McMinn Central

PUMMELKING

Central should get transfers from McMinn County and Meigs, worked last time you had that happen. LOL

i think we had 1 kid from meigs - rayl who came because of coach derick who was a good qb coach and meigs was down the past 3 years. i think dj king was the only one from mcminn except the walkers who originally was in etowah to begin with.

Is Central a football school? That is an interesting question and who really knows the answer. The more important question is, "what makes a football school"? Did anyone catch the ESPN show "The Boys of Fall"? What a great program and in it you'll find the answer to the question. I want to think we (Central) could have a really good football program. I believe we have the talent as far as the kids go, but the talent is only a small portion of what of what it takes to have a sucessful program. Talent will change from year to year and if a program is solely built on the talent of a few kids, well you get this up and down motion that reflex that. A great program will have HEART that isn't connected to a couple of kids. Great programs are build on tradition and pride. Character and strenght of the coach and staff. How many coaches have we had at Central since it begin, does any one know. Get a good coach with ties to Central and of good character and the program will be sucessful in time.

Edited by SAGINAWFAN

Is Central a football school? That is an interesting question and who really knows the answer. The more important question is, "what makes a football school"? Did anyone catch the ESPN show "The Boys of Fall"? What a great program and in it you'll find the answer to the question. I want to think we (Central) could have a really good football program. I believe we have the talent as far as the kids go, but the talent is only a small portion of what of what it takes to have a sucessful program. Talent will change from year to year and if a program is solely built on the talent of a few kids, well you get this up and down motion that reflex that. A great program will have HEART that isn't connected to a couple of kids. Great programs are build on tradition and pride. Character and strenght of the coach and staff. How many coaches have we had at Central since it begin, does any one know. Get a good coach with ties to Central and of good character and the program will be sucessful in time.

I think central has a good coach with ties to the program but this is his first head coaching job and he is still trying to figure things out. I think that was the the same with coach derick, it was his first HC job and he made his fair share of mistakes but he had the tallent to still win. Central can definitly win, Polk wins and they are only a few miles down the road. What i hope doesnt happen is a attitude of " well winning comes and goes so we will win in a few years". This type of attitude gets us nowhere. We need to say what can we do to make ourselves better. What do we need to do to beat Polk 2 out of 4 years, beat Meigs 5-10 years and not be 0-10 until these last few years.

TSF, we lose kids to McMinn Co. that go through our youth programs often.

Log,

Central losees them to Polk as well. But when some kids transfer to McMinn the admin/AD refuse to deal with it. They do not want to raise any eyebrows when known kids change schools and still live in the same house. Like I have strongly stated when you cut the snakes head off you kidd the danger and have the chance to make things right for all.

I heard today that polk co. was having alot of issues on the field with players fighting with other players. Like LCM said every team has issues of some sort or another.

Polk isn't having any problems with players fighting and that will never happen with Davis at the helms. He demands respect and to act like a respectful citzen in school and around town. Polks players play together from the crickets all the way to high school..

storage virtualization

i just love the way some of you guys on here have excuses for everything about the central football team.bottom line guys,they have NO heart,NO desire.it all starts with coaching.central has about three coaches that halfway know what they are doing.some of them are a big joke.cody goodin is the biggest joke of all!

i just love the way some of you guys on here have excuses for everything about the central football team.bottom line guys,they have NO heart,NO desire.it all starts with coaching.central has about three coaches that halfway know what they are doing.some of them are a big joke.cody goodin is the biggest joke of all!

It sounds like this is something you should go and talk with Cody about. Why would you even post something like this?

It must be a new Cody Goodin in town