Gordonsville@Monterey

pasttiger

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's where I disagree. We don't travel well at all, and I'll be the first to admit I'm just as guilty. Oh...we'll travel well for select games and in the playoffs. That's when TC people start showing up. I kinda felt sorry for the Jackson Co. people. They talked like their was a real buzz around town during the week of our game, only to be disappointed by our lack of fan support. I guess that's just what happens with success.

My beef is unsatisfied fans. I mean we did win Friday night against a pretty good ball team. I heard the "talk of the town" Saturday morning and it was just ridiculous, moronic, and idiotic. Croz, Grunt, ole3putt and whoever else is in the know....is this the worst defense you've seen (in 50 years) at TC? Are we supposed to beat everybody by 40? These are just some of the things I've heard. Spoiled rotten I tell you! :popcorneat

no,tc defense is not bad. they are fast move to the ball well and are coached up well. the deal with that game is that they ran into a gordonsvile team that played to their level. most of the teams that tc has to play would have packed it in after that first touchdown. kids would have said that they could not deal with it. who beats everyone by 40 every time? that 2 point win against gordonsville speaks volumes for both programs. like i said before, both teams were on fire on offense and no defense would have stoped either team. that game will go down as a great one. i didnt see much wrong with either team. no group of 15,16,and 17 year olds will play the perfect game of football. but,, on that night i saw two groups of kids play perfect. if anyone is unsatisfied, they may need to just appreciate what they have. it doesnt take much to go from first to worst. no what i mean.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• No reasonable lawyer would take up this case. I am not a lawyer, but I know school law in and out.  Similar situations just like this play out thousands of times each year across the country, even at the college level (i.e. Ole Miss)  The Plaintiff's never win...ever.  If I am wrong, please provide a legal precedent for me. I will be waiting.  https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39431892/judge-drops-ole-miss-player-lawsuit-lane-kiffin  
    • Yes Justin Cruse was named head coach
    • It used to be, I think it still is, a change of 20% +/- gives reason to reclassify. Schools can choose to play up classifications but not down. Here is the mid cycle reclassification info on TSSAA.org When Memphis East changed from a regular public school to an "all-optional" school in 2017 the would've dropped to A but chose to stay in AAA in basketball (baseball, and softball) Penny was still coaching there and with the players they had they would've beaten A teams by 40 and slept walked to the championship. Other Memphis schools stayed in their classifications (mostly in basketball) until the next reclassification cycle. Of course this is the same time that a 4th class was added basketball.
    • TN USA Freestyle & Greco-Roman State Championships Registration Deadline Tonight 5/2 at 8 p.m. CST! Links to register for this weekend's state championships at Summit H.S. below: Freestyle State Championship Tournament https://unapproved website/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=853379132 Greco-Roman State Championship Tournament https://unapproved website/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=853380132
    • Who has more access to kids? Charters? Privates?