Henry County vs. West Creek

RedSwarm10

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Honestly"...I have to agree with the "Man with Wings"...my point was meant only to a couple of baphoons who believe that HC should "blow out" every team we play from now to the first week of December AND who continually shout at, ridicule, and second guess our experienced and legendary coach! Now matter how foolish they are, how obnoxious they sound, or how unhappy they may be with our program, they nor anyone else will discourage me from attending Henry County games....ever!

I have tried a second spot, and it worked out better than the first. It just caught me off-guard that fans would openly not only criticize, but cuss players and coaches in the stands. Believe me, my involvement with high school athletics over the years (I have four sons who played high school sports) has taught me someone is always ready to second-guess coaches (and I have been second-guessed many times myself as a coach).

I guess it was a bit easier for me to not come to games, since I am not a native Henry Countian. I did, however, choose to move here, so I will try not to let a few blow-hards bring me down.

As for this week, the Patriots should win easily, but if I remember correctly, struggled some early against this same team last year. GO BIG RED!

I have tried a second spot, and it worked out better than the first. It just caught me off-guard that fans would openly not only criticize, but cuss players and coaches in the stands. Believe me, my involvement with high school athletics over the years (I have four sons who played high school sports) has taught me someone is always ready to second-guess coaches (and I have been second-guessed many times myself as a coach).

I guess it was a bit easier for me to not come to games, since I am not a native Henry Countian. I did, however, choose to move here, so I will try not to let a few blow-hards bring me down.

As for this week, the Patriots should win easily, but if I remember correctly, struggled some early against this same team last year. GO BIG RED!

I don't sit in the stands and it is because of the arm chair coaches. I find a spot on one the fences near the sidelines and watch. Anyone that comes to a high school game and calls out coaches & players or boos them is a classless coward. My thought is if you know so much more start coaching and see how that goes. I have noticed with each home game that the loud mouths haven't been AS loud.

I don't sit in the stands and it is because of the arm chair coaches. I find a spot on one the fences near the sidelines and watch. Anyone that comes to a high school game and calls out coaches & players or boos them is a classless coward. My thought is if you know so much more start coaching and see how that goes. I have noticed with each home game that the loud mouths haven't been AS loud.

I agree with you. They are everywhere. They have no guts and they have no class. But then again, most people are that way. Those fans make me sick, but as a coach for three decades, I never really heard them. The other fans or the wives actually hear them.

I saw this on the 3A-4A board and thought some of you might want to pass it on to any coaches or players.

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/209270-bethel-university-football/

Bethel University Football would like to invite high school prospects and coaches to our home game vs University of the Cumberlands. The game starts @ 1:30PM. Recruiting activities begin at 10:15AM. Interested coaches and prospects please contact me, Coach Willis, via email willisb@bethelu.edu.

Also please add us on our newly created facebook (Just search Bethel University Football).

Go Wildcats!

Brock Willis

Bethel University Football

325 Cherry Avenue

McKenzie, TN 38201

Edited by SEC1rules