CAK @ Scott Co.

FootballDad

...I'll add more later, but now its time for the player & coaches to take a couple of days of well deserved & NEEDED time off.

Congrats on the win... Scott County is a tough place to play especially late in the season as it gets downright frigid up there.

So "Dad"... are you a player or a coach? ;)

Edited by PowerSweep

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott may get a few big plays and get some points off the passing game/running qb who will make big plays. We'll see if CAK's defense can contain the big plays. Scott county's defense has the same challenge. whichever defense can contain the big plays will probably win the game :popcorneater:

Well it wasn't the shootout most thought it would be, in the first half it seemed like a defensive battle, the qb had 2 or 3 big runs but it was not by design they were broken plays because our front 4 were in their backfield all night.The Scott qb and offense was not the most conventional offense we have seen, alot of time I don't know how they got a play off without having a delay of game, it was hard getting to the qb because it was mostly snap and throw in less than 2 seconds. Like I said earlier, the d front and backers was going to have to stop what they can control, and for the most part they did, If not for the qb breaking away on broken plays the Scott running game was NOT a factor. The CAK offense and defense completly took over the second half of the ballgame scoring 28 unanswered points and shutting down and out the Scott offense. All in all a well played and hard fought win, now it's time to rest up and after the bye week get back to buisness and thank goodness we are finally coming back to our home field. Congrats on a 7-0 record and take some much needed time to rest. Go Warriors

Well it wasn't the shootout most thought it would be, in the first half it seemed like a defensive battle, the qb had 2 or 3 big runs but it was not by design they were broken plays because our front 4 were in their backfield all night.The Scott qb and offense was not the most conventional offense we have seen, alot of time I don't know how they got a play off without having a delay of game, it was hard getting to the qb because it was mostly snap and throw in less than 2 seconds. Like I said earlier, the d front and backers was going to have to stop what they can control, and for the most part they did, If not for the qb breaking away on broken plays the Scott running game was NOT a factor. The CAK offense and defense completly took over the second half of the ballgame scoring 28 unanswered points and shutting down and out the Scott offense. All in all a well played and hard fought win, now it's time to rest up and after the bye week get back to buisness and thank goodness we are finally coming back to our home field. Congrats on a 7-0 record and take some much needed time to rest. Go Warriors

It looked to me that the Scott players were a little tired after halftime.

This game was back and forth the whole 1st half and I think the CAK kids were caught off guard a little bit, especially in the LOS. CAK wasnt going to be able to just go through the motions and win this one like they had against Sequoiah, and i think it took a half of hard fought football to figure that out. #35 for Scott was a real solid reciever and that QB is probably the best QB in terms of throwing and running that CAK will see all year. He put the ball exactly where it had to be and completed passes against good coverage from the CAK db's. The adjustments from the CAK defense during halftime really shut down the Scott offense in the 2nd half. it looked like the OLB's for CAK were dropping under neath #35 and taking away the short stuff from him and the corner's were playing good coverage downfield, giving the d line a chance to take down #10 which was very difficult to do. I

I think it was good for our warriors to have to fight back after a poor 1st half and score 28 unanswered. the defense looked as fired up as I've seen em all year in that 2nd half. :hungry:

Congrats on the win... Scott County is a tough place to play especially late in the season as it gets downright frigid up there.

So "Dad"... are you a player or a coach? ;)

Now Sweep, you should know the answer to that, I'm neither anymore. I hung up my cleats many many years ago, and retired the whistle a few years back. I'm just another one of those many dads, like yourself, thats called upon to paint fields, clean bleachers, etc.... I enjoy being around the guys and helping when I can, and of course watching the team play.

Getting a win lastnight was big for our group. They were tired, a little weary, banged up a bit, and ready for a break. I was afraid that, combined with Scott having the capability to score, would spell trouble for the Warriors, and it did. But in the end CAK woke up and played good football in the 2nd half.

Dad cannot respond right now he is watching the film and getting ready to work like heck for Kingston...7_1_112.gif

After multiple reviews of the film here are my observations:

1)Scott really needs some help with their field, at times it looked like beach vollyball on the homefield side, but no advantage to either team

2)I would hate to be the person in charge of making all those signs that Scott uses to signal in plays

3)Scott takes so long between plays you can go to the restroom and never miss a single play

4)Scotts QB is as good as advertised, #35 is a go to receiver, & #33 can scoot, and their DB's do a nice job in covreage overall.

5)CAK needs to improve our goal line offense, we make it way too hard on ourselves

6)Kick coverage has been excellent the past couple of games, big hits, nice high hanging kicks have helped

7)CAK is a poised team that does not panic even when things aren't going well

8)No turnovers, by either team

9)CAK passing game continues to impress, and run game looked good when called upon, except at goal line

10)CAK scored 21pts in the 4th Qtr and driving again at the conclusion of the game

After multiple reviews of the film here are my observations:

1)Scott really needs some help with their field, at times it looked like beach vollyball on the homefield side, but no advantage to either team

Uh, reworked the crown during off season, grass grow = need more time. The field had several spots in the crown that had settled so it had drainage issues & "waves" here & there.

Did you notice on the "film" any fatigue coming into play for Scott during the second half? With only about 45 kids on the roster & pretty much all 11 starters playing both sides I figure it probably started to wear on them. Does CAK still play enough kids to have separate O & D lines for the most part? Seems like you used to pretty much have 2 seperate units all together with the exception of an occasional play maker who might play both sides.

Uh, reworked the crown during off season, grass grow = need more time. The field had several spots in the crown that had settled so it had drainage issues & "waves" here & there.

Did you notice on the "film" any fatigue coming into play for Scott during the second half? With only about 45 kids on the roster & pretty much all 11 starters playing both sides I figure it probably started to wear on them. Does CAK still play enough kids to have separate O & D lines for the most part? Seems like you used to pretty much have 2 seperate units all together with the exception of an occasional play maker who might play both sides.

The "reworked" crown still has issues other than the grass & sand, its lopsided. But, hey, that was just an observation, it didn't come into play as an advantage for either team. When funds are tight I'm sure athletic fields don't take priority (nor should they). No disrespect intended to the field crew.

Certainly fatique played a part, at least in my opinion it did. But the first TD in the 4th Qtr on the corner route was just a perfect pass & catch, the second TD of the Qtr the receiver blew by everyone and there didn't appear to be any safety help, which may or may not have been fatique related, and the final TD on the up the gut run was well blocked but I certainly believe fatique played a part in that one. Also, CAK's defense put a great deal more pressure on the QB in the second half and that could have been a result of fatique from the Highlanders OL. And I'm confident that if CAK had needed to score at the end they probably could have because by that time Scott appeared to be physically and emotionally spent. But I'm not discounting the renewed effort and adjustments that CAK made in the second half. The first half CAK looked like the tired, weary (4 road games in a row), banged up, team I knew them to be coming into the game. Thats one of the reasons I was concerned about the game. But in the second half they came out and from the first snap played more like themselves.

Yes, CAK still platoons. We have 1 OL/DL player and a couple of WR/DB players that will get some snaps on both sides of the ball, but are still given enough plays off to catch their breath. Of course we all still debate that somewhat around here due to the fact that we only have 54-56 eligible players including our freshmen. I think for the most part CAK is able to use the platoon system to their advantage, and perhaps that is what gave them the edge agaisnt Scott (although I believe CAK is the overall better team straight up). But when the Warriors face good teams like Loudon & Elizabethton or very good teams like Alcoa, not having your very best athletes on the field all the time (when the other teams do) is a disadvantage IMO.

Edited by FootballDad