Greeneville Vs. Cumberland Gap

DevilMan03

I think you quit saying things like this because they hear it enough as it is...I think you play a strict 2 platoon system so young players will see action and gain experience while the game is still heated and before it's out of reach...I think you do intentional rotations at certain positions so you'll always have a player ready if a starter goes down....I think you mix substitution groups so a young QB and RB get in there with the first O-line instead of the 3rd. Or Young linebackers behind the first D-line. Or young D-lineman while Older guys like #15 and #27 are in at LB to push them. There are a lot of ways to prepare for tougher opponents down the road while playing weaker ones. And I'm pretty confident that the GHS staff has thought through these things.

Yep all of the above and still hang half a hundred on the conference...

Yep all of the above and still hang half a hundred on the conference...

Haha...yall make me laugh...I suggest you get all this out of your system this year (the hangin half a hundy on folks regularly) because this dog and pony show will not last. Great team this year no doubt, but we will see if they live up to all the expectations. Anything less than a convincing 15-0 state championship team will be a failure.... According to the way the fans talk anyway.

Haha...yall make me laugh...I suggest you get all this out of your system this year (the hangin half a hundy on folks regularly) because this dog and pony show will not last. Great team this year no doubt, but we will see if they live up to all the expectations. Anything less than a convincing 15-0 state championship team will be a failure.... According to the way the fans talk anyway.

Aren't we glad the fan's don't really count. BUT GHS players and coaches do. By the way if I go by your reasoning that unless a school wins a state championship they have nothing to talk or brag about they would as a rule have to shut down Coach't in upper NEast TN.

UHHH just wondering surf buddy, what school did you go to :ugeek:

Aren't we glad the fan's don't really count. BUT GHS players and coaches do. By the way if I go by your reasoning that unless a school wins a state championship they have nothing to talk or brag about they would as a rule have to shut down Coach't in upper NEast TN.

Do you think he finished?... Just kidding surfin. Couldn't resist.

I went to Camp Creek...graduated the 3rd grade early...and your right about one thing. As a whole...East Tennessee football isn't very good. There are a few exceptions to the rule, however.

Edited by fbisurfin

Do you think he finished?... Just kidding surfin. Couldn't resist.

I am going to say Mo West or East, because no county or city school could have produced such a GOOF!!!! just sayin........... :thumb:

The comment above was deserved and warrented.... just sayin again..... :thumb:

Edited by greene4747

Yes, It is a bit of a dog and pony show at times...but it may last longer than you think. Although GHS has some quality seniors there aren't many of them and there JV is 6-0. And your definition of a failure means every program in the state other than the 6 champs are failures. I could agree if you said that it will be a real tragedy if GHS doesn't make the most of this opportunity. but you didn't say that so I guess I have to disagree with your entire assessment.

Yes, It is a bit of a dog and pony show at times...but it may last longer than you think. Although GHS has some quality seniors there aren't many of them and there JV is 6-0. And your definition of a failure means every program in the state other than the 6 champs are failures. I could agree if you said that it will be a real tragedy if GHS doesn't make the most of this opportunity. but you didn't say that so I guess I have to disagree with your entire assessment.

Do you people make a habit of not reading the entire post? I said "Anything less than a convincing 15-0 state championship team will be a failure.... According to the way the fans talk anyway."

Translation: Their fans are making this team out to be the 2nd coming of De Lasalle..(get back with me if you need to know who they are too)..therefore if they do not go 15-0 and hang "half a hundred" on everyone. In their fans eyes (not mine) this year will be a failure.

Yes I think Greeneville is a very good they are very well coached, but there is always someone out there working as hard or harder.

Do you people make a habit of not reading the entire post? I said "Anything less than a convincing 15-0 state championship team will be a failure.... According to the way the fans talk anyway."

Translation: Their fans are making this team out to be the 2nd coming of De Lasalle..(get back with me if you need to know who they are too)..therefore if they do not go 15-0 and hang "half a hundred" on everyone. In their fans eyes (not mine) this year will be a failure.

Yes I think Greeneville is a very good they are very well coached, but there is always someone out there working as hard or harder.

You are right ..you did say "according to the way the fans talk.." But you haven't read my posts very carefully either ..I'm a GHS fan and I've never said anything about hanging a half a hundred on anyone. ...Does De Lasalle Know anything about football? don't forget "fan" is short for fanatic so what did you expect?