Springfield @ Dickson Co.

Kevin38

the pass interference call WAS the right call. The DC player was coming back for the ball, the SF defender was not making a play on the ball and did not see the ball cause he was beat, so he clearly wrapped his arms around the DC receiver keeping him from the ball. That call would and should have been made by any officiating crew. It would have been called in the first quarter, and ts should have been called in the fourth quarter. Springfield cannot get any better until they learn from their own mistakes (fumbles, ints, lack of discipline) and stop blaming others for their defeat.

He was beat? He was right next to the reciever. The reciever ran through the BACK of the reciever. If you noticed both players landed on their stomachs when they fell which usually means that the defender had to be going for the ball as he was turned toward where the ball landed. :thumb:

• Upvote 1

He was beat? He was right next to the receiver. The receiver ran through the BACK of the receiver. If you noticed both players landed on their stomachs when they fell which usually means that the defender had to be going for the ball as he was turned toward where the ball landed. :thumb:

Don't know what game your watchin, corner was deeper caught the pass and was interferd with bottom line! And Campbell was 1 yrd in the end zone for the win. Don't care what the DC/HC folks say now. Saw proof today the officials have to be held accountable for their work. They are getting paid kids ain't! Why throw there unless you know your getting the call. This is all bunk!

The play was right across from me and the player for Springfield definitely turned for the ball and that is when they got their feet tangled. I believe that if you watch the film you will see that. There were a lot of flags on both teams but the ones on Springfield always seemed to be at the worst times. :thumb:

This is all fantasy the game was called one sided and the head official knows because he was apologetic. WHy did the clock run all night the officials have to be held accountable somewhere, Don't they?????????????????????

Come on Springfield fans, I guess the officials were to blame when the Jackets played Clarksville (12 penalties plus a few turnovers)but no complaining because you won and then Henry Co.(several TO's plus penalties)and you blame WHO?? Officials and Coaches!! Just let the kid's play! Springfield is a young team and will get even better when they realize you do not have to be flashy and learn to play fundamentally sound football. I am sure your coaches stress this every day in practice. As for DC, they still have games to play before HC comes to town, so they better get some people healthy and cut out some of the mistakes that can take you out of a ballgame like it did in the second half last night.Good luck Springfield next week and let the kid's play!!

Come on Springfield fans, I guess the officials were to blame when the Jackets played Clarksville (12 penalties plus a few turnovers)but no complaining because you won and then Henry Co.(several TO's plus penalties)and you blame WHO?? Officials and Coaches!! Just let the kid's play! Springfield is a young team and will get even better when they realize you do not have to be flashy and learn to play fundamentally sound football. I am sure your coaches stress this every day in practice. As for DC, they still have games to play before HC comes to town, so they better get some people healthy and cut out some of the mistakes that can take you out of a ballgame like it did in the second half last night.Good luck Springfield next week and let the kid's play!!

Ur right the officials should just let them play then maybe the best team wins!

Ur right the officials should just let them play then maybe the best team wins!

With all do respect, penalties and turnovers are part of the game. This is the second time in 2 weeks I've seen the Springfield posters complain about officiating and/or rules. Bottom line is, the cream rises to the top, and the best teams find ways to win. Just quit complaining about it and move on. You've lost to two very good football teams over the last two weeks and both games were close. The bottom line is Springfield must quit turning the ball over and committing penalties if they want to be viewed as a true contender. Just my two cents.

With all do respect, penalties and turnovers are part of the game. This is the second time in 2 weeks I've seen the Springfield posters complain about officiating and/or rules. Bottom line is, the cream rises to the top, and the best teams find ways to win. Just quit complaining about it and move on. You've lost to two very good football teams over the last two weeks and both games were close. The bottom line is Springfield must quit turning the ball over and committing penalties if they want to be viewed as a true contender. Just my two cents.

Amen!

The play was right across from me and the player for Springfield definitely turned for the ball and that is when they got their feet tangled. I believe that if you watch the film you will see that. There were a lot of flags on both teams but the ones on Springfield always seemed to be at the worst times. :thumb:

The ball hit the SHS in the belly (not in his back) and he dropped it. How can you say he didn't turn on it. This play didn't cost SHS the game but should have been a no call DC then punts and SHS would have to go the length of the field in less than two minutes to score. The game was taken out of the players hands by the officials plain and simple

The ball hit the SHS in the belly (not in his back) and he dropped it. How can you say he didn't turn on it. This play didn't cost SHS the game but should have been a no call DC then punts and SHS would have to go the length of the field in less than two minutes to score. The game was taken out of the players hands by the officials plain and simple

I didn't say it hit him in the back. and i said he did turn for the ball. That play may not have cost springfield the game but it cost them a chance to win the game. :thumb:

The pass interference play everyone keeps talking about actually happened on 4th down. If there would have been a no call it would have been a TOD. Bo Brown looked good as did Springfields QB. I personally think the injury to the QB in the first half helped/hurt DC. The back up QB played a great game, but the back up corner struggled at times. Both kids are sophomores I believe. The back up corner springfield took advantage of as would I. He continuously got beat, but he never gave up a back breaker. DC needs to figure out a way to get some of those starters off the field bc when it came down to the fourth qtr you could see the fatigue setting in physically. I know the Brown kid is the horse, but if he cant finish the last leg of the race they are going to set themselves up for a disaster down the road. I wanna give a big nod to #33 and #3 from DC and #7 from SHS. Those kids had big games. Goodluck to both teams for the remainder of the season. Stay healthy and work hard.

The pass interference play everyone keeps talking about actually happened on 4th down. If there would have been a no call it would have been a TOD. Bo Brown looked good as did Springfields QB. I personally think the injury to the QB in the first half helped/hurt DC. The back up QB played a great game, but the back up corner struggled at times. Both kids are sophomores I believe. The back up corner springfield took advantage of as would I. He continuously got beat, but he never gave up a back breaker. DC needs to figure out a way to get some of those starters off the field bc when it came down to the fourth qtr you could see the fatigue setting in physically. I know the Brown kid is the horse, but if he cant finish the last leg of the race they are going to set themselves up for a disaster down the road. I wanna give a big nod to #33 and #3 from DC and #7 from SHS. Those kids had big games. Goodluck to both teams for the remainder of the season. Stay healthy and work hard.

Good post