Signal Mtn vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

Well actually I don't go to many SP games especially against teams that stink the field up....I have seen TC up close and personal...Yes u may set the standard with gold balls and Inhave nothing but respect for u guys....However SM has three times as many athletes and overall better players than you guys this year....Not saying u can't compete against them and possibly pull it off but it would have to be on the CREEKBANK.... Trust me I know a team can come there with more talent and it means NOTHING...Something about that place that's unexplainable....Of course it helps to have that Ace in Satterfield to help out when needed....I have seen both teams from a personnel point this year and it's no comparison...We will need some of that Creekbank magic Friday night ourselves...That is one thing we have and that's a place that Signal Players have never exprienced...Although not quit like the Creekbank but we are pretty good on our home turf....Just wish we were more seasoned before playing them

I gotcha TT99. Just wondering what game you watched? You know as well as I do that it's just as hard to go into Beene Stadium and win, as it is at our place. At least that's one advantage you have.....them Eagles never been in a hostile environment like they are going to see Friday night...EVER! Like my old buddy Snoball once said about our '99 game....."we had to run three plays at halftime, just to get to the locker room!" :roflolk: Good luck with that! :twisted:

I think I may ride by the practice field in a little while and see if I can spot ol Roy with his Murphy book down there. Shoot I bet Roy Dillard is coach Jim Earl :roflolk: Only Pirate fans would get that. But seriously, this game Friday night will not be one for players that do not like to get hit. Our guys love the hard hitting contact. We will see if Signal does. Only a few days away

Edited by powerp

I was just wondering, if these kids from Sp have been playing together since they were 6 and there are not any new players or transfers to the team, wouldn't that mean that it is basically the same JV team we played 2 years ago in our home opener at the Eagle's Nest. If so, that makes me feel a little better about the outcome of Fridays game. The outcome that night was somewhat lopsided in the Eagle's favor. I think that's where much of the resentment from the SP folks comes from. Some have said we ran the score up. Well our team is basically the same. I know our Varsity is much improved from that time. We have only lost a handful of players from that team and our Juniors and Seniors have had a lot of game experience. They are much stronger than they were then and have something to prove after last years loss. Our JV backups are playing very good football as well and have posted 2 shutouts. I think our boys are ready and I know this date has been marked on their calander since last year. It should be a great game but I am not ready to predict a score yet. I do think there will be a lot of it though. Should be a great atmosphere. Can't wait!

I was just wondering, if these kids from Sp have been playing together since they were 6 and there are not any new players or transfers to the team, wouldn't that mean that it is basically the same JV team we played 2 years ago in our home opener at the Eagle's Nest. If so, that makes me feel a little better about the outcome of Fridays game. The outcome that night was somewhat lopsided in the Eagle's favor. I think that's where much of the resentment from the SP folks comes from. Some have said we ran the score up. Well our team is basically the same. I know our Varsity is much improved from that time. We have only lost a handful of players from that team and our Juniors and Seniors have had a lot of game experience. They are much stronger than they were then and have something to prove after last years loss. Our JV backups are playing very good football as well and have posted 2 shutouts. I think our boys are ready and I know this date has been marked on their calander since last year. It should be a great game but I am not ready to predict a score yet. I do think there will be a lot of it though. Should be a great atmosphere. Can't wait!

kids change alot during that time in there life .. they may be 5 foot one year and 6 foot the next. I wouldnt put to much thought into that.. I say this.. as a all around Team from last years Team we are faster.. and deeper. take that as u need

I gotcha TT99. Just wondering what game you watched? You know as well as I do that it's just as hard to go into Beene Stadium and win, as it is at our place. At least that's one advantage you have.....them Eagles never been in a hostile environment like they are going to see Friday night...EVER! Like my old buddy Snoball once said about our '99 game....."we had to run three plays at halftime, just to get to the locker room!" :roflolk: Good luck with that! :twisted:

Classic! :thumb:

kids change alot during that time in there life .. they may be 5 foot one year and 6 foot the next. I wouldnt put to much thought into that.. I say this.. as a all around Team from last years Team we are faster.. and deeper. take that as u need

The same is true of the Eagles. Bigger, Stronger, Faster.

The same is true of the Eagles. Bigger, Stronger, Faster.

I was reading some this afternoon in my book about Signal. Let me ask you a question smtnfan. Is Price making those boys lift alot of weights this week so they will be real big and strong for the the game Friday. I garuntee you that Grider has our boys lifting after practice so they will be real strong for the game on Friday. Let me ask you another question. Does your real fast boys wear ankle weights during practice. If they do it will make them real fast on Friday. You think im joking but im not.

I was reading some this afternoon in my book about Signal. Let me ask you a question smtnfan. Is Price making those boys lift alot of weights this week so they will be real big and strong for the the game Friday. I garuntee you that Grider has our boys lifting after practice so they will be real strong for the game on Friday. Let me ask you another question. Does your real fast boys wear ankle weights during practice. If they do it will make them real fast on Friday. You think im joking but im not.

Everyday.