Smith County @ Macon County

glover

Smith County @ Macon County  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? Owls or Tigers?

• Smith County Owls
    • Macon County Tigers

In my oppinion I believe that Macon has played a difficult schedule and it has made them a better team and tougher. Smith County has the 79th ranked schedule and Macon has the number 3 ranked schedule..

Lol opinion sorry but SC's cream puff schedule came back to bite them today and cudos to Macon for being willing to play anyone at anytime

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like the macon fans to learn how to respond to a game like all of the smith co boys have on here....ALL OF YOU ARE CLASS ACTS

Thanks Geo.....MOST of us try to act with a tiny bit of class. Myself....I just love HS football. It's the greatest sport at it's purest form. Sometimes, every once in a while, we (all) forget what it is and what it's really all about.One thing it teaches (and should teach the fans as well as the kids)is how to win with diginity and lose with grace.I have fun on the T poking, and jawing back and forth. I'm guessing and hoping most know it's all in fun. I'm always behind the kids in this area,SC--G-ville-TC-MC-RBS-Watertown.All of them. Anyway, has anybody tried beer-can Crow? Think I'll try it for supper tonight. :hungry:

Great post Termite. As a former Macon County boy I am excited to see things starting to turn around and Congrats on a big win. You have seen what it takes to win now. Keep up the hard work and get some more this season. Good luck Owls, I hope both teams can win out and make the play-offs. It may be the only chance I get to watch either team play.

I could get on here and say I told you so to some of the Smith Co. faithful and bring up old posts and rehash on them a little,but I won't. Macon did what I thought they could do once they put it all together and played a complete good game. Congrats Tigers on the win. Maybe next year Owls.

great ball game on the ridge the other night. great to see all my ridge runner buddies and congrats on a big win. although, i have to say, i was a bit disappointed that i didn't get an "on air" shoutout from my friends in the pressbox. :lol:

as i ate breakfast this morning, in a local establishment, surrounded by my carthage neighbors. i kept hearing the phrase "sandwich game" whilst folks talked about the loss. i myself had never heard this term in my playing days. after researching, i found that it meant; a game against a non-region opponent, that falls between two games against two region foes. hence, i was left with the impression that this game was not taken seriously in some respect... well after hearing that, i almost lost my breakfast right where i sat. when i played, we were taught that the most important game you'll ever play in is the one you've got that week.

anyways, it was a great hard hitting game. i look forward in supporting both programs from here on out. good luck and let's keep our eyes on the playoffs folks. :thumb:

I could get on here and say I told you so to some of the Smith Co. faithful and bring up old posts and rehash on them a little,but I won't. Macon did what I thought they could do once they put it all together and played a complete good game. Congrats Tigers on the win. Maybe next year Owls.

You folks at MC need to hold your head high and be proud of your team. You beat us fair and square - again, NO EXCUSES from SC. We didn't win not even one phase of the game. Out played, out coached out everything. Good luck the rest of the year and I will be pulling for you.

I will have to say as well all folks on here are class acts-termite,glover,org-sc and many others.you took your medicne and showed some class'you did'nt whine or moan''you man'd up and took.my hat is off and good luck to your owls the rest of the way.TIGERS STAY ON TRACK ALOT OF FOOTBALL LEFT THIS YEAR.YALLS MIND NEEDS TO ON 1 THING AND 1 THING ONLY--THIS COMING FRIDAY NIGHT.

Well I drove 6 hours to watch another Smith Co win, but the Tigers just put it to them. The Tigers were bigger and stronger on Friday night, and excecuted everything to win. The Owls will regroup, and this loss may be all they need to go far in the playoffs. One game at a time boys. #45 get well and back on the field when you can, you took one heck of hit, maybe the hardest one I have ever seen in my years of watching HS football. Good Luck to both teams in the rest of the season. The atmosphere was everything that HS football is suppose to be, minus the game delay! Go Owls!

Will and Determation are the only two words that can describe last Friday Night. The unique way MC's offense is ran, which is totally different from the more storied wing-t's, can give teams fits and that showed Friday Night. But the will and determination of the Tigers was the deciding outcome in this contest. I would imagine that "if" some Owls had a case of false overconfidence....It's gone by now. Good Luck Tigers the rest of the way.