Springfield @ Dickson Co.

Kevin38

Kevin38....you did not lose because of a penalty...you would still have to score somehow if and when you got

the ball back! This was a very tightly officiated ballgame with questionable calls on both sides, but good

teams find a way to bounce back and Springfield almost did. Dickson Co. needs to get back to basics and play

a full game or they will find themselves with a loss somewhere down the road!!

Even though I said that, it is not exactly what I meant; I just wish they would have atleast gotten the opportunity to take the lead instead of the game ending on a penalty. I personally would have felt much better if they got the ball back and didnt make it than the way it happened.....

I believe both DC and HC are great teams and Springfield is atleast as good w/ the difference being DC and HC does not make near as many mistakes/TOs which give them the edge.....

Edited by Kevin38

Good game. DC's starting QB/CB went down in the 2nd quarter and that play by Springfield at the end of the third was wild.

Very wild play! There were several occasions in which the DC defense had the opportunity for a sack or loss of yards, and somehow couldn't make the play. What about the multiple fourth down conversions by SHS? That quarterback for springfield is a good player. After being hit as many times as he was, he still had the poise the play in the 4th. Great game. DC played 3 solid quarters and looked like they were dominating until the fourth... The kids looked tired in the fourth (way too many missed tackles, which are uncharacteristic of DC). Too many kids staying out all night last night for homecoming I guess!

Kevin38....you did not lose because of a penalty...you would still have to score somehow if and when you got

the ball back! This was a very tightly officiated ballgame with questionable calls on both sides, but good

teams find a way to bounce back and Springfield almost did. Dickson Co. needs to get back to basics and play

a full game or they will find themselves with a loss somewhere down the road!!

The pass interference was a horrible call. The play should have been a no call which would have stopped the clock and forced dickson to punt. Springfield played very good in the second half. I was most impressed with the quarterback for Springfield's composure. He had guys in his face almost everytime he dropped back and did an excellent job keeping his eyes down field and making a good throw to his reciever. Great game would have been better if the refs let them play a little more and kept the flags in their pocket. The refs should have understood the situation and realized that both players were going for the ball and got their feet tangled. That flag would never have been thrown at any other level of football. Congrats to the Cougars and to Springfield. :thumb:

The pass interference was a horrible call. The play should have been a no call which would have stopped the clock and forced dickson to punt. Springfield played very good in the second half. I was most impressed with the quarterback for Springfield's composure. He had guys in his face almost everytime he dropped back and did an excellent job keeping his eyes down field and making a good throw to his reciever. Great game would have been better if the refs let them play a little more and kept the flags in their pocket. The refs should have understood the situation and realized that both players were going for the ball and got their feet tangled. That flag would never have been thrown at any other level of football. Congrats to the Cougars and to Springfield. :thumb:

WOW...two weeks in a row that Springfield was unable to get their offense back on the field in time to manufacture a late scoring drive! With the athletes Springfield has on that side of the ball...like HC, I'm sure Coach Williams was thankful!

On another note, you will never ( i should say rarely) hear the Prez discuss officials or officiating on Coacht or in person..HOWEVA...Springfield may have witnessed the "leftovers" from the officiating (i'm sure not the same crew) from the Inman Middle(Paris, TN)and Dickson Middle game from Thursday night! Apparently, it has gone down in history as the worst displays of "men in strips" in TSSAA history! Incidently..Inman did outlast the officials with a 44-24 victory. I too doubt that the officials beat the Jackets...i'm confident that the Cougars are every bit the team we are expecting to see on Thursday night..Oct 21! Congrats to DC...(I can't believe I just said congrats to yall)!

First of all good game, and sometimes we will have to learn to be 12 point underdowgs from the start. The first 5 plays and the final 5 plays desmantled our team. That was caused by the officials. Point in making: Tyler Campbell was sitting in the endzone when they said he was not accross the line. Anyone want to see the footage, coach myers has the copy. Secondly can we start a game with out a false start on a play that we seem to run every down. I saw that the only officials that threw flags was the official on the Dickson county sideline (HINT HINT), and the Back judge. They were painting the field yellow, and I could not see any for the cougars. Well rossview is next, and I hope we all learned a valuable lesson: Dont allow the officials to cause you a game! Next time just run the darn clock run!

WOW...two weeks in a row that Springfield was unable to get their offense back on the field in time to manufacture a late scoring drive! With the athletes Springfield has on that side of the ball...like HC, I'm sure Coach Williams was thankful!

On another note, you will never ( i should say rarely) hear the Prez discuss officials or officiating on Coacht or in person..HOWEVA...Springfield may have witnessed the "leftovers" from the officiating (i'm sure not the same crew) from the Inman Middle(Paris, TN)and Dickson Middle game from Thursday night! Apparently, it has gone down in history as the worst displays of "men in strips" in TSSAA history! Incidently..Inman did outlast the officials with a 44-24 victory. I too doubt that the officials beat the Jackets...i'm confident that the Cougars are every bit the team we are expecting to see on Thursday night..Oct 21! Congrats to DC...(I can't believe I just said congrats to yall)!

I attended the game and I have nothing but comments for DC. Bo Brown is a AWESOME ball player and we may have done DC a favor when the QB got hurt b\c the back-up QB is a stud. He made two great plays one when he keep the ball on an option and went over 50 yards to the house and the second on the recovery of the on sides kick. Those kind of plays are what we are looking for not the officials pulling their hankies out on phantom calls.

Edited by TheCommissioner

I attended the game and I have nothing but comments for DC. Bo Brown is a AWESOME ball player and we may have done DC a favor when the QB got hurt b\c the back-up QB is a stud. He made two great plays one when he keep the ball on an option and went over 50 yards to the house and the second on the recovery of the on sides kick. Those kind of plays are what we are looking for not the officials pulling their hankies out on phantom calls.

the pass interference call WAS the right call. The DC player was coming back for the ball, the SF defender was not making a play on the ball and did not see the ball cause he was beat, so he clearly wrapped his arms around the DC receiver keeping him from the ball. That call would and should have been made by any officiating crew. It would have been called in the first quarter, and ts should have been called in the fourth quarter. Springfield cannot get any better until they learn from their own mistakes (fumbles, ints, lack of discipline) and stop blaming others for their defeat.

the pass interference call WAS the right call. The DC player was coming back for the ball, the SF defender was not making a play on the ball and did not see the ball cause he was beat, so he clearly wrapped his arms around the DC receiver keeping him from the ball. That call would and should have been made by any officiating crew. It would have been called in the first quarter, and ts should have been called in the fourth quarter. Springfield cannot get any better until they learn from their own mistakes (fumbles, ints, lack of discipline) and stop blaming others for their defeat.

Sure, you are the 1st person I have heard say that he was not playing the ball, also, didnt their feet just get tangled up..... :rolleyes:

From my angle, it looked like the Springfield defender never turned around to play for the ball. That's always a flag, on any level. Also, quite a few flags on DC too.

The play was right across from me and the player for Springfield definitely turned for the ball and that is when they got their feet tangled. I believe that if you watch the film you will see that. There were a lot of flags on both teams but the ones on Springfield always seemed to be at the worst times. :thumb: