BAYLOR VS MCCALLIE

landro

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those from other cities in Tennessee that have never been around for Baylor/McCallie week....it is really something. I don't think any other city that I have heard of can compete with this rivarly. It is played up in the media. The red flags with the huge B and blue flags with the huge M that fly from students cars and just the pagentry itself is something to see. I am not talking about small flags either. These are huge homemade flags that fly proudly from trucks and suvs. I will not be at the game...as Red Bank plays that night. But I will tape it since it is the TV game of the week. I look for Baylor to extend the streak that they started last year. But in a rivalry game like this...you never know. I will predict Baylor 28 McCallie 20.

If you are going by talent then Baylor wins. In a big rivarly game like this one you can sometimes throw out who has what....because emotions run so high. I really think this game is the biggest rivarly in the state. That says alot coming from a Webb fan. Baylor broke the streak last year and continues it this year. Baylor 21 McCallie 14. Go Spartans!

Ah, what a week! Bonfires, pep rallies, flags flying, tailgating. What more could we ask for!

As to the game, I don't believe that the team across the river has ever been ahead at the end of the game at Finley Stadium since it was constructed and we moved the game there. So I'm going to say that the team across the river will remain at 0 for Finley.

With my blue tinted glasses firmly in place, I'm predicting a close one:

McCallie 27 Other visiting team 26

Go Big Blue!

Ah, what a week! Bonfires, pep rallies, flags flying, tailgating. What more could we ask for!

As to the game, I don't believe that the team across the river has ever been ahead at the end of the game at Finley Stadium since it was constructed and we moved the game there. So I'm going to say that the team across the river will remain at 0 for Finley.

Go Big Blue!

With my Baylor red tinted glasses even firmer in place I predict the Red Raiders...the team on the beautiful Tennessee River surrounded by views of the mountains....28....the school located on Dodds Ave....21. Go Baylor!

Go Big Blue!

You are right about Baylor never being ahead at the end of the game since the series moved to Finley. The series started at Finley in 2000. With 3 of those games being at Baylor I believe 7 of those games have been at Finley. The Red Raiders broke a long streak last year in convincing fashion over their rival. However, losing the 7 games at Finley has gone on way too long. So, here's to Baylor breaking another streak this Friday night. Prediction:

Baylor 24

the other school 20

Edited by bigred4life

If both teams play the same sort of game they played against MBA, I would give Baylor the edge. McCallie has an explosive offense, and they put up gaudy numbers at MBA, but they also made a number fo mistakes, particularly fumbles. Baylor played a much more controlled and careful (though not tentative by any stretch of the imagination)game against MBA, and above all, limited their mistakes.

Of course, since it's a rivalry, you can pretty much toss out all of the conventional wisdom. Beyond that, since it doesn't involve MBA, it's two mules fighting over a turnip as far as I can tell :roflol: (With tongue planted firmly in cheek)

Edited by KWoodroof

McCallie stays in this one for a while as long as they can pick on the short Baylor secondary. Keenon Hale has to have a great game, still not sure why Syracuse is taking him but maybe he can prove me wrong. I predict the typical nickel and diming it down the field from them. If McCallie cant throw the ball, they're wont run it well either. They dont have a back. A high scoring game if McCallie has success through the air because Baylor will keep up.

Baylor 49

McCallie 27

It's ok Shakin, I can anchor down the blue island just fine! I have faith that the blue gentlemen have been working hard. They've balanced out the offense. I do believe we have a running back who is currently 4th in the city in stats as well as some others who are back from some early dings. They can and will get the job done!

In the meantime, I will keep channeling that we are Kentucky thoroughbreds in a race for the winning blue roses! (actual blue roses available overnight from Ecuador...I have the phone # if you need it!)

Go Big Blue!

Bluemom, sorry but sometimes your passion tends to go overboard alittle bit and runs on the obnoxious side alittle bit. I have never seen a Baylor fan do it on this site....unless it is provoked by your biased remarks. I remember it got you alot of heat last year with your ramblings about what your "blue gentlemen" would do to Baylor. And if I remember correctly the "Baylor gentlemen" really took it to your team. As always in a rivarly game you can never tell what will happen as emotions play a huge part. But I look for the more talented Baylor team to prevail for a 2nd year in a row. I know you mean well....but your little digs at the "visiting team" as you put it come across as arrogant. So in keeping with your tradition...my predictions is:

Baylor 30

Dodds Ave School 20