BAYLOR VS MCCALLIE

landro

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie reaslly hurt thmselves with penalties but when the the game was on the line, Baylor's OLine was the difference.

McCallie did make some penalties for sure. Several facemasks that were pretty bad. But you are right in saying that Baylor's O Line was the difference. They were exceptional...alot of talent. As was the rest of the team. Porter just being a freshman will be amazing. I thought Baylor started out alittle out of sync...sometimes an off week really does not help. But was just rolling in the 2nd half. Very proud of the team....6-0 for the year....and now 2-0 over the blue! Go Baylor!

I just happily finished watching the game on TV. As my name indicates I had a daughter graduate from GPS last year. But now have a freshman at Baylor...so now I need to change my name to RedRaiderMom. I really wish I could have been at the game to watch Baylor win their 2nd in a row and extend our streak. But had a sick one at home. It was a good game that Baylor started alittle slow but were very impressive in the 2nd half. As someone else on here said....our freshman running back was great! But it was an entire team effort and they looked great! I believe the next time I post on here....it will be RedRaider Mom! Congratulations to Baylor!

Welcome bruisermom! I look forward to more of your posts as redraidermom! You are so right...it was a great win for Baylor and the future certainly looks bright for us with alot of young players. Post often.

Baylor played well, but it was very disapointing to see the McCallie team play so undisciplined and conservative. I am not sure McCallie would have won or even made it a closer game, but it would have been a more enjoyable and competitive game to watch.

Interestingly enough, McCallie could have still made it a game late in the second half when they stopped Baylor deep in their own end. Alas, another facemask penalty and it was all over but the "calorie-challenged woman singing".

Not sure if the freshman RB from Baylor was THAT good or if many RBs would look good if they ran behind that OL.

Say Goodnight Gracie!

Well played game by Baylor. As others mentioned the Red Raiders seemed to start off alittle slow but once they got started they played a very solid game. Defense was very good and others have mentioned the O line just too strong. I was very pleased with the discipline that they showed. Next up Brentwood Academy and then Ensworth. Should be a very interesting two weeks with two great teams visiting Heywood Stadium.

Great win for Baylor. Defense played extremely well in allowing McCallie just 36 yards rushing. Red Raiders were very disciplined. As pretty much all have noted the O Line is very good. Huesman was very efficient completing 8 of 10 passes. Also winning at Finley gets another monkey off our back. Baylor can enjoy this win over their long time rival (oldest rivarly in the state) but not for long. Brentwood Academy and Ensworth are next. It is an understatement to say this stretch will be a challenge. Congratulations Baylor!

Great win for Baylor. Defense played extremely well in allowing McCallie just 36 yards rushing. Red Raiders were very disciplined. As pretty much all have noted the O Line is very good. Huesman was very efficient completing 8 of 10 passes. Also winning at Finley gets another monkey off our back. Baylor can enjoy this win over their long time rival (oldest rivarly in the state) but not for long. Brentwood Academy and Ensworth are next. It is an understatement to say this stretch will be a challenge. Congratulations Baylor!

Those should be two really great games. The division looks to be incredibly balanced this year. Probably the the only E/M team with no chance of winning it all would be JP II. While you should never say that a parochial school doesn't have a prayer, I suspect JP II's would more realistically be directed to St. Joseph.

Not excluding the West Tn teams, I just haven't seen anything of them.

Those should be two really great games. The division looks to be incredibly balanced this year. Probably the the only E/M team with no chance of winning it all would be JP II. While you should never say that a parochial school doesn't have a prayer, I suspect JP II's would more realistically be directed to St. Joseph.

Not excluding the West Tn teams, I just haven't seen anything of them.

I've seen them all. Don't see any threats in W TN. None of them should make it past the second playoff round.

Edited by owlbooster