Oneida @ Greenback

crow

Tough luck for all my Coacht buddies and the Injuns in general.Hard to win when you're young and make alot of mistakes. Iknow its hard to watch,but Iexpect Oneida will be really good in the near future. Congrats to Greenback, it sort of looked like you were going in the wrong direction.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my take on this game is both teams showed signs of life then as quickly as they came they would dissipate. oneida has some good athletes and will knock you into next week if you give them half a chance. GB looked better this week than the past few but still struggled in some areas. I think Oneida will be tough in the future however GB is pretty young this year as well. All in all it was a good clean ball game with tremendous sportsmanship from both sides, which I took as mutual respect and was proud to see it. Good luck to the Indians and as far as the cherokees we need to focus on the green wave!!!

Looks like GB has recovered from their stumble. Good job Kees! How is this this the end of a era?

Oneida & Greenback have played for years. This year will be the last for a while at least. As of 2009 they are not in the same district & Greenback declined to continue on as an out of district game for now.

Tough luck for all my Coacht buddies and the Injuns in general.Hard to win when you're young and make alot of mistakes. Iknow its hard to watch,but Iexpect Oneida will be really good in the near future. Congrats to Greenback, it sort of looked like you were going in the wrong direction.

Pujo, the mistakes are killing us. Last night we threw a pick on the third play of the game around our own 20. Of course Greenback scored a few plays later & that was the scoring difference for most of the game.

That being said I don't feel the loss can be blamed solely on mistakes this week. Sure Oneida made plenty but Greenback had their share to. I think this week Greenback was very prepared especially on D. They did a pretty good job all night keeping Oneida in check. Gotta tip your hat to the 'kees, they came out & just won this one.

It is funny, I been reading Oneida football topics and all of the posters on here since I joined last year, but you uns have just about quit your braggin. Good luck to you uns anyways. You might lose to everybody in Morgan County this year but Oakdale

I have been on here for about 6 years and I have never seen anyone from Oneida brag. Keep your luck timmytiger, your gonna need it next year!

I can't comment too much on the game since I didn't get a chance to get down there! Had to listen on the radio. Sounds like Greenback just whipped us when they had too. I think the Indians had 3 or 4 fourth downs that they couldn't convert.

I wish we would adjust our personel just a bit more. I would like to see Bear running more in the fourth quarter. He's a gamer NOTE: I love our coaching staff. I would not trade them even for Bill Cower's Staff I was not on the field nor was I even at the game. I am not second guessing or Saturday morning coaching.....Just saying, Bear seems to be able to find the holes better than most!

Congrats to the Kees, always a tuff game. I think this might be a very good year for you all. Sure am gonna miss The Indians Wars.

Edited by SmashMouth

I have been on here for about 6 years and I have never seen anyone from Oneida brag. Keep your luck timmytiger, your gonna need it next year!

That is what you'all been saying every year, 'WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR' I went to the website you uns have it was pretty but I seen you have a bunch of seniors this year and some big ones, I aoint seen you play, are tehy not anyy good, Just saying it is got pretty quiet up theire no more tooting your horns, WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!! you might ought to just get ya a teeshirt with your rally cry on it.You think you can beat Coalfield and Sunbrigt this year or will it be next? The Henrys will be gunnin for you and you just cant stop ENGLAND. Good luck (i dont like coalfield either)

That is what you'all been saying every year, 'WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR' I went to the website you uns have it was pretty but I seen you have a bunch of seniors this year and some big ones, I aoint seen you play, are tehy not anyy good, Just saying it is got pretty quiet up theire no more tooting your horns, WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!! you might ought to just get ya a teeshirt with your rally cry on it.You think you can beat Coalfield and Sunbrigt this year or will it be next? The Henrys will be gunnin for you and you just cant stop ENGLAND. Good luck (i dont like coalfield either)

One thing about it there timmytiger, you haven't had to hear us say "wait 'till next year" in a while when it comes to beating sunbright now have you? I tend to agree with smashmouth, keep your luck, RBS doesn't come to town every week. The next few weeks will tell your tale.

BTW Oneida has a whopping 8 seniors on the roster of 46 players. I'm not sure about kitten city but most schools would not consider that to be a "senior laden" team (that means a lot of seniors).

Edited by crow

Scheduleing is going to be tough,the way the playoffs are going to be done this season is penalizing small schools for playing up. I think the 1a coaches from here to the Knoxville area have gotten together and desided to play each other.I'm sure the playoff format will change after this season, but you are going to see quite a few schools crying foul come playoff time. Its a mess. You could win you're region and be seeded lower than a team in you're own region. Sounds crazy, but from what I understand,its true.

Scheduleing is going to be tough,the way the playoffs are going to be done this season is penalizing small schools for playing up. I think the 1a coaches from here to the Knoxville area have gotten together and desided to play each other.I'm sure the playoff format will change after this season, but you are going to see quite a few schools crying foul come playoff time. Its a mess. You could win you're region and be seeded lower than a team in you're own region. Sounds crazy, but from what I understand,its true.

Your right, a lot of teams are starting to really water down their out of district schedules. I don't look for all teams to do it though. If you don't wanna play a quality opponent then there is probably a reason for that.