Dobyns Bennett vs. Sullivan South 2010

2000southreb81

Former.From the looks of it,DB could be in a good early draw for the playoffs.But that could change.The Maryville vs Bearden game will do a lot for the seeding.DB could get one of those two in the second round but I hope we play well enough and can see one in the third round.All that is after a lot of work and staying as healthy as possible.Either way you slice it,DB has a monster task from the get go at playoff time.The semi's and finals are not easy victories as Maryville found out in the finals last year.The catbird seat is the Devils and we all know it.Even so,they play a little football at schools like Red Bank and on west.

Thank you, Batman. I'm not on here alot, for reasons already expressed, but thank you for bringing us back to the real world. The side show----every village has an idiot, so we're resigned to it. One reacts to the other, and back and forth--so there you go. South 2-3, should be 4-1 with no turnovers. DB 5-0, has played well with impressive numbers. DB obviously the favorite, but that's why they play the game. South has been plagued with turnovers, and has to eliminate those this week. DB has more speed at the wides on Offense and the same on the Def.Corners. How many players did each team graduate last year----how does maturity play in this???

Hey I want to play too.

I have seen both teams play this year. DB has more speed EVERYWHERE not just at wide out and CB. South has been living by a one headed offensive plan with a couple of passes hear and their. Other than the talented QB, the running game has been almost nonexistent. DB wins this one simple because the Watson blitz is not going to allow the (South bread and butter) QB option to get off the ground, so therefore you are going to be dependant on an inconsistent passing attach against a secondary that you will have to catch asleep to get behind and a sporadic at best running attach. In a nutshell… unless South somehow wins the battle of field position (that may not even materialize because of DBs talented backfield across the board) they simple won’t be able to score… regardless of how well their defense plays. Don’t get me wrong… South has a decent team this year and will far much better against my Viking. Because even though we have plenty of speed, talent, and size as well… we are (for whatever reason) not a very physical team YET. So your QB will more than likely be able to at least get his against the Vikings. I cringe just thinking about what DBs CS will do to us this year after being SHUT OUT for two years in a row… IF we don’t step up and HIT SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

One more thing. South seems to have a good coach that is able to make legitimate adjustments. He knows the QB sneak aint gonna get it this week… especially after he’s milked it all year up to this point. I’m sure he has a surprise for ol Watson and his gap shooters. :thumb:

I think TN High, Boone, and South can compete Waco....I just think that DB and Greeneville are monsters this year that no one can get a handle around. It seems pretty plain to me that the difference in those two schools in the area and everyone else is miles of difference. Heck, Boone got their tail whooped by South and DB....what can ya do? Just pick your ball back up and play.

It's a rivalry game...and a one sided rivalry game as I see it. South is to DB as what Crockett is to Boone. I don't think South has the weapons this year, but I'd like to see a closer game...but I think the DB kids turn on that meanness and really take it to South, just as South just knows how to take it to Boone when they play.

With all the talk of DB and Greeneville....every football fans really wants to know how good they are when playoff time comes around. I think that a team from this area can get to round 4. A lot of the big games came early, and teams need to get better as the weeks go on. I still feel good about my Boone boys in the playoffs, and by today's results on 5A ball, South can still squeak in with some wins.

6A....by everything I have seen DB should be sitting in the #1 Seed spot again, I just hope that they don't end up doing what happened last time they were in the spot...and I say that as a fan of the conference who would really like to see DB make a lot of noise playoff time.

But do all roads end at Maryville? Still a little early to tell, but I'm sure yours and others opinions should be able to bring to light what goes on in Kingsport around playoff time.

I saw what today's playoff projections look like FB, but I don't see South getting in unless they beat Science Hill OR Tennessee High. I think it will be crucial for them to reach 5 wins on the season. Teams like Cherokee can squeeze them out with 5 wins over easy opponents. The TSSAA was unfair to change the playoff rules in the middle of the stream without giving teams a chance to adjust their scheduling for total wins with easy non-conference wins. Teams like South with tough non-conference schedules will be at a disadvantage for making it in under the current format and it will be difficult for ADs to find the patsies to schedule. Everyone will be looking for them unless they already have them. *see Tennessee High for additional information

Im gonna go against my heart on this one and say South will play D-B a lot tougher than a lot of people think, same with TN High. The fact that South isnt supposed to compete fuels them to show otherwise. I'd much rather play as the underdog anyday. TN High after the poor showing last week, is not that bad...plus they always get up for the Tribe...combine these things with GC bent on pounding the middle, and not using ALL THAT SPEED will keep it close for a while. The secondary for D-B gives WAAAY too much cushion , that kills us on 3rd down conversions, especially if their line can stop the D-B blitz. Just my opinion.

Edited by SPEAR24

Hey I want to play too.

I have seen both teams play this year. DB has more speed EVERYWHERE not just at wide out and CB. South has been living by a one headed offensive plan with a couple of passes hear and their. Other than the talented QB, the running game has been almost nonexistent. DB wins this one simple because the Watson blitz is not going to allow the (South bread and butter) QB option to get off the ground, so therefore you are going to be dependant on an inconsistent passing attach against a secondary that you will have to catch asleep to get behind and a sporadic at best running attach. In a nutshell… unless South somehow wins the battle of field position (that may not even materialize because of DBs talented backfield across the board) they simple won’t be able to score… regardless of how well their defense plays. Don’t get me wrong… South has a decent team this year and will far much better against my Viking. Because even though we have plenty of speed, talent, and size as well… we are (for whatever reason) not a very physical team YET. So your QB will more than likely be able to at least get his against the Vikings. I cringe just thinking about what DBs CS will do to us this year after being SHUT OUT for two years in a row… IF we don’t step up and HIT SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

One more thing. South seems to have a good coach that is able to make legitimate adjustments. He knows the QB sneak aint gonna get it this week… especially after he’s milked it all year up to this point. I’m sure he has a surprise for ol Watson and his gap shooters. :thumb:

I'd say the surprise is a screen or two. :thumb: That's what I would do anyway.It slows down the linebackers some.I said some.Another thing is slip a running back into the flat.That's what I would do.SO,being that my favorite defensive coordinator knows more than I will ever know.He is probably ready for the surprise

I'd say the surprise is a screen or two. :thumb: That's what I would do anyway.It slows down the linebackers some.I said some.Another thing is slip a running back into the flat.That's what I would do.SO,being that my favorite defensive coordinator knows more than I will ever know.He is probably ready for the surprise

I'm guessing it will take some tricks to move the ball much against coach Watson's defense, but I wouldn't like South's chance of screening them with any success. I'm more concerned about slowing down the Ga. Tech style offense. I would think Cannon and Swafford wide would be a lot more enjoyable for our fans and players than the beat down CS put on us wide last year. Let's keep him between the tackles where he belongs.

What time will the gates open and can you enter at the scoreboard gate or down at the parking lot for the visitors?

I saw what today's playoff projections look like FB, but I don't see South getting in unless they beat Science Hill OR Tennessee High. I think it will be crucial for them to reach 5 wins on the season. Teams like Cherokee can squeeze them out with 5 wins over easy opponents. The TSSAA was unfair to change the playoff rules in the middle of the stream without giving teams a chance to adjust their scheduling for total wins with easy non-conference wins. Teams like South with tough non-conference schedules will be at a disadvantage for making it in under the current format and it will be difficult for ADs to find the patsies to schedule. Everyone will be looking for them unless they already have them. *see Tennessee High for additional information

The format could actually help South, by my read. Please correct if wrong.

1. Finish 1st or 2nd. (Not Happening)

2. Finish top 32 outright in total wins. (Probably not happening)

3. Be in top 32 with ties broken by # of opponents that have won more than 50% of their games. (Could be)

That is where playing good teams could actually help. I believe TSSAA has them #32, by virtue of this last tiebreaker, where South is way ahead of the other 2-3 teams.

Wow, that didn't take long. Sensitive, huh?? I called out the idiots and look who bit. I 've heard the old saying, "first hen kackles--first hen laid". Congratulations. You don't see me on here for 2 reasons. 1. I have a job, and it's not selling car parts. 2. Don't care to spend alot of my time with idiots like you who like to post at other's expense. It was good, and I congratulate you for trying---as you replied to Batman's (I think it was) legitimate post. Oh, I know---you and everyone else can post whatever you like and (repy to Cap1---the rest of us can stay off if it offends us really, "offends"----you don't offend me--I know who you are and it's a way for you to feel important and all that), and so the rest of us just have to recognize it for what it is--just a grown child's game where you can insult people without having to be held responsible. The only problem I have is, like I said, takes me and some others way too long to find and have a legitimate conversation about football. Yes, yes, yes, I know, --you can say whatever you want to--yes, I know. I don't expect to change anything, just like to see you jump. You are good a giving it---not so good at taking it. Oh, I know what's coming next---, you own me, right?? Ha, that's the silliest thing---You own me. Yeah, right? See ya, Jocko.

Your really out there........Are you in the Nervous Hospital ?

Thank you, Batman. I'm not on here alot, for reasons already expressed, but thank you for bringing us back to the real world. The side show----every village has an idiot, so we're resigned to it. One reacts to the other, and back and forth--so there you go. South 2-3, should be 4-1 with no turnovers. DB 5-0, has played well with impressive numbers. DB obviously the favorite, but that's why they play the game. South has been plagued with turnovers, and has to eliminate those this week. DB has more speed at the wides on Offense and the same on the Def.Corners. How many players did each team graduate last year----how does maturity play in this???

Wow! What an Einstein! DB has more speed and South would be 4-1 with no turnovers. You really know your football. Wish you had come along sooner. I wonder what everybodys else record would be with "no turnovers". Welcome to the "real world"