Henry County (3-1) at Springfield (3-0)

bellgo

Looking forward to this big ball game. Lots of play-makers for both teams and two strong defenses. Coming out of fall camp , I was concerned about the Jacket defense , but coach Fite has them playing swarming to the football and this is the biggest difference in last years team. I think this game has the makings for a great game , tired of the talk , its time to play. GO JACKETS!!!!

Looking forward to this big ball game. Lots of play-makers for both teams and two strong defenses. Coming out of fall camp , I was concerned about the Jacket defense , but coach Fite has them playing swarming to the football and this is the biggest difference in last years team. I think this game has the makings for a great game , tired of the talk , its time to play. GO JACKETS!!!!

I agree 100%!! GO JACKETS!! :thumb:

Tomorrow night at this time we will see if the jackets are ready for the next step. We hope the Patriots bring a crowd to show our community that we need to build a new stadium at the high school. Drive safe to Boyce Smith Field! There will be parking at the high school and a shuttle bus starting around 6.

If we help you get a new stadium....will you help us get a new fieldhouse??

Well guys, I guess I will throw in on this too. Henry County, if you haven't heard, runs a completely different Offensive scheme from the last few years. No more is the Spread Option offense. We run a very complete, balanced playbook. However, what makes it different from many other team in the state is that Henry County has many fresh legs go in and go out. Our running backs are fast even if they are the bulldozer brought in to get the 3rd in 1. Our quarterbacks are athletes who are getting better every game. No one player plays both Offense and Defense( If there is one, I haven't noticed yet). I really don't see them being stopped in this one. I say HC 38, Springfield 7. I don't feel jaded by my decision, but any given Friday, anything can happen. GO BIG RED!

Well guys, I guess I will throw in on this too. Henry County, if you haven't heard, runs a completely different Offensive scheme from the last few years. No more is the Spread Option offense. We run a very complete, balanced playbook. However, what makes it different from many other team in the state is that Henry County has many fresh legs go in and go out. Our running backs are fast even if they are the bulldozer brought in to get the 3rd in 1. Our quarterbacks are athletes who are getting better every game. No one player plays both Offense and Defense( If there is one, I haven't noticed yet). I really don't see them being stopped in this one. I say HC 38, Springfield 7. I don't feel jaded by my decision, but any given Friday, anything can happen. GO BIG RED!

I really like our offense, but when you say "balanced" playbook, are you talking about a balance between run and pass? If so, I have missed that balance through the first four games. One of us has been attending the wrong games. I am old school so I don't really want a balance (I would rather run the ball), but your comment confused me.

Edited by Red Warrior

Game Day !!!! GO BIG RED !!! Go to Springfield and bring back a W.

Just curious QB Club Prez, what's wrong with our fieldhouse?

When the fieldhouse was built (after the fire of '85) in the Spring of '86, it was one of the nicest football buildings in the state. However, it was built to house about 60 players and 5-6 coaches. It even had a locker room for the visiting team to dress with restrooms and showers. Today, we have over 130 players with 10-12 coaches, no room for visiting players, no air conditioning (staph infection is a problem every year), an inadequate weight room, no room for field equipment storage, no film room, and inadequate coaches offices...just to name a few. Don't get me wrong..i understand there was a day (not too long ago) when we didn't even have a football...therefore I'm glad to have the things we do have...many people have given generously over the years..but, given the size and direction of our program...the fieldhouse is a MAJOR issue and MUST be addressed soon!

Tonight we should learn where both teams are in the pecking order of District 10AAA...tonight also will determine alot about who will be playing in November! My guess is that both teams should make noise in Week 11! Go Big Red!

When the fieldhouse was built (after the fire of '85) in the Spring of '86, it was one of the nicest football buildings in the state. However, it was built to house about 60 players and 5-6 coaches. It even had a locker room for the visiting team to dress with restrooms and showers. Today, we have over 130 players with 10-12 coaches, no room for visiting players, no air conditioning (staph infection is a problem every year), an inadequate weight room, no room for field equipment storage, no film room, and inadequate coaches offices...just to name a few. Don't get me wrong..i understand there was a day (not too long ago) when we didn't even have a football...therefore I'm glad to have the things we do have...many people have given generously over the years..but, given the size and direction of our program...the fieldhouse is a MAJOR issue and MUST be addressed soon!

Tonight we should learn where both teams are in the pecking order of District 10AAA...tonight also will determine alot about who will be playing in November! My guess is that both teams should make noise in Week 11! Go Big Red!

Didn't even have a football? What?