Oneida @ Greenback

crow

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go.

If Greenback can't tackle and stop the run it's gonna be another long one. I think everyone is learning that the QB likes to roll out and the counter is about all we got. I would like to see us open the O up and let them get the ball down the field. I think the Seymour kid needs the ball out in space. He takes to many hits. Tell the wideouts to run full speed every play and they cant break off routes. Open up the playbook and start tackling and causing turnovers. That's what got you to 3-0.

My gut feeling is you have two teams going in opposite directions, and it is hard to get out of that rut. Oneida has began to build back into the meat of their conference schedule....they have to keep momentum on their side going in... Greenback has fallen off a little, but must have been doing something right early. Both of these teams have a lot of pride...usually makes for a great game! I think the Indians will prevail by a couple of TD's if the form from the past games is any indication of what to expect. Plus we sound like we are healthy, for the most part. Hope it stays that way after the 'Kees Game, too.

:thumb: Kazanity :thumb:

Matback, I'll agree with you somewhat, but it also about which Oneida Team shows up, too! The team is quite possibly the best 1-3 AA football team in the State right now. Sure that is heady praise coming from a hometown fan, but listen to this: Oneida has been their own worse enemy thus far! If they can get out of their own way....they could quite concievably be 3-1 today. I'm not suggesting Greenback isn't a fine team in their own right (they almost ALWAYS are), i'm just saying the Reservation has certain "expectations" of their Football Teams as well. When you have seven fumbles in one game....well, the arrow gets to be hard to pull out of your foot! If this team doesn't expect to win Friday Night, then something is wrong with the focus! :unsure:

Kazamoto

I think Kaz is right. Looking at the class who graduate last year (6 boys playing college ball, 1 for the Vols), I was thinking this years group is gonna be young. What is young? It's not like they forgot everything they learned in Middle School! Adam is gonna be Young his whole life...and so will his little brother!

I was thinking young physically, not metally. I saw this team in the scrimmages and my expectations went way up. Very talented group but they just have to find their team identify. Just because a player is a Jr or Sr doesnt mean they will be a leader. Some of the Jrs and Srs who have never lead before have to step up and take charge.

It's not like all the fumbles are forced errors, most are just mental stuff we hope is gone for good. I know I've seen just about every middle school game for the past seven years and I dont know if I can count 7 fumbles that entire time! I hope the Indians go out and have fun and play football. They will be mighty tuff to stop.