Tennessee @ Science Hill

THSVikings2004

I attended my first game at the new SH stadium tonight and came away very impressed with it. Not sure why some are having so much trouble seeing the field(need glasses?)but my 60 year old father(who doesn't have the best sight)and I sat on the top row behind the SH student section and could see everything just fine. My father even commented multiple times on how impressed he was with the jumbo tron. The field is just, wow. Very nice. All in all both my father and I agreed it's a really nice place to watch a high school football game. And to the person who said TN High's band didn't play at all during any of SH's snaps. You're wrong. They did. My father and I both noticed and commented on how we thought it was rude of the bands to do this.

I had no trouble seeing, but if they're playing on the hash mark furthest from you and 60 or 70 yds downfield than they are quite a distance from where you're sitting. I did like the stadium, but I thought the jumbotron would show replays of all the plays, not just the ones where Science Hill makes a great play.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Field, I agree i felt a lil away from the action, but overall a nice place. As for the comment on the way Downs was used, yep thats pretty much it every week. He has prob 3-4 catches and a td most weeks. I think we should throw it up to him a little more than we do with him being 6'6 and youre average d-back between 5'10-6ft, but hey we're THS we just wanna shove it up the middle till it works. :roflol: I think it was a poorly called game as well. The grounding call, the punt the SH kid def. touched, then your normal home cooking calls. Didnt change the outcome so I see it as a non-issue. Very exciting game to watch. SH has a very good team and I was impressed at the way they fought back instead of hanging there heads at their early 17 point defecit. Great Game, Vikes made me a believer in their season tonight.

I had no trouble seeing, but if they're playing on the hash mark furthest from you and 60 or 70 yds downfield than they are quite a distance from where you're sitting. I did like the stadium, but I thought the jumbotron would show replays of all the plays, not just the ones where Science Hill makes a great play.

Agreed. Both would be nice, but I guess I get it. Home team and all. If it were to get lopsided you wouldn't want it to keep replaying in your house. I did keep reaching for my remote during the commercials. My DVR got me spoiled.

Agreed. Both would be nice, but I guess I get it. Home team and all. If it were to get lopsided you wouldn't want it to keep replaying in your house. I did keep reaching for my remote during the commercials. My DVR got me spoiled.

Yeah, but they didn't replay a single play unless it was a great play for Science Hill. They had the plays as they were happening on the field, but I don't know who want to watch the screen while it was happening on the field. If they could've put all the plays on there immediately following a play on the field it would've made it worth purchasing in my opinion.

I attended my first game at the new SH stadium tonight and came away very impressed with it. Not sure why some are having so much trouble seeing the field(need glasses?)but my 60 year old father(who doesn't have the best sight)and I sat on the top row behind the SH student section and could see everything just fine. My father even commented multiple times on how impressed he was with the jumbo tron. The field is just, wow. Very nice. All in all both my father and I agreed it's a really nice place to watch a high school football game. And to the person who said TN High's band didn't play at all during any of SH's snaps. You're wrong. They did. My father and I both noticed and commented on how we thought it was rude of the bands to do this.

AlumnI01 . . . I agree with you on seeing the field and jumbo tron. Its amazing how 2 or 3 people can see a big gray elephant walk across the road and see 2 or 3 different things. And about the referees, yeah, there was a few missed calls, but overall I thought it was a decently called game. And I was on the sidelines with a camera, so I seen things up close and personal.

I am a South fan so I'm neutral. I was pulling for Stacy and his boys but I predicted the Vikings to win 24-21...oh well, I got the spread right. Anyway, as I said, I'm neutral...and there was home cooking.

Like I said, 2 or 3 (neutral) people can see the same thing 2 or 3 different ways. I think it is called "perception". Maybe not - yeah I think so - oh crap man, that aint the way it was at all - yeah it was, I seen the whole thing - how could you see it from where you were sitting - no, all y'all got it wrong, let me tell you how it is... :shock:

Edited by lllllll

AlumnI01 . . . I agree with you on seeing the field and jumbo tron. Its amazing how 2 or 3 people can see a big gray elephant walk across the road and see 2 or 3 different things. And about the referees, yeah, there was a few missed calls, but overall I thought it was a decently called game. And I was on the sidelines with a camera, so I seen things up close and personal.

A few missed calls would be called bad officiating... but when ALL of those "few missed calls" are on the visiting team it's called home cooking (CHEATING). And in my book (win or lose) that's not excepted. Maybe you don't see it that way because the BIG GRAY ELEPHANT is blocking your "up close and personal" view. ;)

Edited by Cap1

A few missed calls would be called bad officiating... but when ALL of those "few missed calls" are on the visiting team it's called home cooking (CHEATING). And in my book (win or lose) that's not excepted. Maybe you don't see it that way because the BIG GRAY ELEPHANT is blocking your "up close and personal" view. ;)

Good one BUCKWHEAT :thumb:

Boo Whoo - Boo Whoo :cry: All the calls went against you guys, eh? If your crying tonight, maybe you will need a diaper change next week?