BIG 8 - Week 6

The Hill

I learned a long time ago (well… maybe it was 6 years ago) that while it may not be a desirable ending… there is no shame in getting spanked by a STATE Champion. Especially when there is no doubt that ANYBODY else in this conversation would meet the same result. Don’t worry… Stubbs aint gonna let your boys off the hook that easy. And I’ll be their bright and early… front and center. Or as center as you can get when the stands don’t go any further than the 35 yard line. I’m hoping we bring a BIG needle this year because the bubbles are even bigger this year then last in K-town.

They havnt WON nothing yet MO-RON,You dont play them nomore this yr so STOP kissing there BUTTS.G-VILLE is a good team, good for them.Ill say this ,yall had one last yr and what do yall have to show for it.NOTHING.Good luck to them.But just because all these NETENN SCRUBS cant beat them dont think D-B cant HOMES.Everybody wonders who would win?But we know who will if it was TH/G-VILLE :roflol: And Coach SCRUBS is why im 98% sure yall want beat D-B.Every DOG has his day,YALLS is LONG GONE. :thumb:

I watched Greenville play Elizabethton. I watched Greenville play Tennessee High. I watched Tennessee High play Science Hill. I watched Dobbyns/Bennett play Knox/Farragut. Disregarding final scores, but paying attention to what transpired on the fields. Greenville doesn't stay within ten points of D/B.

I believe the game is known as The Musket Bowl . The national media must be intrigued by the names of the schools. Probably laughing at us East Tn. hillbillies. Glad you are enjoying our Friday Night LIghts atmosphere. Hope it is sincere.

I've heard laughs to people saying "That is so cool." about our little old Musket Bowl. It is indeed one of the most unique rivalries where something is played for that is kept at the school. I think the South DB rivalry is basically bragging rights in Kingsport and Eastman. The Hawkins County Super Bowl is a fun rivalry to watch as well I must say.

• Upvote 1

I watched Greenville play Elizabethton. I watched Greenville play Tennessee High. I watched Tennessee High play Science Hill. I watched Dobbyns/Bennett play Knox/Farragut. Disregarding final scores, but paying attention to what transpired on the fields. Greenville doesn't stay within ten points of D/B.

:roflol:

It would be a great game to see. On paper, Indians should win and they did "beat" Greeneville in a scrimmage. On the field I would pay good money to see it.

TriCitiesSports stated that Greeneville's QB Carmichael didn't play in the scrimmage....any truth to that? Of course they also referred to Morristown West as the Hurricanes so maybe they were talking about another scrimmage altogether.

I learned a long time ago (well… maybe it was 6 years ago) that while it may not be a desirable ending… there is no shame in getting spanked by a STATE Champion. Especially when there is no doubt that ANYBODY else in this conversation would meet the same result. Don’t worry… Stubbs aint gonna let your boys off the hook that easy. And I’ll be their bright and early… front and center. Or as center as you can get when the stands don’t go any further than the 35 yard line. I’m hoping we bring a BIG needle this year because the bubbles are even bigger this year then last in K-town.

Actually they just finished putting in sme more new bleachers at J Fred Johnson, Now they are alll the way to the other 25 yard line. On some new lifter system allowing them to be placed on the turf.

:roflol:

It would be a great game to see. On paper, Indians should win and they did "beat" Greeneville in a scrimmage. On the field I would pay good money to see it.

TriCitiesSports stated that Greeneville's QB Carmichael didn't play in the scrimmage....any truth to that? Of course they also referred to Morristown West as the Hurricanes so maybe they were talking about another scrimmage altogether.

I'm pretty sure he played and had a nice pass to a wide open running back {I think it was}going down the sidelines.Cannon played hurt for DB and rested after it was 3-1.Greeneville mostly pounded the ball from that point and it ended up 3-3 for the first team players.DB's bench got the best of the rest,so I called it fairly even.Carmichael is a big difference from when I saw them play South and he had some problems holding on to the ball.Check that,huge difference.

I'm pretty sure he played and had a nice pass to a wide open running back {I think it was}going down the sidelines.Cannon played hurt for DB and rested after it was 3-1.Greeneville mostly pounded the ball from that point and it ended up 3-3 for the first team players.DB's bench got the best of the rest,so I called it fairly even.Carmichael is a big difference from when I saw them play South and he had some problems holding on to the ball.Check that,huge difference.

Yes he played but the two that didn't play were the right defensive tackle(Rollins) and the right defensive end(Rambo)for GHS and they would have faced DB's left offensive line who are pretty tough. Both teams got after each other but there is very little game prep for scrimmages and different coaches have different goals they want to get out of a scrimmage....so I don't think the scrimmage can be used to make a game prediction but it does indicate that it would be a great game and it would have to be held somewhere that can accommodate about 12000-15000 fans