Powell vs. Karns

vols11

Congrats to the Karns beavers for winning there second game but now they got to face powell. Do the beavers have a chance at all? If they want to have a chance they have got to slow down the game and stop the running attack. The beavers have improved but not sure they can pull the upset. It will be homecoming and the excitement will be there can this help the beavers pull the upset? Last yr Karns put a beatdown on the beavers and I bet the panthers are looking for revenge. Any score predections?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Karns beavers for winning there second game but now they got to face powell. Do the beavers have a chance at all? If they want to have a chance they have got to slow down the game and stop the running attack. The beavers have improved but not sure they can pull the upset. It will be homecoming and the excitement will be there can this help the beavers pull the upset? Last yr Karns put a beatdown on the beavers and I bet the panthers are looking for revenge. Any score predections?

I'm honestly very happy for Karns that they have won a couple of games, Lord knows that you guys need something good to happen occassionally. IF the day ever comes that the Beavers are a powerhouse I will honestly stand and clapp for you, may even attend a game.

But right now you are looking down the barrell of a gun. I say approach it like the Alamo. Play hard, rally around each other, be noble, ... but in the end you will find that you are completely surrounded and the end is inevitable. Try to find some "games within a game" goals, like keeping the score within ?? points, to give you something to work towards. Not withstanding a COMPLETE melt down from Powell along with all the other demons such as turnovers and penalties, this game is just not going to be very pretty. Of course that is just my humble opinion. Keep working hard :thumb:

Glad to see the Beavers win back-to-back games, no matter who they were against.

I don't expect Karns to beat Powell, but it will be interesting to see how the Panthers respond after last week's emotional win over Anderson County. Fortunately, there will be PLENTY of motivation for the Panthers, after the way Karns torched them last season.

I'm honestly very happy for Karns that they have won a couple of games, Lord knows that you guys need something good to happen occassionally. IF the day ever comes that the Beavers are a powerhouse I will honestly stand and clapp for you, may even attend a game.

But right now you are looking down the barrell of a gun. I say approach it like the Alamo. Play hard, rally around each other, be noble, ... but in the end you will find that you are completely surrounded and the end is inevitable. Try to find some "games within a game" goals, like keeping the score within ?? points, to give you something to work towards. Not withstanding a COMPLETE melt down from Powell along with all the other demons such as turnovers and penalties, this game is just not going to be very pretty. Of course that is just my humble opinion. Keep working hard :thumb:

Over? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? :popcorneater:

Gee, is it your arrogance or patrionizing attitude that struck a cord with me. How dare you talk down to a post from a Karns fan, on what merit do you base your opinion. Yes Powell will most likely win this game, but to sit on high and tell this person to look for the "game within a game," and they will be "looking down the barrel of a gun" reeks of a classless individual. When you can reach the same level as Alcoa, Maryville or Fulton that have won mutiple state titles, then you can lecture another fan with class, until then take your wins with grace, your losses with class and always remember your never guaranteed that state title.

There have been many teams that thought they were guaranteed a win simply because of their skill, we were one, earlier in the year when we underestimated Powell. Don't underestimate another team, or you could be looking at the scoreboard at the end of the game, like we did, and think "what just happened."

Gee, is it your arrogance or patrionizing attitude that struck a cord with me. How dare you talk down to a post from a Karns fan, on what merit do you base your opinion. Yes Powell will most likely win this game, but to sit on high and tell this person to look for the "game within a game," and they will be "looking down the barrel of a gun" reeks of a classless individual. When you can reach the same level as Alcoa, Maryville or Fulton that have won mutiple state titles, then you can lecture another fan with class, until then take your wins with grace, your losses with class and always remember your never guaranteed that state title.

There have been many teams that thought they were guaranteed a win simply because of their skill, we were one, earlier in the year when we underestimated Powell. Don't underestimate another team, or you could be looking at the scoreboard at the end of the game, like we did, and think "what just happened."

Wow, shocking to hear something like that coming from a Fulton fan.

I think FootballDad offers a good opinion on these boards, so I don't really see what the big deal is. Spend some time reading the Karns threads and you will see where he's coming from. There is a TON of negativity and discontent from former players and fans on many of their threads. Karns does need something good to happen, and I am happy that they've won their last two games. They need something positive to build on, and this is a great start.

Maybe I should get out a shovel and dig a little deeper into that post, eh? No one is underestimating the Beavers. They thumped Powell last year, so I think Powell will be plenty motivated in this game. We are five games into this season. The Panthers are a LONG way away from Cookeville, let alone the playoffs all-together. Just ask last year's Clinton team - it's easy to get caught up in the hoopla, so you have to take it one game at a time. Heck, Powell hasn't made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs since 1994, so pardon us for a little bit of excitement.

th_1sm075timeout.gif

Well, Mr.Falcon, sorry to hit the wrong chord with you or any other posters for that matter. I agree that you should never underestimate or talk down to an opponent. I'm merely stating my honest opinion on a message board. I would sing a completely different song if I were coaching the Beavers and preparing them to play Powell, but I'm not. I was simply saying that Karns is over matched against Powell, you don't have to agree with that assessment. And I was trying to find ways of encouraging the fans to "keep on keeping on". It appears to me that your response to me is a bit more venomous than anything I posted. But hey, I'm not without fault and I can take criticism, so I apologize if you think that my post came from an arrogant, patronizing position.

Wow, shocking to hear something like that coming from a Fulton fan.

I think FootballDad offers a good opinion on these boards, so I don't really see what the big deal is. Spend some time reading the Karns threads and you will see where he's coming from. There is a TON of negativity and discontent from former players and fans on many of their threads.

WWWS? (What would Woody say?) :D Correct interpretation Mr.Buckeye. I certainly meant no harm and was surprised at our Fulton friends reaction. I pull for Powell but I don't pretend to speak for anyone from Powell but myself. As my avitar suggests I support another school as well. Good luck to the Panthers the rest of the way :thumb:

Edited by FootballDad