Someone plz correct me on this 3A TSSAA playoff format...

randomposter

Grundy may have knocked Chattanooga Christian from the wild card possibilities tonight. CCS had Polk, Boyd-Buchanan, Signal Mountain as non-district games, it will be something to see if such teams are dropped from schedules (not just CCS, anyone's) with overall record now such a big part of making it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grundy may have knocked Chattanooga Christian from the wild card possibilities tonight. CCS had Polk, Boyd-Buchanan, Signal Mountain as non-district games, it will be something to see if such teams are dropped from schedules (not just CCS, anyone's) with overall record now such a big part of making it.

CCS will be in the same district as Signal next year.

CCS will be in the same district as Signal next year.

Yeah, it looks that way, I meant any team with such opponents not necessarily CCS. They could have potentially scheduled 3 easier teams than those and had a better wildcard shot even if they'd lost to Grundy and Sequatchie as it's gone, and Bledsoe later, in the district.

...Everybody knows what happened to us last year after we finished 2nd in District 6-AA...our early season schedule(although brutal) prepared us for the late season run and had it not been for the TSSAA's snafu-bracket, I think we would have not only hosted a game or two, but may have won a couple...strenght-of-schedule or "scheduling-up" should count because sometimes that's the only recourse you have!!!

I received confirmation today that the Class 3A "mock bracket" that was released this week as INCORRECT. Why is this the case? Johnson County out of East-TN currently sits at 2-0 in their district and would be an "automaic lock" for the playoffs if they started today. The TSSAA "mock bracket" has them on the outside looking in when in reality that would not be the case.

The correct "mock bracket" for Class 3A looks as follows:

Q-1

West Greene

South Greene

Chuckey-Doak

Sullivan North

Gatlinburg-Pittman

Elizabethton

Happy Valley

Johnson County

Q-2

Alcoa

CAK

Kingston

Loudon

Howard

Tyner Academy

Austin-East

Sequatchie County

Q-3

Goodpasture

Smith County

Bledsoe County

East Literature

Polk County

Pearl-Cohn

CPA

York Institute

Q-4

Camden Central

Milan

Fairview

Westview

Cheatham County

Waverly Central

Lewis County

Booker T. Washington

Johnson's County's "automatic bid" into the playoffs would (for the moment) knock Oakhaven out of the postseason. There is a very long way to go in order to decide this so I wouldn't be too quick to fall in love with the bracket if I were any of these teams sitting on the "bubble".

QUESTION for the Coachters....will a 5-4 team get in the playoffs over a 5-5 team...seems that there are two teams only playing 9 games this season. West Greene and Johnson County

Edited by RonMexico

I am sure somebody has "redone" the brackets after the games played last night. Any updates????

The ole MountainTroll figgered this'un out one night when I'z gittin' near the bottom of a good jar, so let me 'splain it fer you.:thumb:

Them NashVegas fellers update the stats ever Tuesday. 'Course there's no way for them to know who gits the #1 and #2 district automatic spots 'til after week 10.

With total victories as #1 criteria, a 10-0 team would seed higher than a 9-0 team. If 5-5 vs 5-4, then strength of schedule does come into play somewhat with the next few criteria.

The drawin' of the quads is when it really gits messed up. Them NashVegas fellers sez they do it "geographically", but the Troll thinks they look mostly at travel times. It ain't so much N/S and E/W, as it is travel time. The Troll thinks that's why they started referin' to 'em as Quads 1,2,3, and 4. Once all 32 pins is on the map, them NashVegas fellers just draws the quads as best as they can, to git 8 teams in each quad. Districts go out the window. Overall seedin' in the class and quad seedin' is all based on the criteria listed.

It's gonna be kinda interestin' to watch how them fellers draw the quads each week as the 32 change. The Troll thinks we might git some insight into how them fellers' minds work??slaphead.gif

Fer shur they's gonna be some teams gittin' hosed in the "Drawin' o' the Quads". sex.gif:roflolk: :roflolk:

I am sure somebody has "redone" the brackets after the games played last night. Any updates????

I had the following as of last night :thumb:

Q-1

Elizabethton

Happy Valley

Sullivan North

Chuckey-Doak

West Greene

South Greene

Austin-East

Gatlinburg-Pittman

(Johnson County & Pigeon Forge on the "outside looking in" at 2-4 overall)

Q-2

Alcoa

CAK

Kingston

Loudon

Polk County

Sweetwater

Howard

Tyner Academy

Q-3

Goodpasture

East Literature

CPA

Pearl-Cohn

Bledsoe County

Smith County

Sequatchie County

York Institute

(Grundy County on the "outside looking in" at 3-3 overall)

Q-4

Camden Central

Fairview

Martin-Westview

Milan

Oakhaven

Lewis County

Cheatham County

Stewart County

(Waverly Central on the "outside looking in" at 3-3 overall; Hickman County & Harpeth on the "outside looking in" at 2-4 overall)

WITH THIS SAID.......

IN Q-4 IT IS STILL POSSIBLE FOR BOTH BOOKER T. WASHINGTON (2-5) & MANASSAS (1-5) TO "STEAL" 2 OF THE "AUTOMATIC BERTHS" AS PLAYOFF TEAMS IF THEY WIN THEIR DISTRICT GAMES DOWN THE STRETCH

I believe that the 2-5 trio of Meigs County, Chattanooga Christian, and Booker T. Washington suffered the biggest blows to their playoff hopes last night.

Meigs County lost all hope now that they have lost to Sequoyah & Sweetwater.

Chattanooga Christian's loss to Grundy County really hurt their hopes.

Booker T. Washington fell to Hillcrest and that now makes their game with Sheffield a "must win" scenario.

Got bored and after reading the playoff quads I played out a scenerio out for quad 3 since I know about most of the teams there. I predicted the rest of the year for all teams listed in quad 3 even bubble team Grundy Co. to see how seeding would go and who would draw who in the first round. First of all this is just a little fun prediction I put together and I know there will be some disagreements. Ill do seedings and predictions of teams left on schedule then playoff matches.

#1. Bledsoe County-10-0 #1 district. Biggest game left- Grundy Co. for the #1 in district.

Wins-Harriman, Grundy Co., Rockwood, Chatt Christian.

#2. Goodpasture- 9-1 #1 district(above Smith Co. because of tougher schedule). Bigesst game- Greenbrier #1 district spot.

Wins-Mcgavok(close one), Sycamore, Greenbrier

#3. Smith Co-8-2 #1 district. Biggest game- White House( could be the diffrence between #2 seed if Bledsoe losses).

wins- Cannon, York Losses- White House ( giving them nod because of home field)

#4. Sequatchie Co. 7-3 #2 district. Biggest game- rest of there schedule if the lose they will have to go on the road and then York will host.

wins- Whitwell, Notre Dame, Meigs Co., Mcminn Central

#5. York-6-4 #2 district. Biggest game- Rest of there schedule need to win 2 out of 3 to make the play offs. if not CPA will get in.

wins- Livingston, White Co. Losses-Smith Co.

#6.Pearl Cohn-6-4 wildcard spot( at number 6 because of toughest schedule of the WCs.) Biggest game-CPA for a wild card spot.

wins-Stratford,Whites Creek,CPA Losses- David L.

#7.East Lit.-6-4 wildcard spot. Biggest game-David Lipscomb for a higher seeding.

wins Stratford,Whites Creek Losses- Maplewood, David Lipscomb

#8. Grundy Co.-6-4 wildcard spot (beat CPA out of last spot because of overall wins. Had CPA finishing 5-5). Biggest game-Rest of schedule needs to win 3 out of 4 to make playoffs.

wins- Midway,Grace Baptist, Notre Dame Losses- Bledsoe County.

#1 Bledsoe Co. vs # 8 Grundy Co. District teams can now play each other.

#4 Sequatchie Co. vs #5 York

#3 Smith Co vs #6 Pearl Cohn

#2 Goodpasture vs #7 East lit.

Alot of football to played and the seeding and who gets in the playoffs can change alot.

York Institute has White County, Livingston Academy, & Smith County remaining this season. I could very easily see the Dragons finishing at 4-6 and missing the playoffs.

I agree with the rest of your records DefMinded and I look for CPA to be in the postseason at 5-5 ahead of York.

I would predict Q-3 to fall as follows:

1.) Bledsoe

8.) Grundy

4.) East Literature

5.) Pearl-Cohn

3.) Goodpasture

6.) CPA

2.) Smith

7.) Sequatchie