Gordonsville@Monterey

pasttiger

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gville won 40-3.

It was 27-0 at half, and Gville came out flat in the 3rd, turning it over on downs and then letting Monterey kick a field goal.

Our freshman QB scored our last TD.

The boys looked good overall, and I felt that the coaches could've taken advantage of some matchups on the field.

Monterey had some athletes, there was a couple I wouldn't mind having on a team, #85 and #20 for sure.

I will also say this, I've had nothing but problems out of refs from the Cookeville office on all levels. They are the biggest homers I have ever seen. Some of their calls are just plain ridiculous how obvious they're slanted. <_<

on that kickoff the monterey boy got popped, ball was rolling on the field before he went down. that was a bone headed call by the ref.

on that kickoff the monterey boy got popped, ball was rolling on the field before he went down. that was a bone headed call by the ref.

It wasn't the only one. The side judge on our side of the field talked to the chain gang all night. He's the one who threw the flag on Coleman's long run.

Like I said, I've had trouble with those refs in pee wee football as well. jeesh. :angry:

Let me try. Gville gotten better game by game. Beginning to cut down on mistakes that 15,16,17 year olds make. Probably need one BIG win to seal the deal and let these young men know what they have to do week in and week out. Learn to do what they are coached to do in the proper way regardless of what is being said at the kitchen table and by the all knowing "COACHES" there in town.

Bottom line they continue to progress ever since the Carthage game and appear to be learning what it takes to win and become the team that no one relished the thought of playing.

I think that a start. How bout you old friend?

Let me try. Gville gotten better game by game. Beginning to cut down on mistakes that 15,16,17 year olds make. Probably need one BIG win to seal the deal and let these young men know what they have to do week in and week out. Learn to do what they are coached to do in the proper way regardless of what is being said at the kitchen table and by the all knowing "COACHES" there in town.

Bottom line they continue to progress ever since the Carthage game and appear to be learning what it takes to win and become the team that no one relished the thought of playing.

Sounds about right. I'm hoping the FC win is the big win they need, because I really don't see much from any of the teams left on the schedule.

They have cut down on penalties, and they are getting better. I think the next 5 games need to looked as opportunities to work on theirselves more than the other teams to get ready for the playoffs. There are still some things they can do better and there will continue to be.

I question some things from the coaches at times, but who doesn't. They also do alot of good things that I really wouldn't have thought of. They were able to be successful with QB sneaks tonight on a regular basis, even our frosh QB scored on a 35 yard sneak.

the tigers look much better than they did in week one. i think the team has come together. they will not be a team that others will want in november. i am very proud of our boys.

The Gville-TC game was mentioned twice in the Tennessean before the game. They wrote it up, made predictions, and mentioned players.

After the game, they didn't even print a score. That's what was being discussed. The Cookeville paper didn't write anything up about it afterward when they did the same thing as the Tennessean pregame.

And, as far as I know there is nothing metropolitan about Gordonsville.

Croz, go look at a map of the Metropolitan area...Smith County and Trousdale County are included even though we both know there is nothing Metropolitan about either area. As for why the Tennessean mentioned it twice prior to the game and then didn't mention it after...have no clue.

Here's a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashville_metropolitan_area

Croz, go look at a map of the Metropolitan area...Smith County and Trousdale County are included even though we both know there is nothing Metropolitan about either area. As for why the Tennessean mentioned it twice prior to the game and then didn't mention it after...have no clue.

Here's a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashville_metropolitan_area

The TC-Gville game was one of the biggest games in the area, and Tennessean even contributed to the hype, and then they didn't even mention a score. They usually at least show a score even when we're RBS or Pickett.

As far as the Metro thing, they could care less about Smith County and the feeling is mutual.