Alcoa vs. Kingston

clintabbott

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good math but you can skew any number to say what you want them to say. It is amazing that this will not go away. These kids are not at Alcoa just for football if you had any idea about the blount county school system you might understand but obiously you do not. Oh and by the way all 8 are not starters.

I do understand FULLY and endorse 100% going to the best place for your kid. As I stated earlier, its about the multiplier and the application of the multiplier and having it applied equitably. My simple mind cannot wrapp around the idea of why D1 privates have a multiplier and Open Zone public schools do not. Its that simple for me. Not that Alcoa wouldn't win state championships with the multiplier, its the principle. Now, I'll continue to debate this on other threads, but this thread was and should be about Alcoa & Kingston. So I apologize to adding to the trollspeak. Good night to all my Blount Co. friends.

Now now, using such harsh words is not necessary. People post, people respond. Your the chief pot stirrer of all pot stirrers, come on now. stirthepot.gif

I am sorry, but I do think it was necessary this time. I tried to diffuse the situation before it got started and you came in with your gas can and matches.

If you will notice, I only embellish with humor the charges of the many to show how stupid their "accusations" are...(jobs, homes, cars...) The next serious post that I put on the subject of open zone on CoachT will be my first serious post. I have my opinions and they are sound and objective. If you ask me at the dinner table I will tell you about them, but there is enough wasted space on these boards and this is part of it.

There is already a thread open regarding open zone and Alcoa, you are more than welcome to opine there.

You still my boy though!

I am sorry, but I do think it was necessary this time. I tried to diffuse the situation before it got started and you came in with your gas can and matches.

If you will notice, I only embellish with humor the charges of the many to show how stupid their "accusations" are...(jobs, homes, cars...) The next serious post that I put on the subject of open zone on CoachT will be my first serious post. I have my opinions and they are sound and objective. If you ask me at the dinner table I will tell you about them, but there is enough wasted space on these boards and this is part of it.

There is already a thread open regarding open zone and Alcoa, you are more than welcome to opine there.You still my boy though!

1) I learned my arsonist ways from the #1 vandal of all time, APB flamethrower.gif

2) Can't wait for you to share your thoughts about the multiplier to me, I'm reasonable, coachable, and willing to listen, but I'm a hard sell on this one.

3) This thread should be about Alcoa vs Kingston, agreed. (I didn't bring it up on this thread, just responding to a ALCOA supporter)

Buds don't have to always agree, but we can still break bread together.th_SmileyTailgater02.gif

I bet Coach Rankin and Coach Nix could take the players just from Hall Community of Alcoa and win a state championship in 3A this yaer!!!

BC, very few people will ever understand, fewer will believe the level of talent that continues to come out of those "Hallowed" 13 streets :thumb:

Edited by alcoafan72

Heres the deal 2shot so many trolls get on here and ask what would Alcoa be without tuition players. It really gets old after awhile. This season there are 15 to 17 kids who I know are tuition. which is approximatly 16% of the roster. Now about 8 tuition kids play on Friday which is approximatly 8% of the roster. If you still think that it is that big a deal then keep posting im sure you will.

Thank You! Now that wasn't so bad, was it?

BC, very few people will ever understand, fewer will believe the level of talent that continues to come out of those "Hallowed" 13 streets :thumb:

It is easily the D1 talent capital of TN!

Footballdad,

I'll "try" and illustrate why a multiplier for OOZ would NOT be the answer your looking for.

There are 100's of OOZ schools in TN..........just about all counties that have city and county schools allow tuition students to transfer the city system. Plus, there are counties where the county team is feed by the city zoned students because the county team is better. (Loudon County, Lenior City)

TSSAA will never apply a multiplier to hundreds of open zone schools just because of one school.......that being Alcoa and their success. Success that comes from years and years of building an environment that makes kids dream of being a Tornado the first time they put the maroon jersey on in the feeder system. An environment that produces 90+ football players from a school that has approx. 250 male students walking the halls. An environment that makes the best coaches in the state want to be part of the "mix". An environment that is nurtured and supported by boosters,fans and community. An environment where the attitude from the players is to out work their competition and know how to win. And most importantly....expect to win. An environment where players work everyday in the off season on their own to continue the success. And the list goes on and on.

There are many post on the subject of open zone............ALL pointed at Alcoa. Not Oak Ridge, not ANY at the other schools. So, it becomes very easy to see real motives especially from our friends at CAK sitting in the #2 position.

The attitude of "trying" to eliminate or move your competition is a sign of weakness. A mentality that can infect the players and the whole system with the "it's not fair" disease. Alcoa does not have to play 6A Maryville, but it is VERY key to Alcoa's success. So, my advice is to continue to use Alcoa as the summit to success and quite looking at ways to move #1....uh...the mountain.