McMinn Central

PUMMELKING

so its the home life that sounds like the coaches excuse. lol in the end the coaches are responsible for the success and failure of the team. well i got a question so with the seniors off the team from last year was that seriously the difference between 7-4 last year(i think that was the record) and 0-10. i mean yeah you lost some tallent but they wasnt the team was they

well considering that central football struggled before that crop of athletes came in and now are struggling again since they left... It just adds up, but thats JMO, I don't know everything like you do :thumb:

so its the home life that sounds like the coaches excuse. lol in the end the coaches are responsible for the success and failure of the team. well i got a question so with the seniors off the team from last year was that seriously the difference between 7-4 last year(i think that was the record) and 0-10. i mean yeah you lost some tallent but they wasnt the team was they

Yes, and the fact that the other teams in the district are much better than previous years. The difference in us playmaker is that I am happy with the boys giving the effort, and you seem to be more concerned with who is not. It seems you are really concerned with this program and want to fix it. I would encourage you to go to talk with the coaches and see what you can do to help. This is what I did.

well considering that central football struggled before that crop of athletes came in and now are struggling again since they left... It just adds up, but thats JMO, I don't know everything like you do :thumb:

well that was a great way to get under my skin. :rolleyes: im losing sleep over it lol if i knew everything i wouldnt have asked that question. i just wanted an opinion on it. cause i find it hard to believe you just get that bad in a year

Yes, and the fact that the other teams in the district are much better than previous years. The difference in us playmaker is that I am happy with the boys giving the effort, and you seem to be more concerned with who is not. It seems you are really concerned with this program and want to fix it. I would encourage you to go to talk with the coaches and see what you can do to help. This is what I did.

i am tired of the mind set that next year we'll be good. and we're going to have our ups and downs. this exact mind set causes the ups and (mostly)downs to happen. i aint happy going 0-10 and being the laughing stock of the district. i want a set of goals from the coach and lets hold the coach accountable. this is the real world. if he cant get it done then its time to get a new coach. but the b.s excuse wait till the next couple of years. thats a loser excuse. and blame it on the parents? thats a coaches excuse. and if we dont win nobody will want to play and coach goodin wont be able to keep this upcoming group together. and on the help. i offered my opinion on the little league i cant really say much more because i am happy with the expressed interest

well that was a great way to get under my skin. :rolleyes: im losing sleep over it lol if i knew everything i wouldnt have asked that question. i just wanted an opinion on it. cause i find it hard to believe you just get that bad in a year

There are many programs that can drop in a year in high school. Our cross creek rival is having a rough year right now, and of course I am sure the natives are not happy. Truth is we were 7-4 under these same coaches, minus Wilkerson, last year and played a good game in the first round of the playoffs. If we go 0-10 the next 4 years playmaker then a problem may exist, until then - let's help us be the solution.

There are many programs that can drop in a year in high school. Our cross creek rival is having a rough year right now, and of course I am sure the natives are not happy. Truth is we were 7-4 under these same coaches, minus Wilkerson, last year and played a good game in the first round of the playoffs. If we go 0-10 the next 4 years playmaker then a problem may exist, until then - let's help us be the solution.

i think this is all helpful. i have heard some great ideas and allot of excuses. we just need to eliminate the excuses and put the great ideas in action. if not we will be here again next year in the same place

It seems Warhorse may have answered your question with his statement. It seems that kids need to be taught more about loyalty and commitment.

the point I was trying to make was that Maryville has kids that come from families that make allot of money and they seem to do well. So I guess Etowah and Englewood have sorry kids from families that dont teach committment and loyalty.

you make the comment that if you go 0-10 the next couple of years. well lets not schedule copper basin or tellico just to say hey we're improved. cause i have a feeling thats whats next. to make the coaches look like they've accomplished something they'll make a cup cake schedule

Like I have said, if you want changes, make them at the top. Get the AD out of a Coaches hands and get a new admin. One that actually holds people accountable for doing or not doing their jobs.

If the students see everyone is required to be held accountable then maybe they will grasp that concept and prosper in the future in academics and athletics.

Until central gets off the Me, Me, Me thinking, and all looking out for themselves not the betterment of the school and athletics overall it will not be a unity in Englewood/Etowah for TEAM.

Coaches come and go, families with money come and go, but the faithful stay at home and deal with what they are handed. The kids who have nothing are willing to work and believe in obtaining something, those who are put on pedestals end up dropping when the times are ruff. Look at all the sports at central and see which ones are full of familes that do not have money, are they bickering or complaining? No becasue they dill with what they are given, not to mention if they dont like the outcomes or decisions nothing will happen because they do not have a big name around town.

Support your kids that are willing to put in the time and make the sacrifices.

Excuses i've read...... 1. Administration 2. Little League Program 3. Parents 4. Coaching Staff 5. The district is better this year......

Apparently there are some family members on here that do not want to admit that their kids aren't very talented. Call a spade a spade and call it what it is.... THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TALENT TO FIELD A COMPETITIVE TEAM... a flag football team from the regional park would drill central... but dont feel bad they would drill meigs and sweetwater too. I have a hard time understanding what level of success some of you guys want central to achieve. Is it winning district games?? Is it winning playoff games?? State championships??? District 5 is quite possibly the worst district in AAA football in the state.... bad football is bad football guys. If you throw polk out of the equation ann all-district 5AAA team would not finish above Loudon, CAK, or Alcoa in their district. I think the problem is wide spread and not just a central problem... JMO

Like I have said, if you want changes, make them at the top. Get the AD out of a Coaches hands and get a new admin. One that actually holds people accountable for doing or not doing their jobs.

If the students see everyone is required to be held accountable then maybe they will grasp that concept and prosper in the future in academics and athletics.

Until central gets off the Me, Me, Me thinking, and all looking out for themselves not the betterment of the school and athletics overall it will not be a unity in Englewood/Etowah for TEAM.

Coaches come and go, families with money come and go, but the faithful stay at home and deal with what they are handed. The kids who have nothing are willing to work and believe in obtaining something, those who are put on pedestals end up dropping when the times are ruff. Look at all the sports at central and see which ones are full of familes that do not have money, are they bickering or complaining? No becasue they dill with what they are given, not to mention if they dont like the outcomes or decisions nothing will happen because they do not have a big name around town.

Support your kids that are willing to put in the time and make the sacrifices.

Get off the A D at Central, ALL the other sports are pretty successful year in and year out. This isn't college, The Principal is who hires TEACHERS that coach, not the A D. He only suggests candidates to hire. As for the athletes that just went through the program, at least 6 also played basketball, this year only 2 are playing basketball. I know of about 3 to 4 other bball players that could really help the football team. same for baseball. In a school the size of Central, you must have the athletes from the other sports play on the football team, those are usually your skill players who defilitely make a difference on the offensive side of the ball. 2 years ago, Central scored somewhere around 45 to 50 times, how many this year so far? You got to have those kids out to be sucessful...just sayin'

Excuses i've read...... 1. Administration 2. Little League Program 3. Parents 4. Coaching Staff 5. The district is better this year......

Apparently there are some family members on here that do not want to admit that their kids aren't very talented. Call a spade a spade and call it what it is.... THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TALENT TO FIELD A COMPETITIVE TEAM... a flag football team from the regional park would drill central... but dont feel bad they would drill meigs and sweetwater too. I have a hard time understanding what level of success some of you guys want central to achieve. Is it winning district games?? Is it winning playoff games?? State championships??? District 5 is quite possibly the worst district in AAA football in the state.... bad football is bad football guys. If you throw polk out of the equation ann all-district 5AAA team would not finish above Loudon, CAK, or Alcoa in their district. I think the problem is wide spread and not just a central problem... JMO

I would say to start with win the district games with the a goal of winning 1 playoff game.then strive to wim 2 playoff games and so on. what you are suggesting is that we will never be good no matter what we do?