Signal Mtn vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

The seniors is the least thing Geno should be worrying about. Dont get me wrong I am one of the biggest Pirate fans around, but I know that we are a 1A school. A 1A powerhouse to be exact. Maryville & Alcoa are the only ones that would blow us out? Get real dude. When you get into bigger classifications its a whole different level. I know at least 4 teams in Knoxville that would blow us out, and thats not knowing much about Knoxville schools. I dont even wont to mention Nashville or Memphis. Some Pirate fans just amaze me. We are 1A for a reason. We dont have many kids. Less depth. Less talent. Upper class schools have talent at every position and depth at every position. Not all of them, but the ones making the playoffs and winning state titles would not have a problem with us.

Knoxvill? :roflol: Austin-East aren't what the used to be. Forget about West, Fulton, Beardon and Farragut. Powell may be beat the Pirates but it wouldn't be a blow out. For the record, you can spit and hit Alcoa from K-town. The trouble those schools like Farragut and Beardon pose is 1800+ enrollment. Most of those K-town city teams with the exception of A-E can cope with paint swapping for 4 qrts.

Knoxvill? :roflol: Austin-East aren't what the used to be. Forget about West, Fulton, Beardon and Farragut. Powell may be beat the Pirates but it wouldn't be a blow out. For the record, you can spit and hit Alcoa from K-town. The trouble those schools like Farragut and Beardon pose is 1800+ enrollment. Most of those K-town city teams with the exception of A-E can cope with paint swapping for 4 qrts.

Im confused. Knoxvill? :roflol: Im laughing at you. Ok since you know so much about Knoxville. Can you tell us about Nashville and Memphis? I guess our small school would compete with those elite schools too. All those schools you mentioned have kids going D1 year in and year out. We have had 1 player go D1. You know why? Because the level of competition. Some of these teams that SP play some Jr High schools could beat them. You all just amaze me.

Edited by NoCompetition2

I can very easily say this because I have a son on this team and I know the boys on this team. Yes, there are some boys that have moved from other schools, but not that many. The Howard kids are offered transportation by Hamilton County through "No Child Left Behind', not by Signal Mountain, there are not many Howard guys on the team and none of them start because they are younger and our starting positions are full.

I didn't realize that is what "No Child Left Behind" funds was used for?????

Im confused. Knoxvill? :roflol: Im laughing at you. Ok since you know so much about Knoxville. Can you tell us about Nashville and Memphis? I guess our small school would compete with those elite schools too. All those schools you mentioned have kids going D1 year in and year out. We have had 1 player go D1. You know why? Because the level of competition. Some of these teams that SP play some Jr High schools could beat them. You all just amaze me.

NoComp,

I've said this several times on here, and since you just joined, I'll say it again. I don't want to get to far off topic here, but scheduling was brought up earlier in the thread so here goes.....

Year in and year out, we* can't compete with the elite 4A-6A. If you exclude Alcoa, I know we* could hold our own in 3A. Everyone on our* level is always wanting us to move up, play up, etc. It's not that easy folks. Who in a higher class wants to play us*? There is one reason these schools (higher class or elites) don't want to schedule us*, imho. The reason being this.....they are afraid if they put us on the schedule, at some point we* may roll out one of our* "elite" teams. For example, let's just say McCallie or Baylor called you guys in '06 for a two year contract. We probably all know how it would have went that first year, what about in '07? Could that team have competed, maybe won? Who wanted some of Eddie Moore, or TC Payne in '98? MBA and Brentwood Academy both called us after '98 wanting us to play them on homecoming two years in a row, with a payout of course. Why didn't they call two years prior? Could we have beaten them? Who knows? One thing is for sure, in those two years, both would have known they were in a dog fight! Make any sense?

*Trousdale Co. and South Pitt.

fyi....in '97, according to one poll, we finished tied for fourth (White House) in the state in all classifications, behind 1. R'dale, 2. Pearl Cohn, and 3. M'vlle (I think).

Sorry Zone. I was typing this during your post. Feel free to delete or move. :thumb:

Edited by SEVEN

Old Pirate jest talked to cousin Hector and them mtn folkes is all up in the air a claiming theys goin to come to the SP Speedway and turn it into a demolision derby. You thinks OP is joking....OP ain't joking neither :roflol:

Recon jest about anybody that knows anything will be at this game. Goin to be a real earholing experience. :thumb:

First off....don't bring us into this feud. We've got nothing to do with this one. We've got a long way to go before we can even start thinking about a possible match up. I'm just curious on how you made your assessment? Surly it can't be based off of some spring scrimmage, and I know you haven't seen us play.

Second...I'm in agreement with Sportman. Some of you need to chill out (not singling you out by any means TT99, as evident in a few post above). As most of you know, I have all the respect in the world for the Pirates, but it looks like some would have learned their lesson after the last few years....you know the teams nobody could stay on the field with. How did that work out for you? I'm actually surprised that some of you are even giving SM a chance. According to some, the Pirates have never lost a game. It's always someone else's fault...refs, coaching, sun in the eyes, etc. At the same time, it's not hard to figure out who the D.A's are, and who's not. Even though I think we'll "pirate rule" everybody else on our schedule, I'm not going to get on here and say it. A little humility would do several of you good. Last but not least, WE are the gold standard for small school football in Tennessee, not South Pittsburgh. Last I checked, you all are still quite a few gold balls behind us. So to all the D.A's....put that in your Pirate pipe and smoke it! If I've offended anyone, then I'm talking to you. :thumb:

That being said...I hope you all beat the (fill in the blank here) out of Signal Mountain. I'm still planning on being there, and would still like to meet some of you (on both sides). Butchie, I may holla at you later in the week. If you don't have a packed car, I may see about meeting you in M'boro. Going to try to talk the brother-in-law into going....Snoball's wife has plans for him. If there's not 5,000+, I'd be disappointed. :twisted:

Well actually I don't go to many SP games especially against teams that stink the field up like SP has plays so far...I have seen TC up close and personal and I will leave it at that...Yes u may set the standard with gold balls and I have nothing but respect for u guys....However SM has three times as many athletes and overall better players than you guys this year....Not saying u can't compete against them and possibly pull it off but it would have to be on the CREEKBANK.... Trust me I know all about how a team can come there with more talent and it means NOTHING...Something about that place that's unexplainable....Of course it helps to have that Ace in Satterfield to help out when needed....I have seen both teams from a personnel stand point this year and it's no comparison...We will need some of that Creekbank magic Friday night ourselves...That is one thing we have and that's a place that Signal Players have never exprienced...Although not quit like the Creekbank but we are pretty good on our home turf....Just wish we were more seasoned before playing them

Edited by TrainTracks99