Gerry Bertier's Unofficial Official 3A Rankings

Gerry Bertier

1. Alcoa (6-0)- Beats an undefeated Howard team at home. Continues to roll, the only game they will have this season will be from CAK in the regular season and postseason.

2. CAK (6-0)- Another week another win, for the 2nd best team in 3A. Main concern is focus the next 3 games and not looking ahead to the big Week 10 showdown with Alcoa.

3. Camden (6-0)- As long as Camden stays focused they will finish the season 10-0 and be the # 1 seed in the West Quadrant.

4. Milan (5-1)- Bulldogs picked up a big win and the young Dawgs are starting to gel together.

5. Loudon (3-2)- The last two years they have 5 losses all to CAK and Alcoa. I say this team is for real.

6. Goodpasture (5-1)- Lost a tough game against rival Lipscomb on a missed XP. Have the ability to be a tough out in November.

7. Pearl Cohn (3-2)- Firebirds were off this week. Look for them to finish the season strong. Losses to MBA and BGA have made them better.

8. Smith Co. (5-1)- Loss to an average Macon Co. team is befuddling. Look for the Owls to rebound in the coming weeks.

9. Bledsoe (5-0)- Newcomer to the poll this week as they are undefeated. Some may question a weak schedule to this point.

10. Polk Co. (4-1)- There are alot of teams I can put here, but right now I think they belong until they prove me wrong.

Let's see what the CoachT faithful think this week.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Alcoa (6-0)- Beats an undefeated Howard team at home. Continues to roll, the only game they will have this season will be from CAK in the regular season and postseason.

2. CAK (6-0)- Another week another win, for the 2nd best team in 3A. Main concern is focus the next 3 games and not looking ahead to the big Week 10 showdown with Alcoa.

3. Camden (6-0)- As long as Camden stays focused they will finish the season 10-0 and be the # 1 seed in the West Quadrant.

4. Milan (5-1)- Bulldogs picked up a big win and the young Dawgs are starting to gel together.

5. Loudon (3-2)- The last two years they have 5 losses all to CAK and Alcoa. I say this team is for real.

6. Goodpasture (5-1)- Lost a tough game against rival Lipscomb on a missed XP. Have the ability to be a tough out in November.

7. Pearl Cohn (3-2)- Firebirds were off this week. Look for them to finish the season strong. Losses to MBA and BGA have made them better.

8. Smith Co. (5-1)- Loss to an average Macon Co. team is befuddling. Look for the Owls to rebound in the coming weeks.

9. Bledsoe (5-0)- Newcomer to the poll this week as they are undefeated. Some may question a weak schedule to this point.

10. Polk Co. (4-1)- There are alot of teams I can put here, but right now I think they belong until they prove me wrong.

I like my Dawgs moving up the list this week. This team is starting to look better on the offensive side of the ball each week. Run D is solid.

I am sure Alcoa will keep rolling but I would love to see that week 10 matchup between CAK and the Tornadoes.

I like my Dawgs moving up the list this week. This team is starting to look better on the offensive side of the ball each week. Run D is solid.

I am sure Alcoa will keep rolling but I would love to see that week 10 matchup between CAK and the Tornadoes.

I hear the game between CAK and ALCOA has been moved to Thursday night for all those interested. bunny7.gif

I like the poll Alcoa will continue to roll i dont think there is anyone in the state reguardless of classifacation who can stop them. The only question is Bledsoe Co. but that should be answered this week as they play Sequatchie Co. If Bledsoe wins this they should go 10-0.

Gerry I hope I don't jinx you guys but I am going to have to say that FAIRVIEW deserves to be on this list. 5-0 and scoring points AT WILL certainly makes you Top 10 worthy in my book.

Granted Fairview is 5-0 but the combined record of the five teams they have beat is 3 - 22. However, it may not get much tougher since there is only one team left on their schedule with a winning record (Giles Co at 3-2). Coach T strength of schedule has Fairview at 106 out of 106 teams in 3A & 4A.

Granted Fairview is 5-0 but the combined record of the five teams they have beat is 3 - 22. However, it may not get much tougher since there is only one team left on their schedule with a winning record (Giles Co at 3-2). Coach T strength of schedule has Fairview at 106 out of 106 teams in 3A & 4A.

You hit the nail on the head. Fairview's schedule will get much tougher with games against Spring Hill, Giles County, and Page. Then follow that up with Lewis and Hickman Co. The next 5 games will show what type of team they are.

You may want to give consideration to East Literature with only one loss. They have size and speed. Also CPA may be knocking on the door. Record of 3 - 3 but Coach T has them with the hardest strength of schedule in both 4A and 3A combined and ranked 8th amoung the 3A teams.

You may want to give consideration to East Literature with only one loss. They have size and speed. Also CPA may be knocking on the door. Record of 3 - 3 but Coach T has them with the hardest strength of schedule in both 4A and 3A combined and ranked 8th amoung the 3A teams.

Very possible that CPA will finish 5-5 (they still have to play Top 10's Lipscomb and Pearl Cohn)and not make playoffs with the hardest schedule in 3A. What's wrong with that picture? <_< Don't make playoffs because they lose to 4A schools in their district. Schools that have 1,000 students! OK - I admit it - I'm whining (but justified).

Very possible that CPA will finish 5-5 (they still have to play Top 10's Lipscomb and Pearl Cohn)and not make playoffs with the hardest schedule in 3A. What's wrong with that picture? <_< Don't make playoffs because they lose to 4A schools in their district. Schools that have 1,000 students! OK - I admit it - I'm whining (but justified).

I agree, CPA is a prime example of what is wrong with the current playoff system. It will be a shame if they are not in the playoffs come November.