING

The program will gradually be back up in the next year and will keep improving in the next couple of years. I see a bright future.

you know where this mind set will get us. 0-10 every year. improving the next couple of years? why didnt we improve from last year. with this mind set the "next couple of years" will never come we'll always be in the here and now and still be waiting on the "next couple of years"

you know where this mind set will get us. 0-10 every year. improving the next couple of years? why didnt we improve from last year. with this mind set the "next couple of years" will never come we'll always be in the here and now and still be waiting on the "next couple of years"

What I am refering to Playmaker is the athletes that you have been talking about not playing are going to be present in the next couple of years. We lost a lot of upperclassmen that were on the field last year. Some of the boys on the field now were not on the field last year. The sophmore and freshman group with the group coming up will give a boost. The junior group are good kids that will be more experienced. Bottom line is that we were blessed with a bunch of talent, and I do not care what anyone says - most any coach in the state would have won with that bunch on talent alone. I am not dissing Coach Derrick at all with this statement, he just happened to be handed a gift. If one can remember his first couple of years were rocky.

What I am refering to Playmaker is the athletes that you have been talking about not playing are going to be present in the next couple of years. We lost a lot of upperclassmen that were on the field last year. Some of the boys on the field now were not on the field last year. The sophmore and freshman group with the group coming up will give a boost. The junior group are good kids that will be more experienced. Bottom line is that we were blessed with a bunch of talent, and I do not care what anyone says - most any coach in the state would have won with that bunch on talent alone. I am not dissing Coach Derrick at all with this statement, he just happened to be handed a gift. If one can remember his first couple of years were rocky.

your right coach derrick's first year was rocky. he was handed a team with only five players that should of really been on the field. after going 3-7 he went to the middle schools and met with the kids and asked them to come out to play personally. and im not saying coach wasnt handed a gift but he did his absolute best to keep the talent together. your also right with the bunch of talent comment, central has always had the most tallent of any school in our area just about. so there might be a good group comin up but its still your job to get them out there on the field

your right coach derrick's first year was rocky. he was handed a team with only five players that should of really been on the field. after going 3-7 he went to the middle schools and met with the kids and asked them to come out to play personally. and im not saying coach wasnt handed a gift but he did his absolute best to keep the talent together. your also right with the bunch of talent comment, central has always had the most tallent of any school in our area just about. so there might be a good group comin up but its still your job to get them out there on the field

I agree. I have no problem with coaches in the kids ear to play, however if I am having to promise them something or keep begging, then there is no use. I take it upon myself to encourage these kids to play. I also encourage the kids that are playing to keep their heads up and play hard. It is like the words of Norman Dale from Hoosiers. " This is our team, I would hope that you would support who we are, not who we are not. This is our team." Playmaker, you would have to agree that some of that talent hurt him in the end.

I agree. I have no problem with coaches in the kids ear to play, however if I am having to promise them something or keep begging, then there is no use. I take it upon myself to encourage these kids to play. I also encourage the kids that are playing to keep their heads up and play hard. It is like the words of Norman Dale from Hoosiers. " This is our team, I would hope that you would support who we are, not who we are not. This is our team." Playmaker, you would have to agree that some of that talent hurt him in the end.

im not on here to bring up issues from the past. that boat sailed a while back. but at the same time that talent got him 9-2 and 9-2. which 9-2 and 7-4 equal the same thing to me if you dont win the first round. i think that its still your job to get the kids on the field. take a college football program, now i know this is comparing apples and oranges but after alabama won the national championship. did they just open their doors and say hey if your good enough come here and we'll talk things out. no they recruited. so a little recruiting with in the school might be needed for the upcoming year. build up some hype and get things going.

I once heard that last winter/spring that their was like 70 kids out for football workouts. That to me sounds like their WAS some recruiting the halls to get that many kids out for winter workouts. I think it all goes back to the kids in our towns (Etowah/Englewood) are pampered. They don't know what hard work is anymore cause mommy and daddy spoil them with cars, xbox, ipods, cell phones. Sure playing football sounds like fun at first, but when these kids find out that you actually have to workout year round and have to put in a little sweat and effort in to it, then they decide they would rather stay on the couch...goes back to being pampered by parents.

Edited by warhorse

I once heard that last winter/spring that their was like 70 kids out for football workouts. That to me sounds like their WAS some recruiting the halls to get that many kids out for winter workouts. I think it all goes back to the kids in our towns (Etowah/Englewood) are pampered. They don't know what hard work is anymore cause mommy and daddy spoil them with cars, xbox, ipods, cell phones. Sure playing football sounds like fun at first, but when these kids find out that you actually have to workout year round and have to put in a little sweat and effort in to it, then they decide they would rather stay on the couch...goes back to being pampered by parents.

I dont agree with this statement. sounds like a excuse to me.

how does maryville win every year?

I dont agree with this statement. sounds like a excuse to me.

how does maryville win every year?

Maryville wins because of the loyalty and commitment that lobcabinman talked about. This commitment starts at the home (parents) and will then show through the kids. Your excuse to just to blame coaches. That's the easiest excuse to use when things aren't going good

Maryville wins because of the loyalty and commitment that lobcabinman talked about. This commitment starts at the home (parents) and will then show through the kids. Your excuse to just to blame coaches. That's the easiest excuse to use when things aren't going good

so its the home life that sounds like the coaches excuse. lol in the end the coaches are responsible for the success and failure of the team. well i got a question so with the seniors off the team from last year was that seriously the difference between 7-4 last year(i think that was the record) and 0-10. i mean yeah you lost some tallent but they wasnt the team was they

:thumb: the parents, the community, the school staff and the students all have to be committed to a program for it to be successful! That is what Maryville has....