Dobyns Bennett vs. Tn High

sixtonjoseph

IMHO if the Viking "machine?" doesn't make serious changes to their db's, corners, and safety they are doomed for the rest of the year. They looked plum skeart.

Here, here. roll wit it!

The starting FS did not dress for disciplinary reasons. Our QB had to step in his place at the last minute. But you are right about the CB, especially on the right side... and he's not alone. I wouldn't expect to see him there this week. There needs to be some SOFTIES removed at linebacker also. Stubbs has got to be able to find 11 players on our roster that aint afraid of (real) contact. With the exception of a small few, this is the most sissified group (when it comes to being physical "layin the wood") that I have EVERY seen wear the maroon and white in all my 7 or 8 years following the Vikings closely!!!!!!!!! :x Just shamefully SOFT!!! It’s obvious to me that they have them over there at Vance roasting marshmallows after practice each day. :angry: Let's see now... I think I'm suppose to breath and count backwards from 100 when this happens. You know... the therapy. :flower:

The starting FS did not dress for disciplinary reasons. Our QB had to step in his place at the last minute. But you are right about the CB, especially on the right side... and he's not alone. I wouldn't expect to see him there this week. There needs to be some SOFTIES removed at linebacker also. Stubbs has got to be able to find 11 players on our roster that aint afraid of (real) contact. With the exception of a small few, this is the most sissified group (when it comes to being physical "layin the wood") that I have EVERY seen wear the maroon and white in all my 7 or 8 years following the Vikings closely!!!!!!!!! :x Just shamefully SOFT!!! It’s obvious to me that they have them over there at Vance roasting marshmallows after practice each day. :angry: Let's see now... I think I'm suppose to breath and count backwards from 100 when this happens. You know... the therapy. :flower:

We had a simular problem at DB last year. Not as bad as I witnessed on the Tennessee High side Friday night, but we had our share of players that were not dedicated and didn't give 100%. There were several that just didn't care. If you have players that don't care then you can't fix that. DB is light years ahead of last year. I can't believe thay made that big of a turnaround from last year to this year. Just alot of dedication over the summer and a whale of a job by the coaching staff. Tennessee High can correct things to but they'll have to get some dedication from the players and coaches as well.

I hate to tell you this but NATURAL ABILITY and TALENT is something you’re born with. You know… quickness, speed, and agility. You can take all the time you want to instill all the toughness and grit you want… but it will rarely overcome a good gene pool. ;)

I think you now see how important toughness is in a football player.

We had a simular problem at DB last year. Not as bad as I witnessed on the Tennessee High side Friday night, but we had our share of players that were not dedicated and didn't give 100%. There were several that just didn't care. If you have players that don't care then you can't fix that. DB is light years ahead of last year. I can't believe thay made that big of a turnaround from last year to this year. Just alot of dedication over the summer and a whale of a job by the coaching staff. Tennessee High can correct things to but they'll have to get some dedication from the players and coaches as well.

True true. But I think that in order to get that dedication there needs to be an example or two made. The Vikings woes just start with dedication issues. We have kids on the team that think they should be signing autographs just because their names have been mentioned in the sports section. Players that think that the coaching staff must now cater to them just because they had a good game or two. Players/player who feel that they are now more important than other players on the team because they got interviewed by Channel 11 Sports… or who (while sitting on the bench) have called for a family member to say something to the coach because they were told to go sit their @22 down after doing the best impression I have ever seen of a matador in a football helmet against DB. Ok lets see…… 100, 99, 98…

Leadership is a powerful word. Dissention is a just as powerful. These are normally reflections of coaching. Sometimes as powerful as great coaching can be, negativity can still brew and usually takes drastic measures to quell it's effect. Last years Indians are perfect examples of this phenomonon. I'm not sure if that is the issue with the Vikings as Cap stated but it most definately was the issue with the Rebels at the beginning of the season. Fortunately, the Rebels have cured their ill before total devistation ensued. And the Indians are an example of great leadership with their sustained momentum going forward.

Edited by compusatman

Hope it is something that can fixed and fixed quickly. If it isn't these problems can last a while because 7 or 8 of the starters on defense are juniors.

I think you now see how important toughness is in a football player.

I never meant to say toughness wasn't important... but it is something that can be instilled/taught. However you can't teach someone to run a 4.3 40... unless of course they already run a 4.4 in which case they already have the ability. Long story made short... I would rather have the player that naturally runs the 4.3 and try to teach them to be tough verses trying to teach the tough guy to be lightning quick. Does that make sense? :huh:

Hope it is something that can fixed and fixed quickly. If it isn't these problems can last a while because 7 or 8 of the starters on defense are juniors.

04' I think a good jump on fixing the problem would be to hang my post up in the locker room. :lol: A second would be to go over game film and point out individuals to show how painfully obvious the lack of effort showed on some plays, so they can see for themselves. And don't be bashful about TELLING IT LIKE IT IS. This team needs to get their head out of the sand because we are about to face three good hard running QBs that aren’t bashful in calling their own number. And you know how we’ve dealt with the QB option up to this point. It could get ugly… AGAIN!! I can still remember saying to myself at the Virginia High game as I watched our Offensive line get pushed around "we are going to be in big trouble when we play DB if they can't do any better than thatâ€. Of course it was all under my breath because I wouldn't ever let someone else hear me curse like that. :D But the cats out of the bag now... so what the heck. :blush:

04' I think a good jump on fixing the problem would be to hang my post up in the locker room. :lol: A second would be to go over game film and point out individuals to show how painfully obvious the lack of effort showed on some plays, so they can see for themselves. And don't be bashful about TELLING IT LIKE IT IS. This team needs to get their head out of the sand because we are about to face three good hard running QBs that aren’t bashful in calling their own number. And you know how we’ve dealt with the QB option up to this point. It could get ugly… AGAIN!! I can still remember saying to myself at the Virginia High game as I watched our Offensive line get pushed around "we are going to be in big trouble when we play DB if they can't do any better than thatâ€. Of course it was all under my breath because I wouldn't ever let someone else hear me curse like that. :D But the cats out of the bag now... so what the heck. :blush:

Cap, disrespect for the Vikings does not abound. I saw the cat scratch fever you produced to beat the 'Toppers. I don't care what anyone says, the 'Toppers are not a pushover. When your players lined up to storm the sideline at J. Fred I knew they were doomed. It was written all over them. Not the same team that I watched in JC. Same for the 'Blazers. They were helpless as South whipped them. But, obviously, a totally different team played Science Hill last week. The surprises are not over. And the Vikings are not done. They will rise once again. As will the 'Blazers. And I hope...the Rebels. I don't discount what you say but it will get fixed.

Edited by compusatman