Jackson Co @ Clay Co

hyline

According to the local paper Clay Co. has allowed 20 completions on 60 attempts for 220 yards and 4 interceptions through the first 6 games. That's not bad pass defense. If you average that out by game it is 3.3 completions on 10 attempts for 36.6 yards. I know that Jaret Goad probably throws it 25 times a game and averages 200+. It is going to be exciting to see which side of this coin will prevail. :popcorneater:

Edited by Boarhog

According to the local paper Clay Co. has allowed 20 completions on 60 attempts for 220 yards and 4 interceptions through the first 6 games. That's not bad pass defense. If you average that out by game it is 3.3 completions on 10 attempts for 36.6 yards. I know that Jaret Goad probably throws it 25 times a game and averages 200+. It is going to be exciting to see which side of this coin will prevail. :popcorneater:

Yeah thats not bad stats for pass defense..BUTTT look who they have had to play pass defense against...Monterey run..run..run.. Friendship sorta balanced but more run...Red Boiling no comment..run or whatever they can do..Trousdale RUN..RUN..RUN..RUN..Watertown balanced more run than throw and Freshman qb..Taft idk.. So can really say much about their pass defense unless they play a good passing team.. From what ive hearfd their secondary is not that good and we will see just how good they are if J County line gives goad time. They gave him time against Monterey and well you seen or heard what happened. I say jc wins a tough fought football game between a huge rival 28 to 21.. IF jc gets started early and jumps out jc could win bigger than expected.. Play physical, Stop the run make me dare to pass.. Good luck to all th players and coaches of both teams.. Hope for a injury free night... Go jc.. Another step we take to playoffs..

i believe Clay wins this one they have a different pep in there step last week funny how not playing friendship and tc can do that for you they had two real stinkers this year against red boiling and Monterey they beat Watertown and i know there down but they are still one of the you must beat to have a good year as far as clay having a bad pass defense your right they will get tested Friday night but i have a feeling you may be a little surprised but I'm still a little old school you beat us last year so until we beat you this year i cant say alot but I'm still pretty sure Clay/Celina has a very large win to loss total against Jackson bottom line its a big game good luck to both teams hope you bring a large crowd Clays field looked great last week has to be one of the best 1a fields in the state

I will go with Jackson-Gainesboro in this one over Clay-Celina. Goodluck to both teams

maybe you thought i was being smart but i only put Clay/Celina because when they build us our new school they made us change our name from Celina to Clay County i played for Celina and thats what we will always be to me but either way your Pirates have kicked our buts under both names so call us what you want thanks for posting on our thread we need all the posters we can get dont have many of our own

Edited by hyline

JC needs the quick strikes and big plays. They are not a team that will have 8+ play drives. They have yet to establish a consistent running game. On defense, they need to bend but not break, and don't give up the big play. Let CC move the ball, eat up time, but not score. I think this game will come down to turnovers. And which team can convert them into points.

Looking forward to a great night of high school football in Celina. Good luck to both teams.

JC wins it.

With the Owls of SC playing last night, Gville off tonight, TC vs Pickett - this is probably the best game in the area. Might try to go see this one.

be great to have you come early some great food in town try ollies touch of soul for great country food or if you like bbq dale hollow one stop is pretty good

Anybody know if its playing on the radio or have a link for the net? Stuck at work and really want to listen!

heart break for clay played alright keep shooting them selfs in the foot late TD punt return called back roughing the kicker late both times woulds have tied game but JC played there hearts out they wanted it more and got it 24 is a really good ball player almost single handily won game

JC fortunate to hold on to this one. Give props to #28 on his return. He ran the ball hard. #24 is a playmaker on both sides of the ball. Turnovers played a role in this one. JC converted on their intercepted. CC could did not on their fumble recovery. But the biggest factor was special teams. JC missed xp, allowed big koff return, blocked punt. The penalties killed CC.

Both teams played hard.

It was a great win for JC.