Springfield @ Dickson Co.

Kevin38

Springfield actually might have been the better talented team but they were outclassed. There was little to no class by players as well as coaching staff and apparently fans as well according to the posts I have read here. If they could focus more on the game rather than the refs they might start winning again. DC had fewer turnovers and fewer penalties and that normally wins games. Crying and whining are normally common traits that the losers of a game possess. Its time to move on jackets fans and focus on finishing strong for the playoffs.

Springfield actually might have been the better talented team but they were outclassed. There was little to no class by players as well as coaching staff and apparently fans as well according to the posts I have read here. If they could focus more on the game rather than the refs they might start winning again. DC had fewer turnovers and fewer penalties and that normally wins games. Crying and whining are normally common traits that the losers of a game possess. Its time to move on jackets fans and focus on finishing strong for the playoffs.

[b]I was at the game and I didn't see any classless actions by SHS players or coaches. What actions are you speaking about???[/b]

QBclubprez is 100% correct! However, would you go for the win on the road in the 4th quarter against a good team? Dickson is not a team that you go into overtime with and get another chance to win the game! Coach Myers made the correct call to go for the 2 points! He showed his boys that he believes in them when the game is on the line. This should payoff down the road in the last 5 games, maybe playoffs, but will benefit the young players in the years to come.

Edited by theydontcare

QBclubprez is 100% correct! However, would you go for the win on the road in the 4th quarter against a good team? Dickson is not a team that you go into overtime with and get another chance to win the game! Coach Myers made the correct call to go for the 2 points! He showed his boys that he believes in them when the game is on the line. This should payoff down the road in the last 5 games, maybe playoffs, but will benefit the young players in the years to come.

Meyers options were also limited by our kicker being hurt.

[b]I was at the game and I didn't see any classless actions by SHS players or coaches. What actions are you speaking about???[/b]

From a trusted source who really has no dog in the hunt...here is what happened and then someone can be the judge of class. Large black guy tried to start a fight with a DC player after the game as players are shaking hands. Assistant Coach at halftime came up to number 32 Bo Brown and told him he wasn't sh%$ ! Assistant coach on the top of the press box threw a chair against a wall. Some crazy parent from Springfield ran on to the field and cussed at referees. Things that make you go hummmmmmmmm.

Maybe my source isn't telling the truth but WOW if he was !

From a trusted source who really has no dog in the hunt...here is what happened and then someone can be the judge of class. Large black guy tried to start a fight with a DC player after the game as players are shaking hands. Assistant Coach at halftime came up to number 32 Bo Brown and told him he wasn't sh%$ ! Assistant coach on the top of the press box threw a chair against a wall. Some crazy parent from Springfield ran on to the field and cussed at referees. Things that make you go hummmmmmmmm.

Maybe my source isn't telling the truth but WOW if he was !

Hear-say, not saying its not true but I have been a player and strong SHS supporter my whole life and we dont do things that way. There may be a few bad apples in the bunch just like anywhere but the most of us know how to act and be respectable. Even if I feel we are much better than a team I will not come on here and disrespect them by saying its a waste of time to play them or we out-class everybody, that is disrespectful and arrogant.....

I was also at the game and did witness the parent or fan running after the officials as they left the field while players were shaking hands. Just another example of what has been said by coaches and officials for many years,"kids would be better off if the parents stayed at home." Now almost every parent attends practice as well as games to be sure their child does not get mistreated or yelled at. I myself have coached for a number of years and had children play sports coached by someone other than me and never did question their judgement or particular play calling on the field. Maybe some of the Springfield parents or fans should do the same and set a good example for their's and everyone elses kid's!! I sat on the visitors side because I was late and the DC side was alteady full, but in all the years I have been attending football games I have never heard parents of kid's playing on the field talk so bad about how their coach was running the football program and play's that were being called during the game. Now, some of you are going to say that you have that right as a parent or fan, but just give the coach a chance before you feed him to the wolves(or chase HIM down the field)and by all means, LET THE KID'S PLAY!!