Signal Mtn vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

Had the pep rally awful early didn't they?

That's true, but it was the last few minutes of the school day. SM boys were sitting in class this morning when the SP fellows were still tucked in at home, probably (6:15 Central time). By the time of kickoff, SM boys will have been up at least 14 hours today. Makes for a long day . . . They'll probably nap on the way over to the valley . . .

Well I just left the pep rally and I’m all fired up so its prediction time. I’m going to be the fat man out on the small limb with this prediction. I predict it will be a great crowd, with an excellent atmosphere and we will all be treated to an awesome game!!!!!

Safe prediction. SM and SP are not all that different. We all share this beautiful vally/mountain countryside and are part of the same larger community. It should be all about the boys. These guys are lucky to have so many old boys that care so much about them and their success. High school football at its best tonight. It will be a great crowd, with excellent atmosphere and a treat to watch.

I do wonder if any of the boys are as anxious as we all are!

Wow less than 5 hours to kickoff. To all those making the journey to Beene Stadium I hope it’s a safe and fun one. For anyone out there that’s on the fence about coming to this game you will be sorry if you don’t. This atmosphere could rival the best Friday night lights atmosphere that any of us have ever witnessed. There has been a lot of hype on this game but I think in the end it’s well deserved and will live up to it.

Just a little FYI for all you Signal Mtn folks.. Seems as though Pittsburg isn't giving you any respect at all... While I was down there tonight watching SP's future fade (JMS 44 SPA 32 with the Warriors taking a knee inside the Pittsburg 30 with a lot of clean uniforms on the field)I couldn't help but take notice of the announcement that came over the PA.. And I quote "WE'D LIKE TO REMIND YOU THAT THE VARSITY PLAYS AT HOME TOMORROW NIGHT AGAINST SOME TEAM FROM CHATTANOOGA"... I guess the guy just had to find someone to pick on since he quit announcing the score after our 3rd TD... :roflol:

64 to zip ...it's killing you guys!!!!!!!!!! GO PIRATES!!!!!

Sorry I got off topic...this is SM vs SP!!!

Edited by pegleg

Wow less than 5 hours to kickoff. To all those making the journey to Beene Stadium I hope it’s a safe and fun one. For anyone out there that’s on the fence about coming to this game you will be sorry if you don’t. This atmosphere could rival the best Friday night lights atmosphere that any of us have ever witnessed. There has been a lot of hype on this game but I think in the end it’s well deserved and will live up to it.

Eagle fans...one last post before the game, and this is serious, welcome to South Pittsburg!!!

Last post of the day...Everyone has been waiting on this game for a while now...The city is pretty much shut down in anticipation for this game...small town football at its best tonight...hard to beat the pregame at SP...Everyone come in and enjoy watching these 2 hopeful future state contenders duke it out for four quarters...and as our announcer says before everygame.....IT'S SHOWTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!