MBA BGA

big red big blue

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to insert a BA and EHS post in here but this fan is still sick over the loss. Your comment "as Smyrna and BA have discovered, if EHS holds the ball, they're formidable: let's not call either of those games an upset" is true, I think EHS is an excellent team, but the stats in this morning's paper were tough to read. BA out rushed EHS 209 yards to 105, held them to 10 first downs vs 15 for BA, and BA had 1 penalty for 5 yards. That is normally a winning formula for a team. EHS did have 119 yards passing, but a total of 224 yards of offense is not an overpowering offensive display. BA handed this game to Ensworth with turnovers, and I predict will turn out to be a positive for this BA team, who is hungry. I bet they rally around their QB who had a very tough game, and come out of it stronger. Let's hope so, some very tough games ahead.

I never looked at the stats breakdown on the MBA-Ensworth game, but my feeling from being at the game is that EHS could have probably said the same thing about that one. Turnovers were the difference. As we all know (but forget in the pain of a loss or the euphoria of a win), a football game doesn't tell us who has the better team, or even who played better on the day. It does, however, tell us with often painful mathematical precision who scored more points. It's the intangibles that allow us to debate and snipe here.

Popcorn??? I'd suggest Xanax. This wasn't an affair for the faint of heart.

We are getting better as a team. We dont need xanax. Its terrible you said that. We had the game won, but things happen. Great game to MBA. Stop hating on the kids who do a tremendous job week to week. Get a life.

We are getting better as a team. We dont need xanax. Its terrible you said that. We had the game won, but things happen. Great game to MBA. Stop hating on the kids who do a tremendous job week to week. Get a life.

WHAT DID YOU SAY - "HATING ON THE KIDS" ??? That is WAY off base, a TOTAL misreading of KWoodruff. You must be out of your Xanax....and your Prozac TOO!

I didn't mention the kids at all, and while i don't speak "juvenile" very fluently, I can't see anything here in which I could have "hated on" anybody. I was simply referring to the nerves of those watching. Speaking of watching, when you've watched a few more games, you'll realize that no game is ever over until you see "0:00" on the board. If you're ahead at that juncture, then you have the game won.

Tough loss for Marty and Donnie and their Wildcats. Two heart-breakers in a row is enough to pop the bubble for any program. You guys have the best there is though and if anyone can revitalize those guys it is Marty Euverard. Nothing but love and respect for that man. Go Wildcats.

Like I said at halftime "DEJA VU". BGA does not have enough depth right now.

Like I said at halftime "DEJA VU". BGA does not have enough depth right now.

I agree bga does not have depth but still should not have lost that game. All they had to do was run the ball up the middle three times and kick the field goal to win the game. No reason to pass the ball in that situation. Great high school football game. BGA has the best passing offense in DII but can't stop the run. When you start five sophomores on that side of the ball, you are not going to have the size and strength to go up against the senior laden teams in the region. Next year will be a different story. All these young pups will have another year in the weight room and more game experience than their opponents. Look for the Wildcats to upset someone in the playoffs this year and win it all next season.

I agree bga does not have depth but still should not have lost that game. All they had to do was run the ball up the middle three times and kick the field goal to win the game. No reason to pass the ball in that situation. Great high school football game. BGA has the best passing offense in DII but can't stop the run. When you start five sophomores on that side of the ball, you are not going to have the size and strength to go up against the senior laden teams in the region. Next year will be a different story. All these young pups will have another year in the weight room and more game experience than their opponents. Look for the Wildcats to upset someone in the playoffs this year and win it all next season.

Depending on whom they beat in the play-off, it might not really be an upset. It seems to me that BA is still probably the best team in the Division, followed by Ensworth. Following that, Baylor, BGA, McCallie, and MBA seem to be as close to equal as teams can be (based on seeing these teams play MBA). I'm not sure where to put Ryan (or the West Tn teasm), and JP II props up the table. If BGA caught another mid-table team, a win wouldn't shock me. They have a good team.