Signal Mtn vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

TrainTracks says some of these peoples post are laughable....We are not going to beat SM like we did last year...They are much improved...I hope I'm wrong but I think it's going to take 40 points to beat them

WHOEVER THINKS THIS IS GOING TO BE A BLOWOUT REMINDS ME OF THE FAN'S THAT DON'T KNOW JACK ABOUT FOOTBALL BUT RUN UP AND DOWN THE ROAD ALL YEAR WITH A FOOTBALL FLAG ON THERE CAR THAT'S ABOUT READY FOR THE JUNKYARD. YOUR RIGHT SOME OF THESE POST AND MOST OF THEM ARE FROM SP THAT JUST GET SO STUPID IT'S LAUGHABLE!!!

Thanks, guys. Think this is the one I used last year, not sure. Thought I had saved the link,

but couldn't find it ( along with a blue million other things, LOL ). Since TC has the week off,

nothing better than to listen to the Pirates whip some butt. If'n I wasn't so danged old, I'd

drive down to see it. Since I'm older than dirt...( OPs' 3 weeks older than me ) LOL, guess

the web is the way to go.

All joking aside, the ole Grunt & family may make trip down to SP on the 25th/26th. Wifes'

family has ancestors from there, buried in the Lassater (sp?) cemetery. They're wanting

to visit that.

Have a good 'un.......

Power P is right. It is www.allinbroadcasting.com.

Save your ears the trouble and come on down. There is no law that you can't come twice in the same year :D

With all the hype surrounding the game what’s everyone’s best guess on attendance? This should generate an enormous gate for SP:-) Word is the visitor side holds 1,500 I’m not sure about the home side but I would guess at least 2,000. With total seating being at least 3,500 and an unknown amount of standing room my guess is 4,000. Hopefully SM will bring the 1,500 for our side. I’m sure there will be people from SP there that haven’t been to a game in years, just like we experienced at SQ last year.

Wow it’s only Tuesday and I’m already excited and ready for this one!!!! Heck I haven’t wished time to go by this fast since I was a kid. lol Funny I’m more interested in this one than I am the UT vs UF game on Saturday, so much so that I’ve almost forgotten that one.

I really think there will be 5,000+ at this game with people three and four rows deep around the track. We have had that many before in some classic Jasper vs. SP battles don't know why we could not have that number again or even more with all the hype surrounding this game as you said. I know people that are coming to see this game from Knoxville, Nashville, the Chattanooga area, down in Alabama and everywhere.I would bet that alot of Jasper fans will be at this game instead of watching their own team play. Should be a great one. I can not wait!

WeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeDoggie! Ur right bout' tha Forty points boy. But "Charlie Daniels" is in the house. Add 16 to it son. City boys are wimps after uh country boy hits em' a two.

[/quote

This is exact post that make people get the idea that everyone in our little town are is ignorant and oblivious to reality as u....TrainTracks says go lasso u a horse and leave football message boards alone.... We will win in a shooting or get blownout...Sorry to say but if it's ugly then it's because they are lighting our secondary up and we aren't getting to QB...

One thing I am curious about is that all these media people that are saying this game is a toss up if I am hearing correctly needs to just listen to the Freepress so called experts who did not have the Pirates in there top 10. If anyone has disrespected us it is them. They want to cover the Pirates especially at the end of the year when we are usually the only ones still playing but they pull something like that. Big Bad mccallie gets beaten by Tyner who the Pirates beat the last 2 years. Signal Mountain ranked that high after the Pirates waxed them last year and lets not forget North Jackson who always are ranked ahead of us until the same team who they are supposed to beat every year knocks them out of the playoffs. This is just something that kind of burns me. They keep Stephen Hargis under control up there but we need someone fighting for us.

The newspapers know we will be ranked high in their poll as the season progresses, so in fairness they almost have to rank the area teams that they know will falter, and then let them fall by the wayside as they are defeated. Besides our kids may need the motivation of not being ranked in local polls. Don't sweat those...just the one in December. GO PIRATES!!!

Btw if and when TC plays SM they better hope they play them at the Creekbank because that's the ONLY way they can beat the Eagles this year

First off....don't bring us into this feud. We've got nothing to do with this one. We've got a long way to go before we can even start thinking about a possible match up. I'm just curious on how you made your assessment? Surly it can't be based off of some spring scrimmage, and I know you haven't seen us play.

Second...I'm in agreement with Sportman. Some of you need to chill out (not singling you out by any means TT99, as evident in a few post above). As most of you know, I have all the respect in the world for the Pirates, but it looks like some would have learned their lesson after the last few years....you know the teams nobody could stay on the field with. How did that work out for you? I'm actually surprised that some of you are even giving SM a chance. According to some, the Pirates have never lost a game. It's always someone else's fault...refs, coaching, sun in the eyes, etc. At the same time, it's not hard to figure out who the D.A's are, and who's not. Even though I think we'll "pirate rule" everybody else on our schedule, I'm not going to get on here and say it. A little humility would do several of you good. Last but not least, WE are the gold standard for small school football in Tennessee, not South Pittsburgh. Last I checked, you all are still quite a few gold balls behind us. So to all the D.A's....put that in your Pirate pipe and smoke it! If I've offended anyone, then I'm talking to you. :thumb:

That being said...I hope you all beat the (fill in the blank here) out of Signal Mountain. I'm still planning on being there, and would still like to meet some of you (on both sides). Butchie, I may holla at you later in the week. If you don't have a packed car, I may see about meeting you in M'boro. Going to try to talk the brother-in-law into going....Snoball's wife has plans for him. If there's not 5,000+, I'd be disappointed. :twisted:

Edited by SEVEN

First off....don't bring us into this feud. We've got nothing to do with this one. We've got a long way to go before we can even start thinking about a possible match up. I'm just curious on how you made your assessment? Surly it can't be based off of some spring scrimmage, and I know you haven't seen us play.

Second...I'm in agreement with Sportman. Some of you need to chill out (not singling you out by any means TT99, as evident in a few post above). As most of you know, I have all the respect in the world for the Pirates, but it looks like some would have learned their lesson after the last few years....you know the teams nobody could stay on the field with. How did that work out for you? I'm actually surprised that some of you are even giving SM a chance. According to some, the Pirates have never lost a game. It's always someone else's fault...refs, coaching, sun in the eyes, etc. At the same time, it's not hard to figure out who the D.A's are, and who's not. Even though I think we'll "pirate rule" everybody else on our schedule, I'm not going to get on here and say it. A little humility would do several of you good. Last but not least, WE are the gold standard for small school football in Tennessee, not South Pittsburgh. Last I checked, you all are still quite a few gold balls behind us. So to all the D.A's....put that in your Pirate pipe and smoke it! If I've offended anyone, then I'm talking to you. :thumb:

That being said...I hope you all beat the (fill in the blank here) out of Signal Mountain. I'm still planning on being there, and would still like to meet some of you (on both sides). Butchie, I may holla at you later in the week. If you don't have a packed car, I may see about meeting you in M'boro. Going to try to talk the brother-in-law into going....Snoball's wife has plans for him. If there's not 5,000+, I'd be disappointed. :twisted:

Hey Seven, I'm On A Solo Mission Again This Week. Ole Duck Has An Adult Movie Gig In The Keys. So I'm Headed South Alone. And A Murfreesboro Meet Would Be Cool. I May Also Need Help With Some Of Them South Pitt People. I Plan To Stay Within Screaming Distance Of Law Enforcement!

Seven, I agree with you. We have alot of posters that apparently haven't looked in my book and have no idea about the other teams. I garuntee you if they would pick up my book and read it, they would not think we are unbeatable. Don't worry Seven, you didn't offend me. If you come Friday, we should meet up and read some in my book and have a red bull. I garuntee you that in a few weeks, i will start having to bring my hot cocoa. It is getting cool at nights.

Hey Seven, I'm On A Solo Mission Again This Week. Ole Duck Has An Adult Movie Gig In The Keys. So I'm Headed South Alone. And A Murfreesboro Meet Would Be Cool. I May Also Need Help With Some Of Them South Pitt People. I Plan To Stay Within Screaming Distance Of Law Enforcement!

After seeing you (from a distance) last Friday I think most people will try to stay out of screaming distance from you :mrgreen:

I agree with you 100 percent about Trousdale being in front of South Pittsburg in the smaller school competition. Anyone that is a Pirate fan if they speak the truth then should be able to admit that. I wish you all wouldnt have moved up though. Playing you all was always thet game of the year for me no matter who won.