Macon @ Greenbrier

geo1126

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that white house turned the ball over like 3 times at the beginning and GB got like 14 points off of that. So how can that win justify anything. Macon will beat Greenbrier and White house this year, and pretty easy. They have talent and NOW they know they can win. Feel bad for the Bobcats..... :hungry:

I heard that Anna Nicole married for Love :roflol:

I could have swore that those turnovers were because our defense caused them. Here is the video showing a couple of the turnovers. One was in the first quarter, the other two were in the second half. Maybe it is my green shaded glasses, but I am pretty sure White House did not just hand the ball to our defense.

Edited by ogor

Obviously you have some gripe with Greenbrier, you're not from Macon County, yet you sure put up a fight for them. So what if you think we're overrated? So what if you think Macon is going to beat us? So what if you SAY you have "inside information from Greenbrier"? Do you really think that scares us? You can spout off the bashing, but can't take it when Ogor brings up YOUR schedule. That "sqeaking by" you talk about is the same thing Macon has done the last two times they've won against us. 2 points and 3 points. You think they didn't take the W because they "squeaked by"? Ask them. Even ask Goodpasture and David Lipscomb...1 point win. Last time I looked, its still a win, even for rated teams. ;)

This banter could go on until Friday but to keep this "PC" I'm done with this chat...all I got left to say is Go Bobcats!

Look...I have no gripe with Greenbrier. We had some great games with them in the early '90's. Now, if they are playing Macon Co., I'm going to be pulling for Macon. If you are playing GP, who do you thik I will be for then?...not GP. I don't get offended when someone brings up our schedule. There's nothing we can do about being in an 8 team district. Do you really think we want to play those theams? I'm sorry if my overrated comment struck a nerve. You are 5-1 and nobody can take that from you. I was just under the belief that you had won a few of those games in the last minutes. Maybe I'm wrong, but since no one has corrected me, I guess I'm not too far off. A win is a win. If you win Friday, I'll get on here and tell you congrats. Do I think Macon can win...yes, but like I said in my original post, I wouldn't be willing to bet on it.

The first 2 points I quoted were classic. I know that a TC fan ain't on here knocking on Greenbrier about who they have played and beaten. As you stated Smith County did beat Cheatham by 20 in the first game of the year. Smith County also beat Gordonsville by 20. That is the same Gordonsville team that TC barely squeaked by just a few weeks later. Greenbrier's opponents would beat TC's opponents by 1,000 if they played one another. The last point I quoted was by the worst poster in the history of CoachT. Greenbrier plays David Lipscomb & Goodpasture. Those are the SAME EXACT 2 TEAMS that TC did not have the "stones to play" when they had the chance. Keep on beating the Helen Keller School of the Blind/Deaf and when you want to play some real football let us know.

I agree about Greenbrier's opponents and our opponents.

So who do you back...GP, DL, or Cheatam? Looks to me like only two of these teams play real gootball. We'll play anybody...anytime. You love to throw out that we skipped 2A, claiming we dodged those two, even when people outside of TC give you the reasons why we went to 3A. I'll say it again...we will be looking for a game next year. Tell Coach McAdams or Coach Martin to give us a call. Cheatam Co. ain't worth our time. We can get that type of competition in our own district.

(Howdy...if you read this, I mean no disrespect to you or the Cubs. I always enjoy your insight and knowledge of the game. I don't read many Cheatam Co. threads, other than when you play SC or G'vlle. You are a class act in my book. I'm just simply responding to Scaldy)

Look...I have no gripe with Greenbrier. We had some great games with them in the early '90's. Now, if they are playing Macon Co., I'm going to be pulling for Macon. If you are playing GP, who do you thik I will be for then?...not GP. I don't get offended when someone brings up our schedule. There's nothing we can do about being in an 8 team district. Do you really think we want to play those theams? I'm sorry if my overrated comment struck a nerve. You are 5-1 and nobody can take that from you. I was just under the belief that you had won a few of those games in the last minutes. Maybe I'm wrong, but since no one has corrected me, I guess I'm not too far off. A win is a win. If you win Friday, I'll get on here and tell you congrats. Do I think Macon can win...yes, but like I said in my original post, I wouldn't be willing to bet on it.

Overrated, underated - no one cares. Calling us the worst 5-1 team in the state and downplaying our opponents = rediculous. I have time, so I will respond to your last minute win answers that you so desperately seek.

1. Creekwood - one of the hardest hitting teams I have seen in a long time. For sure the best kicker I have seen(he made 3 clutch field goals). This was a hard fought battle, and Creekwood was able to stay in the game. This kid kicked some huge field goals including a 47 yarder to tie the game. Luckily we blocked a 50+ yard attempt.

2. White House - another tough team and great rivalry. White House was undefeated, and I am pretty sure they were not expecting to see the talent Greenbrier had this year. Despite the absence of our senior tailback, Thaxton, We put up close to 350 yards on offense and caused three turnovers on defense. After leading most of the game, White House took a one point lead with six minutes to go. A huge win for the Bobcats.

3. Cheatham County - with our number one(Thaxton) and number two(Shelton) tailbacks sitting this one out, our offense put up another 350 yards. It was Chethams homecoming, and we had just come off the big win with White House, and everyone knew it was going to be a battle. Chetham pulled out all the stops with flea flickers galore and was able to set up for a game winning field goal. We blocked it.

Lucky -nope. Could we be 1-5 right now - Nope. Worst 5-1 team in the State - NOPE.

Hope I answered all your questions.

Greenbrier and Macon County games are always hard fought games, and I would expect this to be another close one.

Thaxton and Shelton back this week will certainly add to our offense.

Edited by ogor

Overrated, underated - no one cares. Calling us the worst 5-1 team in the state and downplaying our opponents = rediculous. I have time, so I will respond to your last minute win answers that you so desperately seek.

1. Creekwood - one of the hardest hitting teams I have seen in a long time. For sure the best kicker I have seen(he made 3 clutch field goals). This was a hard fought battle, and Creekwood was able to stay in the game. This kid kicked some huge field goals including a 47 yarder to tie the game. Luckily we blocked a 50+ yard attempt.

2. White House - another tough team and great rivalry. White House was undefeated, and I am pretty sure they were not expecting to see the talent Greenbrier had this year. Despite the absence of our senior tailback, Thaxton, We put up close to 350 yards on offense and caused three turnovers on defense. After leading most of the game, White House took a one point lead with six minutes to go. A huge win for the Bobcats.

3. Cheatham County - with our number one(Thaxton) and number two(Shelton) tailbacks sitting this one out, our offense put up another 350 yards. It was Chethams homecoming, and we had just come off the big win with White House, and everyone knew it was going to be a battle. Chetham pulled out all the stops with flea flickers galore and was able to set up for a game winning field goal. We blocked it.

Lucky -nope. Could we be 1-5 right now - Nope. Worst 5-1 team in the State - NOPE.

Greenbrier and Macon County games are always hard fought games, and I would expect this to be another close one.

Thanks Ogor. :thumb: That's all I was looking for. I had heard that you all have had some real nailbiters, and now I know the reasons why. I really hope no one in Greenbrier cares what I think, and why would you? If that was the case then you don't have your heads in the right place.

Macon Co. is one of the many teams I follow on this site. I pull for them in every game but one. They have been a struggling program over the past few years, and the fanbase is hungry for the tides to turn. In the past, I feel that they were beat before the first whistle even blew. Obviously, they are coming off back to back wins and have built a little confidence (a little too overconfident for some). All I was trying to do is point out that they can win this game, which was in my original post...trying to keep building on that confidence. Sorry it was at the Bobcats expense. Would I be surprised if they did win....nope. Would I be surprised if you all beat them by 30....nope. Remember in my original post, I said they were makings strides, but they are not competely there. So...good luck to both teams tomorrow night. How's that? ^_^

Thanks Ogor. :thumb: That's all I was looking for. I had heard that you all have had some real nailbiters, and now I know the reasons why. I really hope no one in Greenbrier cares what I think, and why would you? If that was the case then you don't have your heads in the right place.

Macon Co. is one of the many teams I follow on this site. I pull for them in every game but one. They have been a struggling program over the past few years, and the fanbase is hungry for the tides to turn. In the past, I feel that they were beat before the first whistle even blew. Obviously, they are coming off back to back wins and have built a little confidence (a little too overconfident for some). All I was trying to do is point out that they can win this game, which was in my original post...trying to keep building on that confidence. Sorry it was at the Bobcats expense. Would I be surprised if they did win....nope. Would I be surprised if you all beat them by 30....nope. Remember in my original post, I said they were makings strides, but they are not competely there. So...good luck to both teams tomorrow night. How's that? ^_^

I knew you had it in you. :roflolk:

Looking forward to tommorow night.

The first 2 points I quoted were classic. I know that a TC fan ain't on here knocking on Greenbrier about who they have played and beaten. As you stated Smith County did beat Cheatham by 20 in the first game of the year. Smith County also beat Gordonsville by 20. That is the same Gordonsville team that TC barely squeaked by just a few weeks later. Greenbrier's opponents would beat TC's opponents by 1,000 if they played one another. The last point I quoted was by the worst poster in the history of CoachT. Greenbrier plays David Lipscomb & Goodpasture. Those are the SAME EXACT 2 TEAMS that TC did not have the "stones to play" when they had the chance. Keep on beating the Helen Keller School of the Blind/Deaf and when you want to play some real football let us know.

I just put the Trousdale vs. Grennbrier game into the CB10 Database. It came out like this. . .

Trousdale-485

Greenbrier-2

Did.not.read

Boys, boys, come on now. Trousdale County is not "that" good. Fortunately, there's few gauges in terms of competition for the Yellow Jackets. They gave up a bundle to Gordonsville and won. Smith County rolled over Gordonsville. However, that is all irrelevant. You can't compare scores and get an accurate indication of how two teams are going to stack up against each other. Greenbrier is not "that" good either. However, they have managed to win close games, just as Trousdale County has. That is the sign of a good football team. With that being said, are both teams better than average? Without a doubt, they are. But unless it improves a ton throughout the course of the season, this Trousdale team is not a state championship level team. Greenbrier has put itself in a position to possibly finish second in that district with the win over White House. Goodpasture should win that district. There has not been one year, maybe with the exception of 1998, that Trousdale County would have won a state championship in a higher classification. Could Trousdale County compete well in a higher classification many years? Sure they could. But it's a different scenario when you're not having every other week as a breather because you're playing some weak sister in your district schedule. Trousdale County can't do anything about that. However, don't get it confused. It's a different ballgame in 3A than it is in 2A. Trousdale County is not touching the Goodpastures and Alcoas of the world. Greenbrier's early-season results did look a bit sketchy, but the win over White House validated the Bobcats as being a playoff level team. Results are the proof. Trousdale County will make a deep run in the playoffs again in 2A. There's just not much competition out there for the Jackets, unless Gordonsville rises up and pulls off an upset. Greenbrier will win one playoff game if it has a good draw. There's just not enough firepower there for the Bobcats to go too far in Class 3A. That's the difference in the two classes. If Greenbrier was in 2A, it would be winning at least two playoff games also. There's just more depth and better athletes in the higher classifications as a general rule. Of course, that's not to say that Trousdale County doesn't have its fair share of skill. But that "fair share of skill" has played a big part in Trousdale County winning all of those golden football - as has an unreal work ethic and elite high school coaching. Good luck to both teams and both programs. They both work extremely hard. Therefore, whatever success they enjoy is deserved.