Greeneville(4-0) at Tn High(4-0)

DevilMan03

Who Wins?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

See that’s why I like Greeneville week! :D You guys (and gal) can do it both ways… dish it out as well as take it. That’s the way I role… I’m not a stranger to CROW. It comes with the territory. :blush: I’m gonna back my team to the last click on the clock… and when the fat lady sings I will ALWAYS give credit where credit is due. UNLESS you CHEAT like … well… you know who you are.

To answer your question… Daniel Boone last year in the second round CHOKE in the playoffs. Before that it was South in 08’.

Oh Alright. I forgot that game was at home lastyear. And we both can dish & take it Cap. Somethings I admit makes me a bit mad or wonder if your crazy. But you do make me laugh w/ some of your outrageous post...Cap I can honestly say you haven't saw a Devil Team like this in awhile. These guys are for real whether they play 4a,5a, or 6a...If you do score comparisons against the Betsy/Hill game then you give the huge node to the Devils. But I know scores dont stand to a hill of beans but what does matter is how you play the game and how you finish the game. FINISH if your up by 21 or down by 40. You never give up and show that you are fighters. You gotta be a lil worried about how the hill showed the devils what to do. I mean 21 in the 3rd??? thats scarry Cap...

Oh Alright. I forgot that game was at home lastyear. And we both can dish & take it Cap. Somethings I admit makes me a bit mad or wonder if your crazy. But you do make me laugh w/ some of your outrageous post...Cap I can honestly say you haven't saw a Devil Team like this in awhile. These guys are for real whether they play 4a,5a, or 6a...If you do score comparisons against the Betsy/Hill game then you give the huge node to the Devils. But I know scores dont stand to a hill of beans but what does matter is how you play the game and how you finish the game. FINISH if your up by 21 or down by 40. You never give up and show that you are fighters. You gotta be a lil worried about how the hill showed the devils what to do. I mean 21 in the 3rd??? thats scarry Cap...

Good points. In the game with the Toppers (and I’m being completely honest… no jokes)… the Vikings ran on them at will in the first half. There were a couple of the several bad calls that stopped scoring drives. One was a pass interference in the end zone after a Viking had caught the ball for a touchdown. Comp said he saw the interference but I watched the replay the HILL provided… and I still didn’t see interference. They not only penalized the Vikings with 15 yards but they lost a down also. Never heard of that before but I guess it’s the rule. Anyway… it was so easy to move the ball (verses the Toppers not able to put anything together to amount to anything) that the writing was on the wall going into the locker room with a 17 to 0 lead. Stacy made adjustments at the half and scored quickly and right after that pined the over confedent Vikings inside the 10 on the kickoff… and the Vikings fumbled the ball on the first play. So there is 14 of those 21 points. A complete break down in coverage accounts for the other score. Don’t get me wrong… the Toppers are a very talented team with very good size but they really couldn’t do anything with the structured running attach of the Vikings and they relied on the big play to score.

There is no doubt in my mind that Greeneville will be the biggest test that we will face in the regular season and that includes DB. Greeneville offers just as much athleticism as the Indians but with a tougher match up at QB to deal with. They also bring a defense to the table that is on a different level than what we will face in the Big 8. We will count on over confidence and mistakes to aid the Vikings Friday night. On that same note you WILL have to deal with a relentless running attach that you haven’t seen this year. Defense will be the difference in this game and that’s why Greenville gets the edge in most peoples book. Our defense … especially the secondary hopefully learned some valuable lessons last Friday with the blazing speed of the Toppers.

:popcorneater:

Edited by Cap1

Good points. In the game with the Toppers (and I’m being completely honest… no jokes)… the Vikings ran on them at will in the first half. There were a couple of the several bad calls that stopped scoring drives. One was a pass interference in the end zone after a Viking had caught the ball for a touchdown. Comp said he saw the interference but I watched the replay the HILL provided… and I still didn’t see interference. They not only penalized the Vikings with 15 yards but they lost a down also. Never heard of that before but I guess it’s the rule. Anyway… it was so easy to move the ball (verses the Toppers not able to put anything together to amount to anything) that the writing was on the wall going into the locker room with a 17 to 0 lead. Stacy made adjustments at the half and scored quickly and right after that pined the over confedent Vikings inside the 10 on the kickoff… and the Vikings fumbled the ball on the first play. So there is 14 of those 21 points. A complete break down in coverage accounts for the other score. Don’t get me wrong… the Toppers are a very talented team with very good size but they really couldn’t do anything with the structured running attach of the Vikings and they relied on the big play to score.

There is no doubt in my mind that Greeneville will be the biggest test that we will face in the regular season and that includes DB. Greeneville offers just as much athleticism as the Indians but with a tougher match up at QB to deal with. They also bring a defense to the table that is on a different level than what we will face in the Big 8. We will count on over confidence and mistakes to aid the Vikings Friday night. On that same note you WILL have to deal with a relentless running attach that you haven’t seen this year. Defense will be the difference in this game and that’s why Greenville gets the edge in most peoples book. Our defense … especially the secondary hopefully learned some valuable lessons last Friday with the blazing speed of the Toppers.

Cap Great Post.

And these two teams are very alike. Both Run First and second and if they have to run on third tooo...The Devils are gonna hit you w/ spradlin, willy c, and stewart, wait did i forget shuffler? lol. I cant wait for this game. This Devil D is by far better than the hill

Just for the record - If you noticed - I was the photographer on the 5 yd line and the TH receiver pushed off of the SH defender before the ball got there. IT WAS A GOOD CALL!

Edited by lllllll

Cap,on comparing Greeneville to DB,here is my take.Greeneville plays a steady four man front and doesn't bring as many blitzes.DB has more team speed but is smaller on both sides of the ball.Time will tell which team matches up best against the Vikings.This is the very best Greeneville team that I've ever seen.This is Greeneville's version of Tennessee highs early seventies teams that dominated everyone and were Alcoa plus Maryville of that time.No, Greeneville is not on par to do that but they can sure make some history that has been a long time coming for this part of the state.Tennessee High has a great chance to put it's dirty mark on the Devils,but it will take every last TH player giving it's best and maybe the set of refs that called the Greeneville vs South game instead of those your talking about.IT happens to us all

Cap,on comparing Greeneville to DB,here is my take.Greeneville plays a steady four man front and doesn't bring as many blitzes.DB has more team speed but is smaller on both sides of the ball.Time will tell which team matches up best against the Vikings.This is the very best Greeneville team that I've ever seen.This is Greeneville's version of Tennessee highs early seventies teams that dominated everyone and were Alcoa plus Maryville of that time.No, Greeneville is not on par to do that but they can sure make some history that has been a long time coming for this part of the state.Tennessee High has a great chance to put it's dirty mark on the Devils,but it will take every last TH player giving it's best and maybe the set of refs that called the Greeneville vs South game instead of those your talking about.IT happens to us all

Good point… I can’t disagree with anything you said. I haven’t seen the Devils this year but I have seen DB, and team speed is probably their biggest asset… it’s all over the field. I’ll have a better idea of the Greeneville speed after Friday. What I do know is that Science Hill has a receiver that I would put money on against anyone. His long stride is deceiving… he runs like a gazelle. He along with the Adams boys and Michelle are going to test even the speed of the Indians. On one kickoff return Michelle was almost their before the ball… no exaggeration. And they ALL have good size.

I think greenville has more team speed hall runs a 4.8 40 bj runs 4.6 40 schufler runs a 4.41 40 and wille ran a 4.38 40 lazer time on a track that's just a lil bit of the speed we have we have spped for days I would jerk ur arm off if u wanted to bet that wide receiver could out run wille or schufler lol they would blow his doors off n a race

Good point… I can’t disagree with anything you said. I haven’t seen the Devils this year but I have seen DB, and team speed is probably their biggest asset… it’s all over the field. I’ll have a better idea of the Greeneville speed after Friday. What I do know is that Science Hill has a receiver that I would put money on against anyone. His long stride is deceiving… he runs like a gazelle. He along with the Adams boys and Michelle are going to test even the speed of the Indians. On one kickoff return Michelle was almost their before the ball… no exaggeration. And they ALL have good size.

I imagine the Adams players are kin to Ashlon.It sounds like him when you were describing the other player as well.That was a big get for us in 2008,a great young man that was stronger than most of our players plus had great talent in whatever sport he wanted to play.

My take on this year's matchup after seeing last year's game at the Burley: Greeneville is a little better , maybe a lot better. Tennessee High may be not quite as good, but I am hedging that assessment because I thing Stubbs has plenty he has not shown yet. The game last year started like Greeneville would own the Vikings then tournovers and a huge strike to Howard swung it the Vikings' way. Was Chaz Story healthy for the game last year? I believe he will make a difference is this year's game with run defense that the Vikings have not seen the likes of . I could see this one a 9-6 defensive struggle with all FGs as good as the kicking game is for both sides or a 41-37 shootout if the offenses execute without turnovers. Close either way, but I'm going with Greeneville. They win if they don't give it away.