Alcoa vs. Kingston

clintabbott

In the 70's we could never beat Kingston, but that was when I was trying to coach. In 1973, we threw the winning pass in the end zone and caught it, but we were called out of bounds, that might have been 1972, Kingston won the State Championship that year. In 1969, in a snowstorm that left 3 inches of snow on Goddard Field on November 14. they beat us 8-0 on a kick-off return to our 30 to start the 2nd half, that they pushed in for a touchdown. I remember great games with us as a loser until Little Al caught a touchdown pass in the playoffs around 1990 that allowed us to win 7-0. The tide has turned, probably because of the expertise in coaching, with the leadership of Coach Gary rankin.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 70's we could never beat Kingston, but that was when I was trying to coach. In 1973, we threw the winning pass in the end zone and caught it, but we were called out of bounds, that might have been 1972, Kingston won the State Championship that year. In 1969, in a snowstorm that left 3 inches of snow on Goddard Field on November 14. they beat us 8-0 on a kick-off return to our 30 to start the 2nd half, that they pushed in for a touchdown. I remember great games with us as a loser until Little Al caught a touchdown pass in the playoffs around 1990 that allowed us to win 7-0. The tide has turned, probably because of the expertise in coaching, with the leadership of Coach Gary rankin.

:thumb:

I can't wait to see if all these Kingston people thats been running around for a couple weeks running there mouth saying there going to Alcoa and shocking the world will be running that mouth this week after they got that but kicked last night at Lenoir City. I know Rankin doesnt like to run the score up but I would love to see Alcoa drop 70 on them this week just to shut these Kingston people up. Im sticking to what I said a few weeks ago Kingston will go 5-5.

Edited by Jet Pride

All that was before we had open enrollment!!

:rolleyes::roflol:

I can't wait to see if all these Kingston people thats been running around for a couple weeks running there mouth saying there going to Alcoa and shocking the world will be running that mouth this week after they got that but kicked last night at Lenoir City. I know Rankin doesnt like to run the score up but I would love to see Alcoa drop 70 on them this week just to shut these Kingston people up. Im sticking to what I said a few weeks ago Kingston will go 5-5.

If Kingston beats McMinn Central and gets to 5-5 then they will have an excellent opportunity to qualify for the TSSAA State Playoffs as a 'wild card' team.

This is assuming that District 1 does not send Elizabethton, Happy Valley, Johnson County, AND Sullivan North to the playoffs.

Funny thing I've been to all of the Kingston games and haven't heard anybody say anything about Alcoa. Alcoa may drop 70 on us :wacko: they are that good. but after the Jackets beat the Jets will they be CC champs? Edited by wpasi

Funny thing I've been to all of the Kingston games and haven't heard anybody say anything about Alcoa. Alcoa may drop 70 on us :wacko: they are that good. but after the Jackets beat the Jets will they be CC champs?

Your not beating the Jets this year, CCHS is finally playing some good football.... Ive heard a few Kingston fans call in on channel 12 saying they was going to Alcoa and was going win and I had someone tell me last week some players were more worried about Alcoa then Lenoir City. wpasi I know your a Kingston homer(nothing wrong with that)but you know some people from Kingston has been saying it, and im guessing your one of the smart one from Kingston to know you all dont have a chance in heck friday

What have you got against Kingston?

Your not beating the Jets this year, CCHS is finally playing some good football.... Ive heard a few Kingston fans call in on channel 12 saying they was going to Alcoa and was going win and I had someone tell me last week some players were more worried about Alcoa then Lenoir City. wpasi I know your a Kingston homer(nothing wrong with that)but you know some people from Kingston has been saying it, and im guessing your one of the smart one from Kingston to know you all dont have a chance in heck friday

ch12 boy thats some real experts and your not going to bait me into it with Alcoa they are the best team in the state. Have fun getting beat by Stone again this year (shame you guys cant even be the city champs!)

Edited by wpasi