Should Greene Devils play up?

krosseyedkricket

Have you missed the past 3 years???

Devils went to Quarter finals in 07 lost to Sullivan South

Devils went to Semis in 08 and lost to Maryville

Devils went to 4a Championship game and lost to Giles 21-14

Right now they are 5-0 and will be 10-0 in 5 weeks.

Devils always have good players and are a Blue Collar Team.

The 2nd string last year is mostly this years starters. They played as much as the starters lastyear. So saying Greeneville is a one year deal is by far a rediculous statement.

They are by far FOR REAL!!!

Btw Who do you cheer for??? What school???

OR are you just another Greeneville Hater???

Always?! ok...and you are way off, I am by no means a Greeneville "hater". I cheer for them every game but 1 out of the year. I have too many ties to the program. I respect the Sh%@ out of the coaching staff. They do a fantastic job. They should have given Ballard the job before the last one. BTW..Alcoa or Maryville would be a great opportunity for the Devils. Nothing to lose. How many state titles have the Greene Devils won as opposed to those 2 programs?

I'd say the F5 has room on the schedule for your Bobcsts too

Y'all are a hard group to figure. You don't want 3a because of Alcoa, your not happy in 4a, last year you fell to Giles, you don't want any of 5a because of Maryville. 6a is probably too big of a leap...... Have you considered 2a or better yet just play to win the division your in and let the rest take care of itself.

In case you forgot, Maryville spanked us raw regularly in the playoffs. I see no reason to go looking for that much of a challenge. Ballard has managed to have his boys ready to play in the post-season so far with his current schedule. If Alcoa hasn't gone out of state to find competitive football I see no reason why Greeneville should after 1 trip to Cookeville. Geez you guys make it sound like Greeneville has dominated it's lowly 4a classification for decades instead of just 1 season. Let's wait for the dynasty to develop before challenging it

Edited by barb

Y'all are a hard group to figure. You don't want 3a because of Alcoa, your not happy in 4a, last year you fell to Giles, you don't want any of 5a because of Maryville. 6a is probably too big of a leap...... Have you considered 2a or better yet just play to win the division your in and let the rest take care of itself.

Uhhh I haven't seen any Devil fans complaining about being in 4a.....

Fact: I'm in my early 40's.

Fact: I won't live long enough to see this subject go away.

Fact: If Greeneville could play up to 6A, There would be people trying to form 7 classes just to say Geeneville is playing down.

Fact: There are a lot of people on here who can't sleep because Greeneville is successful.

Fact: I'm going back to bed.

• Upvote 1

What is it about people trying to get winners to "move up" for years Maryville dominated at 4a and alcoa at 2a which is where the tssaa classified them. They both move up and Alcoa still dominates and about 99.999% of the rest would have loved to finish where MHS did last year. Now we have a thread started about a Greenville team that has yet to "dominate" any classification and because they are winning this year some HATER wants them to move up. To the devil fans I hope you win by 50 for the next 10 ball games and maybe someday the people on the outside looking in will realize how hard the kids have to work to achieve this!!! Good luck to you and keep it going up there!!

• Upvote 1

What is it about people trying to get winners to "move up" for years Maryville dominated at 4a and alcoa at 2a which is where the tssaa classified them. They both move up and Alcoa still dominates and about 99.999% of the rest would have loved to finish where MHS did last year. Now we have a thread started about a Greenville team that has yet to "dominate" any classification and because they are winning this year some HATER wants them to move up. To the devil fans I hope you win by 50 for the next 10 ball games and maybe someday the people on the outside looking in will realize how hard the kids have to work to achieve this!!! Good luck to you and keep it going up there!!

Great post...... HATERS will always find something to HATE on..... I am not even going to comment or even try to explain anything to these HATERS that want G-ville to move up.... The one thing I will say and this is for you BARB.... GREENE DEVILS will beat the FIRE SNOT out of the BRAC this year.... So let the ______ kicking commence.....

Great post...... HATERS will always find something to HATE on..... I am not even going to comment or even try to explain anything to these HATERS that want G-ville to move up.... The one thing I will say and this is for you BARB.... GREENE DEVILS will beat the FIRE SNOT out of the BRAC this year.... So let the ______ kicking commence.....

FIRE SNOT!!!!!!!!!!! :flower: