54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? Owls or Tigers?

• Smith County Owls
    • Macon County Tigers

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Original, your smiley made me laugh. In fact, I am having to clean my laptop because I spit Powerade all over it when I seen your response. I know everyone on CoachT has to read posts made by most MC posters on here and says to themselves how bad it would be to coach in Lafayette.

puke5.gifmf_surrender.gif

Edited by Antwan

mc didn't spread their offense out much against us, scoot. in fact, they didn't get out of the wing-t much at all. they also lined up foot-to-foot for most of the night. the majority of their passing success came on quick routes within 5-10 yards much like sc did against g-ville. i think if macon is to have any success on offense it'll come from a grinding running game not the home run bomb. macon will need to control the clock and try and wear down smith's D, because i don't see them giving up the deep ball. jmo

anybody know the record of W/L when maynord/pemberton have squared off previously?

i have heard 2-0 in pemberton's favor? anybody know for sure. i'm not saying this amounts to a hill of beans. just throwing it out there.

Macon didn't spread us out and never threw untill it was 21-0.The tiger's have a good QB and big tall receiver's.The running back is tough,but takes a beating until they get behind,just look at the friendship game.Exact way as they played TC.For them to win they will have to have a balanced attack of run and pass.120 yards rushing,22 yards passing,like last week will get them beat.Sycamore won except the scoreboard,6 turnovers.Good Luck to both. TC1

Well folks, gameday. Ole'Scoot just has one thing to say: if the Owls don't play one of their best games, it will be a long night for us. The team MUST be focused and make tackles. MC won't lay down - they will attack us with their ground game, wing T, and it is up to the Owls to stop them. Good luck Owls and be prepared for a battle.

Maybe this is why you are not a COACH? Maybe next season you could place an application for the head coach position:thumb: Just saying

Actually up in Lafayette they call him "Amazing Grace". But he might not be so amazing friday night if all Pemberton calls is run plays. Macon's O-line is pretty good when they wanna be but thats not very often and smith Co. has a pretty good defense so i tink that if macon doesnt throw the ball early and often it could turn into a long night very early for the tigers. coach pemberton needs to let grace open up and throw to his big, atheletic recievers like manning and salyer. i dont think smiths d-fense can hold up to a strong passing attack like macon is capable of producing. if the line can give grace time to throw the ball and the tigers d plays pretty good macon should take this one with ease. sure they may be 1-3 but theyre alot better team than theyve showed this season. it'll prolly be a close one. Macon 27 Smith 21 :geek:

:popcorneater: Ok, Maconrulz has taken some time to gather my thoughts and compare logic to reality. First of all I hope Macon steps up and takes this game, because it will be a great motivational tool indeed. I hope for an injury free game for all players and of course a "W" in the bracket for Macon. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm ready to put some owl meat on the grill HOOOORAHHHHH!! :hungry:

P.S "THEREALIST" If you don't get the coaching job next year maybe you could join "COTTONTAIL" in Humpback Mountain part II :thumb: Just saying.......

1...2........3..........Hit Somebodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Edited by Maconrulz

And so "what" begins????...if our coach is much of a man and you asked him if he's made some mistakes the first three games I hope he'd say yes....and no more than I know about football I came up with 2 or 3 observations. That doesn't mean I don't support the coach. The only coach not making a mistake is one who's not on the sidelines. And, if he can't take people saying what he did right or wrong then he's probably not ready for the job. He got out coached in the Trousdale game. Our 2 min offense was awful. But, in his defense it was his first game. The 4th down fake punt was unusual and I'm sure he didn't see that coming. But, he did get out coached. Best thing is his team is improving..and for his first year with kids in a new system that is all that can be expected. But, when I see something crazy...like, not repeating a play that worked...then I and I hope anyone else on here would wonder why?...for goodness sakes...Goodpasture scored at least 4 times...ON THE SAME FREEKING PLAY....it worked and they kept running it...to me that's good coaching. Just my "humble" opinion. I just wonder if Macon has a decent year and wins 7 or 8 games the next year or two if Smith County will drop us too?????...just asking?

You know what I love is how everyone can critique a coach and say they should have done this or should have done that.There is something about being a coach that everyone thinks they know something about, and can point out mistakes of what they should have done. Coaching is the one profession that the biggest idiots think they can do. I mean how would you feel if we(coaches) came to your job and critiqued you while you work and act like we know more about your job than you do??? Pretty much if you think you can coach and know more than coach Pemberton or any other good coach in this state my advice is to quit your day job, and go get a degree and get yourself out there and coach if you know so much!!!!