Cosby @ Cloudland

old24eagle

cloudland by 12 if they can hold onto the ball. turnovers will decide this game. fumbles have hurt us all year. you can't drive it down their throat for 60 yards and give it back on a fumble. those are backbreakers. cosby can't stop our ground game. i just hope we don't stop ourselves

Ok Lander fans here's something to think about.Porkchop at rt, Presnell at rg, That is the only 2 that actually started the year in the varsity line. Our center (Prichard) was our fullback. Stevens at lg started the year at wideout! and Brett (a sophomore) is at Lt. Prichard is probably the toughest kid on the team. Stevens was kinda big and physical for a wr anyway and Brett is the most athletic lineman on the team. Not only did Robby have to rebuild his line but he had to replace the skill positions these players vacated all the while trying to do it with less than 29 kids at the BEGINNING of the year. I'm not so sure Cole will be back either(50/50) I think we may have 20,21 kids dressed friday including frosh. But that being said we still have the talent and desire to beat Cosby and make the playoffs. By then It may be the jv playing in the 1st round. As for this week penalties and turnovers,turnovers and penalties.Gotta eliminate 'em.If we do that we can win, if not then them boys will still knock the snott outta somebody.

Well I don't know if Coach Lunsford would consider coming back to Cloudland or not, but he probably would. I know when they hired Robbie Turbyfill he was willing to come back at that time. He told me so himself. I think he'll always have a big spot in his heart for Cloudland football. I'm also sure that there are a lot of people in Roan Mountain that would love to see it. I talk to people all the time and that is a common topic. The only problem is we are entering into the Birchfield era. I think they hired the Chambers guy to take over basketball so Matt Birchfield could take over the football program. The Birchfield's have already took over the Junior high football program at the appropriate time and I feel it will be the same with the high school program. They have a lot of good kids in the junior high football program but I am afraid they are all playing for the benefit of one player. That is if they choose to stay at Cloudland thru high school. I have heard a lot of talk from different parents that they are considering different schools for their child to possibly play at in high school. This is a shame but everyone feels that the junior high team is being/and will continue to be manipulated thru high school. The Birchfield's tried their best to manipulate the team when Tim Clipse was at Cloudland but Coach Lunsford was too stubborn and knew the kind of talent Clipse brought to the table. They won't allow him to come back because if there is a more talented player then the one on their agenda Coach Lunsford won't allow them to manipulate the team and will play the better player. It is my opinioin the Birchfield's want control and would not allow this to happen. It's happening in Junior High as we speak. The best kid on the team gets very few opportunities to shine. The Benfield kid is by far the best player on the junior high team but he's just there to hand it off. I was talking to a guy the other day and he said he watched a junior high game and it made him sick. He said it was obvious it was all about one player. Cloudland really needs a coach that is coaching for the whole team. The choice, if he would come is an absolute no brainer. You either hire a coach that's never coached a highschool football game or one of the most successful coaches in the entire state in highschool football. A proven winner. You would even get a bonus as his son would probably come with him and I have heard a lot of talk that he is very knowlegable of the game himself. He and Jordan Hughes would work very well together. Both of them have a lot of passion and love for the game. I would just like to see Cloudland get back to where it once was but I'm afraid with an agenda in the mix this won't happen anytime soon. With the number out for football as low as it is now and kids coming up from junior high talking about transfering (kids are smart they see what's going on to). I'm concerned we won't even be able to field a team in a couple of years. I'm not a profit but I don't have to be everybody knows it's going on. It's not that big a deal to me, but I would like to see Cloudland get back to where they once where with kids loving it. I have a lot of friends who are not happy with the way things are going that do have a stake in the future of Cloudland football for their sake and the school's I hope I am wrong. My next post will probably come in about five years. Hopefully not.

I've given this a little more thought and I'm not sure Matt or Randy would even want to coach the Highschool, but Ido think the Jr High has prospered under their guideance, won the championship last season and went undefeated,Don't look now but they are on pace to do the same thing again. Must be doing something right. If they did end up coaching the Highschool Ithink they would do everything in their power to get more kids out. They would work hard and they are both disaplinarians. Icould think of worse things. Could be ,just what the Dr ordered.

I've been trying to learn not to question a person's integrity on here. It don't really help things. I regret my previous posts, because they can be taken out of context. I have the utmost respect for Scott and Kevin. I respect the Birchfield's as well and their heritage here on the mountain. I can't help but believe though that the ole ballcoach is the only one who can right the ship up here. His record speaks for itself. There are kids walking them halls that could really help this team.

I've been trying to learn not to question a person's integrity on here. It don't really help things. I regret my previous posts, because they can be taken out of context. I have the utmost respect for Scott and Kevin. I respect the Birchfield's as well and their heritage here on the mountain. I can't help but believe though that the ole ballcoach is the only one who can right the ship up here. His record speaks for itself. There are kids walking them halls that could really help this team.

I don't think your comment was out of line. This board is to state an opinion. You are probably right, but for the dawgs that would not be best (another debate) lol. I just wondered what happened up there for there to be such a change in staff. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

That would be the best of 2 worlds for me, I have alot of confidence in Mike's ability , I also think Cloudland has the kids to build a quality football team. But,I don't think anyone is trying to get him back and I'm not sure he would take it anyway. As far as that goes ,I really like Hampton football, its just not the same as it was at Cloudland. Another thing is ,I'd love for my kids to have the oppertunity to play for Mike. I doubt I'm a minority.

The real question in my mind is,why does everyone think this is Robbie's last season. I hear these rumors on a regular basis. but I've never heard it from him or anyone else that has the power to do anything about it. Its very possably that he could have a successful year. It does seem to be the popular belief. Who knows. Go Robbie, I'm pulling for you.

Don't know about the rest of the Bulldog fans, but im bout half tempted to stay here Friday and cheer on the Highlanders! Cosby still gotta lil pay back coming from the Bulldog Nation for their attitude when we went to that hole they call a football field ...

Attitude? Did someone ask you to quit smoking and cussing or what? Our fans aren't very vocal about anything other than stuff that don't pertain to the game. I don't know what goes on in the crowd here thats any different from anywhere else you will go. I wish our crowd was a little more rowdy than it is. We barely had 100 fans at a the Hampton game cause everyone thinks were terrible when we lose to GP???? We all know ALL of your fans at Hampton are PERFECT.

It's lookin like this will be a battle of who has the best 11-12 kids , with depth being an issue for both teams. Hopefully everyone stays healthy cause it sounds like an injury or 2 would really hurt the landers and I know it would for the Eagles.

Attitude? Did someone ask you to quit smoking and cussing or what? Our fans aren't very vocal about anything other than stuff that don't pertain to the game. I don't know what goes on in the crowd here thats any different from anywhere else you will go. I wish our crowd was a little more rowdy than it is. We barely had 100 fans at a the Hampton game cause everyone thinks were terrible when we lose to GP???? We all know ALL of your fans at Hampton are PERFECT.

It's lookin like this will be a battle of who has the best 11-12 kids , with depth being an issue for both teams. Hopefully everyone stays healthy cause it sounds like an injury or 2 would really hurt the landers and I know it would for the Eagles.

It'll be a war of attrition, the biggest key in my mind is if the Cole kid plays or not. If not ,Cloudland wouldn't be close to full strength. Not even talking offence, he means alot in all areas of the game. No disrespect ,but I still think Cloudland wins.