Alcoa vs. Kingston

clintabbott

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellers aftur seein APB, Bee Cee and Scotts last nite eye'm inn a quandree....ok.....inn honor ov tha Bat Poet (APB'S long lost twin) and cents tha Naders iz playin a gaim agin a Roan Cowntee teem.....Pluss two haiv sumthun sweet two talk abowt aftur all tha OOZ rehash fillin up tha tank and wif me bein a huge fan ov excellunt enturtainmunt......Eye gladly prezent....Tha Rockwood Superstar (aka tha Hogman)....sangin' Hunny Wagon.... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

It is easily the D1 talent capital of TN!

Footballdad,

I'll "try" and illustrate why a multiplier for OOZ would NOT be the answer your looking for.

There are 100's of OOZ schools in TN..........just about all counties that have city and county schools allow tuition students to transfer the city system. Plus, there are counties where the county team is feed by the city zoned students because the county team is better. (Loudon County, Lenior City)

TSSAA will never apply a multiplier to hundreds of open zone schools just because of one school.......that being Alcoa and their success. Success that comes from years and years of building an environment that makes kids dream of being a Tornado the first time they put the maroon jersey on in the feeder system. An environment that produces 90+ football players from a school that has approx. 250 male students walking the halls. An environment that makes the best coaches in the state want to be part of the "mix". An environment that is nurtured and supported by boosters,fans and community. An environment where the attitude from the players is to out work their competition and know how to win. And most importantly....expect to win. An environment where players work everyday in the off season on their own to continue the success. And the list goes on and on.

There are many post on the subject of open zone............ALL pointed at Alcoa. Not Oak Ridge, not ANY at the other schools. So, it becomes very easy to see real motives especially from our friends at CAK sitting in the #2 position.

The attitude of "trying" to eliminate or move your competition is a sign of weakness. A mentality that can infect the players and the whole system with the "it's not fair" disease. Alcoa does not have to play 6A Maryville, but it is VERY key to Alcoa's success. So, my advice is to continue to use Alcoa as the summit to success and quite looking at ways to move #1....uh...the mountain.

I can agree with much of your premise, but your last paragraph is way off base as it pertains to my personal feelings or how it still justifies the D1 multiplier. I've always approached this as "right is right and wrong is wrong" period. Our buddy APB and I have already exchanged some opinions over this and I agreed then that this is not the thread to continue this debate. So again I'll say we will have to agree to disagree. When you or any other valid Alcoa fan starts a thread entitled "Open Zone School Districts vs. Private D1 Schools and the mulitplier" then I will be happy to pick up this debate. Until then, Good luck against Kingston. :thumb:

P.S: All the hard work Alcoa puts in the off season etc...applies to many schools, including CAK. Alcoa does not own exclusivity in that department.

Edited by FootballDad

I can agree with much of your premise, but your last paragraph is way off base as it pertains to my personal feelings or how it still justifies the D1 multiplier. I've always approached this as "right is right and wrong is wrong" period. Our buddy APB and I have already exchanged some opinions over this and I agreed then that this is not the thread to continue this debate. So again I'll say we will have to agree to disagree. When you or any other valid Alcoa fan starts a thread entitled "Open Zone School Districts vs. Private D1 Schools and the mulitplier" then I will be happy to pick up this debate. Until then, Good luck against Kingston. :thumb:

P.S: All the hard work Alcoa puts in the off season etc...applies to many schools, including CAK. Alcoa does not own exclusivity in that department.

Then would it not be time better spent creating a post titled "D1 privates should not have a multiplier" instead of dog piling on ALcoa in an ALcoa vs KIngston thread?? Enough is enough.......

It is easily the D1 talent capital of TN!

Footballdad,

I'll "try" and illustrate why a multiplier for OOZ would NOT be the answer your looking for.

There are 100's of OOZ schools in TN..........just about all counties that have city and county schools allow tuition students to transfer the city system. Plus, there are counties where the county team is feed by the city zoned students because the county team is better. (Loudon County, Lenior City)

TSSAA will never apply a multiplier to hundreds of open zone schools just because of one school.......that being Alcoa and their success. Success that comes from years and years of building an environment that makes kids dream of being a Tornado the first time they put the maroon jersey on in the feeder system. An environment that produces 90+ football players from a school that has approx. 250 male students walking the halls. An environment that makes the best coaches in the state want to be part of the "mix". An environment that is nurtured and supported by boosters,fans and community. An environment where the attitude from the players is to out work their competition and know how to win. And most importantly....expect to win. An environment where players work everyday in the off season on their own to continue the success. And the list goes on and on.

There are many post on the subject of open zone............ALL pointed at Alcoa. Not Oak Ridge, not ANY at the other schools. So, it becomes very easy to see real motives especially from our friends at CAK sitting in the #2 position.

The attitude of "trying" to eliminate or move your competition is a sign of weakness. A mentality that can infect the players and the whole system with the "it's not fair" disease. Alcoa does not have to play 6A Maryville, but it is VERY key to Alcoa's success. So, my advice is to continue to use Alcoa as the summit to success and quite looking at ways to move #1....uh...the mountain.

Excellent post BC ... I couldn't imagine trying to eliminate competition through litigation . I guess people outside of Blount County just don't realize how Big Football is here , Fans of Maryville and Alcoa have heard about most of our current players when they were in Pee Wees .... A community doesn't generate the Pride and Obsession that Alcoa & Maryville fans have in their Football and their young men overnight . Our kids grow up hearing stories about Maryville / Alcoa games not just from their fathers , but from their Grandfathers also . This kind of support doesn't come from changing rules or eliminating the Competition .

I personally don't that Alcoa "OWNS" anything! Everything the players and coaches have achieved is accomplished through hard work and determination. Nothing given is ever earned!! I guess this Alcoa team does own one thing, and that is my respect. Congrats to all ALCOA players and coaches. Keep up the hard work!!!! :thumb: