54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? Owls or Tigers?

• Smith County Owls
    • Macon County Tigers

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sno, from this and your prior posts, it is evident that you watch a lot of movies. What is your favorite?

i'd have to say cool hand luke is probably my #1 all time. paul newman was awesome both on screen and off.dances with wolves, unforgiven. as far as recently, it'd have to be no country for old men, best movie since pulpfiction in my opinion. :thumb:

No, I meant it would have better for Jessee to have not been standing in the chair to straighten the picture (when Ford shot him in the back).

oh yeah. lol. i'd done my best to block out that entire movie. that's funny though, scooter. :roflol:

Edited by snoball5278

didn't maynord change sc's culture quite drastically?

I don't think so.......I think a little known coach named Gary Rankin did.

There has been some very good coaches at Smith County. After Ron Martin, there was a big drop off. Gary Rankin appeared and took the program to a level it had never been before. He changed the culture more than anyone. After Rankin moved on, there was a little drop off in consistancy. Maynord rekindled the fire.

Folks can say what they want about SC, some in fun,some serious, but you can't question the support the coaches and team gets.

i agree. my sources in macon are saying that the natives aren't restless at this point. infact they are pleased with the gains they've seen. some of macon's losses could have gone the other way, but the breaks of the game just bounced the other way. i still think that their best fooball is ahead of them this year. if macon's O(which has scored very consistently so far this season) can get the ball moving against sc's D (a D that has not aloud many points so far this year) it could give them a shot in this game. while macon's D has been questionable this year, the same can be said for sc's O. this game will come down to macon offense vs. sc defense. winner takes all. if i were maynord i'd have to consider sitting #22 and starting #25. thoughts? let me know if i got those numbers wrong.

i can't believe what I'm reading. Someone as articulate as snowy said "aloud" and not allowed? :lol:

You can' sit #22. He brings something different to the game. Not a power or speed runner. Kind of a jitterbug with a little speed. Now, I do agree that #25 needs more touches. This is a problem SC is not used to. #4-#8-#22-#25....that can run a little with #18 #7 #17and #47 with the possibility of running a litle too.

i can't believe what I'm reading. Someone as articulate as snowy said "aloud" and not allowed? :lol:

You can' sit #22. He brings something different to the game. Not a power or speed runner. Kind of a jitterbug with a little speed. Now, I do agree that #25 needs more touches. This is a problem SC is not used to. #4-#8-#22-#25....that can run a little with #18 #7 #17and #47 with the possibility of running a litle too.

when i was posting that i thought, i've made an error somewhere and i just can't find it! then something got my attention and i hit add reply. :blush:

even the sharpest knife comes up a litle dull sometimes. :thumb::roflol:

Otis: Got your panties in a wad don't you? It is all in fun honey - MC has a good team and will give the Owls a tough game. Still, if you aren't SURE they can win at home, well forget it :roflol:

No no, my panties are quite straight thank you. But i never said they wernt sure they could win at home. I said they dont have a sure win. As in they dont have a gaurented (or however you spell it). Nobody has a sure win ever. Any game can go either way.