White House 3-0 at Greenbrier 3-1

BDP2003

Kudos to you OGOR, well spoken. Of course the REAL game is this Friday and the freshman games are indeed actually just a dress rehearsal to prepare the young men for varsity action, however it is important to gain the most of those outings as they simulate what it will be like on FRIDAY nights. To do that, you must give them a real game experience. There is a record posted on most school webpages for the freshman teams so it important to try to win in addition to "developing" them. Winning a game where they can look on the scoreboard and see the outcome of their efforts builds great confidence. I believe any coach would want a confident player whether it be freshman, soph., junior, but especially seniors. Win or lose either team will hold their head high. BDP!

I agree, that is why I said it is "unfortunate" because the Freshman players look at it much differently and it is hard for them to accept. I am not going to say it is wrong, because I support the Greenbrier coaching staff 100%, but the philosphy is what it is.

Just me. But I will take "heart" over "confidence" any day.

We will have plenty of time to talk about the Freshman years from now. Looks like a clear day for some football tommorrow night. 27.5 hrs to kickoff!!!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eda says: Good luck to the Bobcats of Greenbrier.

Gameday is here folks. White House has a chance to take a big step towards the playoffs with a big district win tonight! To start 4-0 would be a huge confidence booster with Beech and Goodpasture coming up. BDP will reign in Greenbrier...Go Big Blue!!

Can't wait till kickoff. It will be one of the finest games in the area. If you're not going to any other games, you should come on out and watch this one. How bout it Murphy?? Hope it's a clean game and no one gets injured. Go Blue Devils! BDP!

Gameday is here folks. White House has a chance to take a big step towards the playoffs with a big district win tonight! To start 4-0 would be a huge confidence booster with Beech and Goodpasture coming up. BDP will reign in Greenbrier...Go Big Blue!!

Can't wait till kickoff. It will be one of the finest games in the area. If you're not going to any other games, you should come on out and watch this one. How bout it Murphy?? Hope it's a clean game and no one gets injured. Go Blue Devils! BDP!

Read the other threads....Murphy is going to South Pitt with Roy Dillard. :shock:8-) If ya'll are gonna win by 2 tds (as predicted by you) then it won't be the finest game in the area unless you're a Bloedevil fan. :roflolk:

could be tight till the last minute. didn't say it was gonna be easy. hope your stinger falls off. Haha.

Read the other threads....Murphy is going to South Pitt with Roy Dillard. :shock:8-) If ya'll are gonna win by 2 tds (as predicted by you) then it won't be the finest game in the area unless you're a Bloedevil fan. :roflolk:

I hope you aren't calling me Murphy!! Maybe you are talking about eers...he seems to be the Sumner County Murphy Fair.

Greenbrier WINS! Greenbrier WINS!! Greenbrier WINS!!!

(28 -21, but shhhhh! 'BDP' ain't home yet and we don't want 'em to take back all them predictions; and, personally, I'll take this ANY DAY over a Freshman game...win OR lose; I just wish there was an emoticon with an arm and hand up to an ear...you know, like, 'I can't hear yoooouuu!')

Great game. GBBP!...or whatever.