Macon @ Greenbrier

geo1126

sorry eda, the tigers beat themselves with 5 turnovers. The refs didnt help neither. I guess they were from main st. in greenbrier. I would give the bobcats credit if they earned it but if they played 10 times they would lose atleast 9. I wasnt there but after the 2nd play where they got a int the announcer said that clearly the receiver was hit before the ball was thrown. I knew then the game was done decided, but Macon beat themselves it sounded.

I don't suppose that announcer your talking about was from Macon County. The Ball was picked off 10 feet in front of the reciever. I guess you had to be there :roflolk:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts EXACTLY!

Also, I remember playin' golf with ole Doc Froedge at the Macon Co. CC ( :roflolk: ), if you could call it that - as a 'member,' it only cost him a quarter to play 9 - years ago, when he was a broker for JC Bradford (it was good economic times; he always said he'd go back to doctorin' when times got too bad). I'll bet he'd be real proud of his kinfolk, too.

Where y'at, ogor?

And come on, bulldog, join in. Although I just can't bring myself to say, 'Go Page' (it has something to do with some of your volleyball posters), I consider you a charter member of the Roger Herndon CoachT Memorial Club, so... (by the way, I had the privilege of talkin' to his father at tonight's game; he was there all by himself; I kinda felt sorry for him, but he was in a 'I-still-support-the-Bobcats mood,' bless his heart).

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, MC and TC ain't gonna give any in that part of Tennessee! :P

bullsh**... im from MC and will give respect when it's needed. good game to the cats, they capitalized on the turnovers. however, i think everybody on here knows that without those turnovers the game could have turned out very different.

Give me specifics on what calls you thought were bad, Wishbone. I was talking to person who came to the game with no connection to either team, but along for the ride with a friend. A discussion came up and he said that he thought it was a "pretty fairly called game". As I said, the Cats got an unneccessary roughness call, MC had a pass interference by shoving a Bobcat out of bounds so he couldn't recieve a pass. Did you forget that MC only got 5 yards for the facemask? I would think a ref that needs to do community service could have played it up for much more, don't you think? It's neither here nor there, but I vividly remember being at MC a two or three years ago and FIVE hankies were thrown on a personal foul on MC almost at the same time....funny that ALL five got picked up with no penalty...never seen anything like it. So, the worst calls don't only happen against MC, believe me. However, we have to remember that those guys are human too.

Thanks for the compliments Wishbone toward our stadium. Since you've never been here, would you believe that all the people on the Greenbrier stands used to sit on the side where Macon sat? Well, most had to stand, so we took down little wooden bleachers on the side we sit on now, (former visitor section) and the Greenbrier Athletic Club put blood, sweat and probably tears into the larger stands we have now. We're very proud of our football atmosphere, and you are right about our PA announcer...there is none better than Butch. Hopefully you guys will come around again in a couple of years...hoping for the same outcome, but we will see. :) I agree that your Tigers did play one heck of a game. It would have been nice to see them get three in a row at another place in the schedule. Good luck for the remainder of the games.

I'm with you cat. Those refs did ok. I was not too happy about #45 for Greenbrier getting tackled and held on the pass rush over and over again, but overall it was well refereed game.

sorry eda, the tigers beat themselves with 5 turnovers. The refs didnt help neither. I guess they were from main st. in greenbrier. I would give the bobcats credit if they earned it but if they played 10 times they would lose atleast 9. I wasnt there but after the 2nd play where they got a int the announcer said that clearly the receiver was hit before the ball was thrown. I knew then the game was done decided, but Macon beat themselves it sounded.

You WEREN'T THERE? Then whatever your "commentary" is has NO credibility. :roflol:

bullsh**... im from MC and will give respect when it's needed. good game to the cats, they capitalized on the turnovers. however, i think everybody on here knows that without those turnovers the game could have turned out very different.

Wasn't one of those turnovers with about 20 seconds to go?

Of course the game could have turned out differently.

Seriously, WHO has TC ever played? Tell us, oh knowledgeable ones? You guys dominate(d) because you ain't ever played nobody! And what else do y'all do up there in that itty bitty county 'cept spit, cuss, put aloe on your necks, grow 'baccy, ride 4-wheelers, jack-up trucks and practice football? Why don't y'all get frat-boy 'Scoot' to call up his buds over at MBA and set up a REAL game? Skeered? or would y'all be a l'il bit un-com-furtable hangin' wich da rich folk?

I'll holla back after the game...and you better HOPE we don't win...oh, lawwwd!!!

:roflol:

1968: 46-6 TC

1969: 35-0 TC

1974: 44-14 TC

1975: 51-0 TC

1979: 28-0 TC

1980: 32-0 TC

1985: 14-20 GB

1986: 36-19 TC

1987: 16-13 TC

1988: 42-0 TC

1993: 7-0 TC

1994: 23-15 TC

I guess 1 out 12 not too bad.. seems like GB had enough of thos barnyard ==== whoopens :roflol:

1985: 14-20

I guess 1 out 12 not too bad.. seems like GB had enough of thos barnyard ==== whoopens :roflol:

I don't know 'cause 'I wasn't there,' but I'll bet y'all only won because of...TURNOVERS! :P

Seriously, WHO has TC ever played? Tell us, oh knowledgeable ones? You guys dominate(d) because you ain't ever played nobody! And what else do y'all do up there in that itty bitty county 'cept spit, cuss, put aloe on your necks, grow 'baccy, ride 4-wheelers, jack-up trucks and practice football? Why don't y'all get frat-boy 'Scoot' to call up his buds over at MBA and set up a REAL game? Skeered? or would y'all be a l'il bit un-com-furtable hangin' wich da rich folk?

I'll holla back after the game...and you better HOPE we don't win...oh, lawwwd!!!

:roflol:

1985: 14-20 GB

Very impressive,the Bobcat fans need to shut up,Tc owns the like a rented mule.

ok so one turnover occured where they didnt have enough time to do anything about it. but i did say ALL the turnovers in my original post.

What about the turnover with one minute to go in the half, that we should have done something with but didn't? Now we are upt to two. Not putting down the Tigers down here, they played well. I am not big on excuses, and can understand your analysis, but those avid posters that "were not at the game" could get confused by your post. I really missed your band last night and look forward to coming to the Tiger's den next year.