Cosby @ Cloudland

old24eagle

Ok guys, my bad. I just didn't realize that Chuckey-Doak had become a 3A power. My fault, I had no idea. From the sounds of The Cosby Nation, Chuckey Doak is on their way to becoming Alcoa's Ambassador. Goodluck.

CD has improved this season and this is the best team they've had in along time. Still not a good 3a team. They schedule down and play small out of region teams. They usually still get beat,just not this year.

I hate to hear that even if it does help us out a little. Trust me we need some help right now too. Did Mike take ALL the tradition with him when he left or what? It can't be easy at a school as small as Cloudland but with the tradition they have I can't believe they can be down for too long. I really hope Robbie can right the ship...... just after this week ;)

The only way for Cloudland to right the ship is bring Mike Lunsford back to Cloudland. The results speak for themselves. Cloudland is one of them magical places, kinda like Notre Dame is to college football. Not taking anything away from Hampton, but they just don't have the love for football that the Roan Mt. community has. I was talking to his brother the other night about the game at Cherokee in 2002. Our fanbase was freakin unbelievable. Now it is so depressing to go to a game, I've thought about packing up and moving. Think I'm crazy or not, the Cloudland program has always been very dear to my heart and to the people who ran our dear ball coach off, I hope the rest of your life is miserable.

The only way for Cloudland to right the ship is bring Mike Lunsford back to Cloudland. The results speak for themselves. Cloudland is one of them magical places, kinda like Notre Dame is to college football. Not taking anything away from Hampton, but they just don't have the love for football that the Roan Mt. community has. I was talking to his brother the other night about the game at Cherokee in 2002. Our fanbase was freakin unbelievable. Now it is so depressing to go to a game, I've thought about packing up and moving. Think I'm crazy or not, the Cloudland program has always been very dear to my heart and to the people who ran our dear ball coach off, I hope the rest of your life is miserable.

Well I don't know if Coach Lunsford would consider coming back to Cloudland or not, but he probably would. I know when they hired Robbie Turbyfill he was willing to come back at that time. He told me so himself. I think he'll always have a big spot in his heart for Cloudland football. I'm also sure that there are a lot of people in Roan Mountain that would love to see it. I talk to people all the time and that is a common topic. The only problem is we are entering into the Birchfield era. I think they hired the Chambers guy to take over basketball so Matt Birchfield could take over the football program. The Birchfield's have already took over the Junior high football program at the appropriate time and I feel it will be the same with the high school program. They have a lot of good kids in the junior high football program but I am afraid they are all playing for the benefit of one player. That is if they choose to stay at Cloudland thru high school. I have heard a lot of talk from different parents that they are considering different schools for their child to possibly play at in high school. This is a shame but everyone feels that the junior high team is being/and will continue to be manipulated thru high school. The Birchfield's tried their best to manipulate the team when Tim Clipse was at Cloudland but Coach Lunsford was too stubborn and knew the kind of talent Clipse brought to the table. They won't allow him to come back because if there is a more talented player then the one on their agenda Coach Lunsford won't allow them to manipulate the team and will play the better player. It is my opinioin the Birchfield's want control and would not allow this to happen. It's happening in Junior High as we speak. The best kid on the team gets very few opportunities to shine. The Benfield kid is by far the best player on the junior high team but he's just there to hand it off. I was talking to a guy the other day and he said he watched a junior high game and it made him sick. He said it was obvious it was all about one player. Cloudland really needs a coach that is coaching for the whole team. The choice, if he would come is an absolute no brainer. You either hire a coach that's never coached a highschool football game or one of the most successful coaches in the entire state in highschool football. A proven winner. You would even get a bonus as his son would probably come with him and I have heard a lot of talk that he is very knowlegable of the game himself. He and Jordan Hughes would work very well together. Both of them have a lot of passion and love for the game. I would just like to see Cloudland get back to where it once was but I'm afraid with an agenda in the mix this won't happen anytime soon. With the number out for football as low as it is now and kids coming up from junior high talking about transfering (kids are smart they see what's going on to). I'm concerned we won't even be able to field a team in a couple of years. I'm not a profit but I don't have to be everybody knows it's going on. It's not that big a deal to me, but I would like to see Cloudland get back to where they once where with kids loving it. I have a lot of friends who are not happy with the way things are going that do have a stake in the future of Cloudland football for their sake and the school's I hope I am wrong. My next post will probably come in about five years. Hopefully not.

Well I don't know if Coach Lunsford would consider coming back to Cloudland or not, but he probably would. I know when they hired Robbie Turbyfill he was willing to come back at that time. He told me so himself. I think he'll always have a big spot in his heart for Cloudland football. I'm also sure that there are a lot of people in Roan Mountain that would love to see it. I talk to people all the time and that is a common topic. The only problem is we are entering into the Birchfield era. I think they hired the Chambers guy to take over basketball so Matt Birchfield could take over the football program. The Birchfield's have already took over the Junior high football program at the appropriate time and I feel it will be the same with the high school program. They have a lot of good kids in the junior high football program but I am afraid they are all playing for the benefit of one player. That is if they choose to stay at Cloudland thru high school. I have heard a lot of talk from different parents that they are considering different schools for their child to possibly play at in high school. This is a shame but everyone feels that the junior high team is being/and will continue to be manipulated thru high school. The Birchfield's tried their best to manipulate the team when Tim Clipse was at Cloudland but Coach Lunsford was too stubborn and knew the kind of talent Clipse brought to the table. They won't allow him to come back because if there is a more talented player then the one on their agenda Coach Lunsford won't allow them to manipulate the team and will play the better player. It is my opinioin the Birchfield's want control and would not allow this to happen. It's happening in Junior High as we speak. The best kid on the team gets very few opportunities to shine. The Benfield kid is by far the best player on the junior high team but he's just there to hand it off. I was talking to a guy the other day and he said he watched a junior high game and it made him sick. He said it was obvious it was all about one player. Cloudland really needs a coach that is coaching for the whole team. The choice, if he would come is an absolute no brainer. You either hire a coach that's never coached a highschool football game or one of the most successful coaches in the entire state in highschool football. A proven winner. You would even get a bonus as his son would probably come with him and I have heard a lot of talk that he is very knowlegable of the game himself. He and Jordan Hughes would work very well together. Both of them have a lot of passion and love for the game. I would just like to see Cloudland get back to where it once was but I'm afraid with an agenda in the mix this won't happen anytime soon. With the number out for football as low as it is now and kids coming up from junior high talking about transfering (kids are smart they see what's going on to). I'm concerned we won't even be able to field a team in a couple of years. I'm not a profit but I don't have to be everybody knows it's going on. It's not that big a deal to me, but I would like to see Cloudland get back to where they once where with kids loving it. I have a lot of friends who are not happy with the way things are going that do have a stake in the future of Cloudland football for their sake and the school's I hope I am wrong. My next post will probably come in about five years. Hopefully not.

First of all, Mike seems to be doing pretty well at Hampton, but being selfish,I'd love to to see him back here.He might would come, but only if he could get the support he would need.My youngest kids name is lEVI LANDER. Moved to Roan Mt so Mike could coach my kids. Ilove the kids and parents of the Jr High team. Its a great bunch of kids and my son loves these boys and wants to play for Cloudland. I've got a feeling he may be pretty good when he grows and catches up, he has worked his rear end off his whole life and its gonna pay off as time goes by. The Birchfields have been nothing but good to my son and they treat him fairly. But ,its natural to want your son or nephew to be the star. Coby is a very good player, but you never know which kid will be the more talented as time goes by. They all change. I'm not even sure Cloudland will even hire a new Coach,but if they don't get some more kids out,they will never be sucessful,it looks bleak at the present time they have good talent but are few in numbers. I'd rather my son play here,but Iwill ultimately deside where he goes to school,kids are not capable of making adult desisions. He may not like it , but I'll do what Ithink is best for him. I'm sure several other parents think the same way I do. But Ireally don't care what Cloudland does as far as coaching goes, if its a successful situation,I'll be here ,if not ,I've got a few options.

I remember when Mike went to Hampton,I told people on here that the new Cloudland had moved down the road. I was half right, Cloudland has went down hill and Hampton has been very successful. But its completely different, The atmosphere and excitment at Hampton has, and never will be like it was at Cloudland. The Johnson Co folks were alot louder than Hampton the other night. That would have never happened at Cloudland. I'd love to see our bunch like it once was.

I think Roan Mt. has been punished enough. Don't think for a minute if the ole ballcoach was to come back, there wouldn't be hundreds of people in the street cheering with excitement. 85% of this community wants him to come back. YOu would start to see beefy boy lines again with hard as nails running backs. You would have the old King on here telling everybody how good we are. On the other hand, I don't have anything against the birchfields, its just I don't think they have the programs future's best interest in mind.

I apologize to the Cosby folk, but this does need to be talked about.

I think Roan Mt. has been punished enough. Don't think for a minute if the ole ballcoach was to come back, there wouldn't be hundreds of people in the street cheering with excitement. 85% of this community wants him to come back. YOu would start to see beefy boy lines again with hard as nails running backs. You would have the old King on here telling everybody how good we are. On the other hand, I don't have anything against the birchfields, its just I don't think they have the programs future's best interest in mind.

I apologize to the Cosby folk, but this does need to be talked about.

Don't feel too bad about it king theres probably only about three of us reading it. It's a shame when kids wont play or their parents take them somewhere else because the teams not winning or they don't like the coach. From my experience everyone is always jealous of the coaches kids...usually because the coaches kids are actually BETTER than theirs. What people don't stop to think about is that the coaches kid is usually being pushed to work harder and get better so their parents can justify playing them. While joe parents kid is playin xbox all summer coaches kid is throwing , running and doing push ups.

The only tie to Cloudland that i have is my wife so i dont know anybody or care who the coach is.We will be able to send our kids to Cloudland or Avery.From what I see right now in the area it would be hard for me not to send my kid to Elizabethton even if I had to pay.They got a great coach right now.One more thing I dont understand is why the 2 communities of Roan Mtn and Hampton dont fight to have 1 school for the 2.You would more sports for the kids and most important better education opportunities.

Don't feel too bad about it king theres probably only about three of us reading it. It's a shame when kids wont play or their parents take them somewhere else because the teams not winning or they don't like the coach. From my experience everyone is always jealous of the coaches kids...usually because the coaches kids are actually BETTER than theirs. What people don't stop to think about is that the coaches kid is usually being pushed to work harder and get better so their parents can justify playing them. While joe parents kid is playin xbox all summer coaches kid is throwing , running and doing push ups.

I can safely say that my kid has done more push,ups,ect than any other kid at Cloudland or probably even Carter Co. But he's not the best kid on our Jr High team. Thats not saying he won't be one day. I'm a firm believer in hard work.He's just slow in his developement, the other kids are more phycically mature. I think the kids we have on the Jr High team will all work hard,they've got good parents that will see to it. Who knows what will happen here,but I've told my kid from day 1 if you work like you need to ,I'll do my level best to give you the best opportunity available.I'm his parent,I'd be sorry if I didn't. My choice would be stay right here, great bunch of kids who could really be good .Another thing is,everyone involved with our sports have been nothing but good to my son. That includes the Birchfields, they've coached him on several different teams.

Edited by pujo

The only tie to Cloudland that i have is my wife so i dont know anybody or care who the coach is.We will be able to send our kids to Cloudland or Avery.From what I see right now in the area it would be hard for me not to send my kid to Elizabethton even if I had to pay.They got a great coach right now.One more thing I dont understand is why the 2 communities of Roan Mtn and Hampton dont fight to have 1 school for the 2.You would more sports for the kids and most important better education opportunities.

I don't like the Idea of Consolidating schools,think of how many kids that would never get the oppertunity of starting for a highschool team. For alot of kids,thats about all they've got. Think about five starters on a basketball team.The bigger the school,the harder to achieve. I do wish these small schools had more sports such as wrestling and sports that the bigger schools offer. I also think you can get an education at most any school. Thats up to the kids and parents.