Dobyns Bennett vs Daniel Boone

BatmanDB

This game takes on a different meaning than when we lost to Farragut and Maryville{they were just a lot better}.TH beat us solid.Clinton and Sevier county were anyones game going into the 4th.This one was more like Mcminn county in 2008 and has a special place in the Redemtion list.It somewhat means more than the others.

This game takes on a different meaning than when we lost to Farragut and Maryville{they were just a lot better}.TH beat us solid.Clinton and Sevier county were anyones game going into the 4th.This one was more like Mcminn county in 2008 and has a special place in the Redemtion list.It somewhat means more than the others.

Well should be a good game regardless. Both teams have something to prove in this one. This is the freshmen group that played to a close7-0 or 7-6 win for DB I believe. People said it over and over the first three weeks of the season last year that Boone didn't have it and "they snuck up on people" to get the wins. They have a good coaching staff that prepares well, it isn't like the Boone team walked into Kingsport last year saying "Well, I hope it goes ok, who knows what DB will run". I couldn't imagine a coaching staff that only focuses on one player and forgets the rest. Anyone reading the message board knows that DB has some killer weapons. It is just a matter of stepping up and playing. You show up, you have a close game, you don't, DB Kingsport will take it to you, simple as that.

At this point last season the Indians were 1-3 and not feeling very good about their football team. Losses to Farragut, Clinton and Sevier County by a combined total of 84-41 (average 28-13). In this Redemption Season, the Tribe has turned that around, being 4-0, paying back 3 losses by a total of 100-35 (average 33-12). With 2 of those games being on the road.

Daniel Boone was my pick to be the best 5A Team in the Big 8 going into this season, but they have not played as expected. The loss to South was a real let down for the Trailblazers. I expect with the week off last week and 2 weeks to prepare for the Indians, we will get Boone's best effort Friday Night in Gray.

All-Time Series Record

Dobyns-Bennett leads 8-3. The Indians have won all 3 games in the series played in Gray. Daniel Boone won the first and last game played in the Series.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

Good game early but Indians win by 25 !!

Payback game number #4. Boone your next!!! Not bragging, but this game will never be close. Boone will score all 10 pts. in the 4th Qtr. With the competition this year in 6A DB needs to win and win big the rest of the way. We're still a little ways off from what we can become and we need to be a full throttle offense to see what we can do when we need to. I like Chris to have a big game this Friday and then we can start throwing to our " PLAYMAKERS". Just hope the coaches are not affraid to show to much. I've never liked this approach, i say give the other team our playbook and try to stop us. After all,WE ARE DB. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two big differences in this season and last.DB has a lot more speed on the field and everyone else is not as good as 2009.I didn't come away from the SC game thinking we were a top 5 team by a long shot.We can look for Boone to try and shut the middle down as SC did.It will be fun to see what kind of speed they have on the edges and if we can put it in the air.I'm well pleased with our defense and our offense,but know we have a long way to go before we are ready to hit the big time.

I see Boone not stopping our running game,They'll load the box but the speed to get to the corners will kill them.D-B=42-13 :thumb:

Last year we held Boone to about 160 total yards and collected every possible penalty known to the football world on offense.We still got 260 something on their great defense{that was proven by the players they had voted All conference and all NETN } and had how many big runs by Chris called back.I thought the one in the fourth hurt maybe more than the fifty or so yard touchdown run early on.We could get beat by anyone with those kinds of let's say misfortunes.Boone had a very good team last year but I simply thought we got ... That was bad enough by it's self and when the salt of who is the real DB was throwed on top.If we come over and Boone beats us like Maryville did last year,I'll be the first to take my hat off to Boone.If we come over and do the same to Boone,I will try and act like I've seen DB win a game or two.