Dobyns Bennett vs. Sullivan South 2010

2000southreb81

Wow! What an Einstein! DB has more speed and South would be 4-1 with no turnovers. You really know your football. Wish you had come along sooner. I wonder what everybodys else record would be with "no turnovers". Welcome to the "real world"

:roflol: It's a good thing we pull for two different teams. The BREAK DOWN rate on here would double!! I'm just sayin... :lol:

Edited by Cap1

Football it is.If you have seen South play,you know they could have a break out game anytime.The key is DB's pass defense getting better this week and will South have the time to throw.On the other side of the ball,DB has a lot of speed on the edges,but should try the middle with Chris this week.I don't know if South has the beef to make DB go around like Sevier county and to a lesser extent Boone.Any defensive coordinator with some football knowledge will try to stop the middle first and hope they have enough speed to get on the outside as well.In my opinion,South does not.That's where you must force a pitch and hope for turnovers.This was my worst fear about DB's offense going into the season. South has a fine QB and lots of great young men.I've met several of them and wish only the best but not in a victory sort of way this week.I never count victories before the game and very few South folks have wanted to talk football.ON the side show you see.The village idiot that every local fan has been offended by is trying to take away any fun or real football talk this sight was meant for.Turning it into a circus and trying to make everything about themself .Ruining anything us high school fans enjoy.Just to try and be the noticed fool he or she is.

:roflol:

Spoken just like the kid that always gets picked last on the playground. CoachT already has a section for you… its labeled CHEERLEADERS. :lol: If you can’t stand it posting up here on the porch… then stay out in the yard and READ! If it weren’t for some of these knuckleheads on here (me included) most of these threads would be 10 posts long by the end of the week. This “trash talking†as you call it actually drums up more interest (when done in… lets say… ethical manner) in the games and match-ups than any facts you could ever spout out … and it brings many people out to the games to support their team that normally wouldn’t even bother with high school sports. I mean… how many of you made it a point to come to the Greeneville vs THS game hoping to see what you saw :blush: so that you could go home and log on to CoachT after the game and give it to ol CAP!! :D Tell the truth. Now how happy do you think that made Tennessee High’s athletic department?! As long as we can keep it between the lines, most of us (with the exception of those that already have a mental tick and are subject to go “postal†at any time anyway… and who’s screen name starts with a W) the “trash talk†can be entertaining and profitable for us all… including the pharmaceutical industry that supplies anti-hypertensive and Rolaids. :thumb: So lighten up dude… nobody called for the police around here.

HI,Im Mr W

The format could actually help South, by my read. Please correct if wrong.

1. Finish 1st or 2nd. (Not Happening)

2. Finish top 32 outright in total wins. (Probably not happening)

3. Be in top 32 with ties broken by # of opponents that have won more than 50% of their games. (Could be)

That is where playing good teams could actually help. I believe TSSAA has them #32, by virtue of this last tiebreaker, where South is way ahead of the other 2-3 teams.

I think you are right about that aspect of playing tougher teams as a tie-breaker jhilts. The problem I am seeing is getting into a tie-breaker situation if we end up 4-6. Other 5A teams we are vying with for those last spots are projecting to 5-5 records. Cherokee for instance is 2-3 with games left against hapless South-Doyle, Cocke Co. and a 1-4 Seymour squad. Some games like the Seymour-Cherokee game may need to go our way in order for us to get in unless we take care of business against the Toppers or Vikings and get to 5-5.

I think you are right about that aspect of playing tougher teams as a tie-breaker jhilts. The problem I am seeing is getting into a tie-breaker situation if we end up 4-6. Other 5A teams we are vying with for those last spots are projecting to 5-5 records. Cherokee for instance is 2-3 with games left against hapless South-Doyle, Cocke Co. and a 1-4 Seymour squad. Some games like the Seymour-Cherokee game may need to go our way in order for us to get in unless we take care of business against the Toppers or Vikings and get to 5-5.

I think South will win over Tennessee High & Science Hill.

What kills you if you make the playoffs is being matched up against a power house in round one.That's the trade off for teams that play good out of conference teams to get better but may get a loss or two.Greeneville needs a couple of tough games because their conference is a joke.South has DB,TH,Boone and up and coming SH to get them ready every year.Like I've told Volunteer and Central people,I'd play teams that make North Greene look like a power house to get a better record.

BT Momma must be getting to you WaCo.... Let's re-think this statement after Friday Night. You ain't helpin' make those PB&J's for the Saturday road trips are you?

What happens Friday night ain't gonna' help the Vikings or the Toppers any. I just think South has a better team than those two.

Edited by WaCoJaCo