Baylor vs MBA

landro

MBA's strength is their defense, particularly their front 7. Their starters have aloud 7 points this year, and that was to Ensworth. Their weakness seems to be their oline and the deep ball.

thanks for the info. I think baylor's strength is their offense so it should be a great game.

MBA gets beat Friday against Baylor.

MBA is ripe for a let down and Baylor will take advantage.

The game is thursday night at baylor. I believe MBA observes a jewish holiday maybe that is friday as we played on thursday last year in nashville.

What makes you think they are ripe for a letdown?

The game is thursday night at baylor. I believe MBA observes a jewish holiday maybe that is friday as we played on thursday last year in nashville.

As for me, I believe that MBA is ripe for the letdown after beating some historically dominant public schools and their archrival, Ensworth. It'll be easy for them to have a little swagger in their step at this point. Traveling to Baylor and playing in Chattanooga just lends itself to an upset. Call it a gut feeling.

I normally don't feel discipline teams like MBA have let downs.

But MBA is feeling pretty good right now after besting their cousin "Ensworth".

Not taking anything away from MBA, they are a solid team but have no superstars for once.

But Baylor is a very good team with a good QB (passing and rushing)also. It's a home game for Baylor and they will be up for this game.

For MBA to win , Baylor's QB would have to be off. He will expose the weakness of MBA's secondary.

MBA is ranked 11th out of 12 DII teams in passing defense.

It will be high scoring game with Baylor winning by 7.

Edited by shakinthefat

MBA faces a short week and has not seen any threat of a passing game this year. The defense has played unbelievably all year.Everyone does there job on every play. Very few missed assignments allowing Kay and Riegle to fly around making plays. Coach Mcgugin will do what always does on offense.....run the ball,run the ball,and run the ball. Control the clock and force Baylor into bad matchups. I agree this is Baylors best chance in years to get the Big Red. I say Huesman keeps it close but MBA holds on late 20-16.

Edited by mobile24

MBA teams are usually pretty even-keeled. If there was to be a letdown, I think it would have been more likely to happen against Independence, a fairly unheralded team coming the week after the Ensworth game.

This is not to say Baylor can't beat MBA. They onviously have a pretty decent team. MBA had some difficulty dealing with Ensworth's passing attack. I'm not sure if it's a weakness in MBA's team, or if Ensworth is just extremely fast. MBA did have some success pressuring the Ensworth QB. I haven't seen Baylor, but I doubt they have a better offensive line than Ensworth.

MBA is not made up of any top flight players. I don't follow the recruiting websites (I already lose enough time already trying to follow the antics of adolescents 800 miles away), but I can't imagine any of them are particularly high on anybody's list. Riegle and Franks might be looking at small colleges (Sewanee, for example), Locaci looks pretty good, as does Kaye, but there are no real stars. But the whole is a lot more than the sum of the parts. And like most MBA teams, they tend to be very opportunistic: make a mistake, and they jam it down your throat.

As I said, Baylor may win this one, but if they do, I suspect it'll be due to having a better team, not an MBA let down.

MBA teams are usually pretty even-keeled. If there was to be a letdown, I think it would have been more likely to happen against Independence, a fairly unheralded team coming the week after the Ensworth game.

This is not to say Baylor can't beat MBA. They onviously have a pretty decent team. MBA had some difficulty dealing with Ensworth's passing attack. I'm not sure if it's a weakness in MBA's team, or if Ensworth is just extremely fast. MBA did have some success pressuring the Ensworth QB. I haven't seen Baylor, but I doubt they have a better offensive line than Ensworth.

MBA is not made up of any top flight players. I don't follow the recruiting websites (I already lose enough time already trying to follow the antics of adolescents 800 miles away), but I can't imagine any of them are particularly high on anybody's list. Riegle and Franks might be looking at small colleges (Sewanee, for example), Locaci looks pretty good, as does Kaye, but there are no real stars. But the whole is a lot more than the sum of the parts. And like most MBA teams, they tend to be very opportunistic: make a mistake, and they jam it down your throat.

As I said, Baylor may win this one, but if they do, I suspect it'll be due to having a better team, not an MBA let down.

I agree with you K this MBA team has less big names guys then all their opponents. As you said Reigle, Franks, and Luchachi may be looking small, but no other seniors seem to be destined for D1 ball. The junior class may have one in Jhammal Wright as a corner, and Blake Bars has the size to play. The best players like Reigle and Kay seem just to be really solid high school football players, not superstars. I think this can help a team, because for the team to be successful, it has to rely on everyone, not just the big names. As for the game, I think MBA will pull out 24-10. Baylor has scored 3 points in 3 years...

This should be a good game. Baylor's running game has been strong this year and I am sure MBA will defend the running game well. Baylor's defense hasn't been particularly stellar this year, so I suspect MBA will try to run the ball and control the clock.

While MBA may not have the "stars" of year's past, they still have plenty of very good players and are, as always, well coached. Baylor still has its depth issues when facing MBA and that's always an issue.

Keys to the game will be Baylor's ability to pass (and Huesman can throw)and MBA's ability to control the clock.

While I may be blinded by my Chattanooga Big Red tinted glasses, I'll say:

Baylor 17

MBA 14

Edited by Chattcity