INDY EAGLES football - where is it headed?

sarahpalin

I could have swore that the heading said where is Indy heading, Not where it has already been. I am amazed that every Indy thread always ends up talking about Scott Smith. The only people that get hurt by people constantly bringing up the past are the players of today.

To prepare for a better future, you have to examine the past. But I agree, looking as far back as Smith is wrong. To have a better future, IHS has to examine the recent past and the way Dyson recommended himself for the position and Campbell made a boneheaded decision and listened with stars and adoration in his eyes. As some other poster said; "man-crush."

Dyson needed more than "one more yard" to be a head coach. Some extended quality assistant coaching experience(a couple of years at Glencliff, Glencliff for goodness sake, doenst count at all, and wasnt he asked or told to leave there anyway? How do you get run off from Glencliff? How bad do you have to be!?) followed by coordinator experience at the very least should have been required.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have swore that the heading said where is Indy heading, Not where it has already been. I am amazed that every Indy thread always ends up talking about Scott Smith. The only people that get hurt by people constantly bringing up the past are the players of today.

I agree with Taco. You have to look at the past to know where you are headed. Indy has a short history. Going back to Smitty is not unrelative. But since you want to talk about the present and future...right now Indy stinks and is being led to one of its worst years since opening. With Summitt opening up next year its only going to get worse. I dont like the way he got the job but Dyson is the coach. What has he done and how is he improving as a coach? Are the players buying into his system? Are the parents supporting the team? Are the players working their butts off? Or is the honeymoon over? Right now it looks like the last option. Thats where Indy is heading unless something drastically changes.

Edited by workinprogress

So riverdale and maryville talk about thier past. It's good to talk about smith and the team that was state runner up. If you are crying and stating it only hurts the current players when talking about coach smith , you and the players need to worry about bigger things like maybe score a touchdown. Never on Jason or scotts watch did thier teams roll over and quit. At Oakland stains team did. Halftime adjuatments need to be thrown into dysons vocabulary . But what do we expect from a coach with a few years on the sidelines as a w.r. coach. Most high school teams hit peaks and valleys but look at brentwood and the rebs, I would have thrown ravennwood is rector would have stayed.

Give time to dyson is not an option as he is out of his league

So riverdale and maryville talk about thier past. It's good to talk about smith and the team that was state runner up. If you are crying and stating it only hurts the current players when talking about coach smith , you and the players need to worry about bigger things like maybe score a touchdown. Never on Jason or scotts watch did thier teams roll over and quit. At Oakland stains team did. Halftime adjuatments need to be thrown into dysons vocabulary . But what do we expect from a coach with a few years on the sidelines as a w.r. coach. Most high school teams hit peaks and valleys but look at brentwood and the rebs, I would have thrown ravennwood is rector would have stayed.

Give time to dyson is not an option as he is out of his league

I haven't seen them play, but nowhere in any of these posts do I see anything about his assistants, coordinators in particular. Does anyone know anything about them? If they are horrible, perhaps Dyson's biggest downfall is giving them too much control. I'm not defending Dyson, but would like to know if anyone has any information on the rest of the staff.

Players love him obviously- Former Titan and has expirence

Parents love him great influence, good christian man

And one thing i would like to point out is everyone is so used to seeing instant success that they are blinded by DC taking a chance on Dyson to grow as a head coach because he believes Dyson is set to be there for a while. He'll grow as a coach and he is ready for the challenges ahead and right now he has realized ok gotten through half of the season pretty rough start but ok what did we do from preseason to start that we can change or do better in and what not. Not every coach is going to come in and let alone win games, but build his own program and his team the way he wants it. Just give him time he'll come around.

As for Summit's sports classifications here it is and the link for their first A.D. :popcorneater: sorry about goingback to Summit just thought people would be interested.

http://www.wcs.edu/shs/athletics.htm

Edited by mackbrown

Players love him obviously- Former Titan and has expirence

Parents love him great influence, good christian man

And one thing i would like to point out is everyone is so used to seeing instant success that they are blinded by DC taking a chance on Dyson to grow as a head coach because he believes Dyson is set to be there for a while. He'll grow as a coach and he is ready for the challenges ahead and right now he has realized ok gotten through half of the season pretty rough start but ok what did we do from preseason to start that we can change or do better in and what not. Not every coach is going to come in and let alone win games, but build his own program and his team the way he wants it. Just give him time he'll come around.

As for Summit's sports classifications here it is and the link for their first A.D. :popcorneater: sorry about goingback to Summit just thought people would be interested.

http://www.wcs.edu/shs/athletics.htm

What has he done to improve as a coach? Have the players bought into his system? Do the parents support the team? There is a big difference between players and parents liking someone than players buying into system and parents supporting team. Who else is on the staff and what are they doing to better themselves and the team? Is the team working their rear ends off? I think the majority would agree that Dyson is a good person. Fact is that is not going to win in Williamson County.

So he is a good Christian man, and I can tell you so is the Pope. The team rolled over and QUIT at Oakland. Why does it take a coach to wait till mid season to make adjustments it changes. He had the bye week to get ready for hillsboro. What happened , the took two steps backwards on offense . No one expected him to raise the gold ball this year,they did expect him to challenge for a playoff spot.tell take sign they have not improved from their first game . Just because he is well liked dies not make him a good coach. Life will get harder when summit cuts into his program . Face it dyson has not put the time in to earn his position and they passed on a lot better coaches and that has some from the TD club upset .. sorry to say the eagles will not be soaring for a long time

Ok wow what did i say parents like him, that obivously ment they are bought into his system and i know the TD Club likes them and is BOUGHT into him as well. Now i do say some players are questioning on offense especially they need to do a lot more short passing and running the more ball with certain people.

Its a process, you cant say they really quit at Oakland so shut up, and the way your talking i bet you were expecting a gold ball, and guess what they are in contention for a playoff spot smart one.

I'm so sick of everyone dogging Dyson on here. Seriously, shut up...if you think you can do it better get your butt down there and do it....He hardly gets any sleep anyways as a coach...plus doing AD duties...so many people just don't understand how much coaching takes....it is seriously their whole lives...so anyone dogging on any high school coach's play calling/choices or just them in general...just sit back for a second...and realize what your saying...some one who is coaching...so obviously they are there for some reason...and 9 times out of 10, you haven't played higher than a high school football team...that's coaches in general..now back to dyson: I just don't understand what everyone wanted, a 15-0 record for a first year coach that has um....VERY little to work with...just enough FOOTBALL players to complete a first string compared to depth at the brentwoods and franklins where it is a PRIVILAGE to get playing time...just give him time.... and yes everyone is in full support of him... how can you not be? HE'S A FIRST YEAR COACH, YOU HAVE TO START SOME TIME...AND YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A COUPLE MISTAKES....but bottom line...he gives everyone exactly what they need to become a great football player....but it takes passion and desire from the players at INDY as well...and quite frankly...there are less than 15, maybe even 10 that really have that in them...and its really hard to get a team fully behind YOU when they can't even fully believe in themselves and not REALLY WANT it...just give him a break! He and the team will improve......promise..

I'm so sick of everyone dogging Dyson on here. Seriously, shut up...if you think you can do it better get your butt down there and do it....He hardly gets any sleep anyways as a coach...plus doing AD duties...so many people just don't understand how much coaching takes....it is seriously their whole lives...so anyone dogging on any high school coach's play calling/choices or just them in general...just sit back for a second...and realize what your saying...some one who is coaching...so obviously they are there for some reason...and 9 times out of 10, you haven't played higher than a high school football team...that's coaches in general..now back to dyson: I just don't understand what everyone wanted, a 15-0 record for a first year coach that has um....VERY little to work with...just enough FOOTBALL players to complete a first string compared to depth at the brentwoods and franklins where it is a PRIVILAGE to get playing time...just give him time.... and yes everyone is in full support of him... how can you not be? HE'S A FIRST YEAR COACH, YOU HAVE TO START SOME TIME...AND YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A COUPLE MISTAKES....but bottom line...he gives everyone exactly what they need to become a great football player....but it takes passion and desire from the players at INDY as well...and quite frankly...there are less than 15, maybe even 10 that really have that in them...and its really hard to get a team fully behind YOU when they can't even fully believe in themselves and not REALLY WANT it...just give him a break! He and the team will improve......promise..

improve, they have not improved one bit since the opening game in fact they are going backwards! if Dyson cant get "passion and desire from his football players and he cant get players to believe in his system and cant behind him as a coach -DYSON HAS A MAJOR PROBLEM! ITS CALLED being a lame duck coach,when the players do that... NO one is / was expecting a gold ball -where did anyone say that? ( please look at preseaon threads it was clear that most if not all picked Indy from 2 to 4th )YOU SAY he gives everyone exactly what they need to become a great football player yet as i mentioned above from you own words, players dont believe in him and are not behind him......

Its not dogging Dyson it is what we see and after all is not coach T a place to voice OUR OPINIONS?

i love how you say if you can do a better job get down here and do it - sure its that easy we will be right up sparky!

I cant speak for the others , but since you were asking - i can tell you that I did play at a higher level than high school ball,spent close to 15 plus years as an offensive cord/assistant head coach for a chicago catholic school and my son just wrapped up last year playing at Northwestern so i feel i can put a least once penny in here.

Fine Dyson is a good man that is great, maybe te is teaching them life lessons and after all they are way more important then the Wins and losses but it is what is it.yes a first year coach , but how did he get this title (let alone a title of A.D. and speaking of A.D. you cried he does not get enough sleep because he is head coach and the A.D. well i am sorry he decided to wear both hats -PLEASE stop sobbing over his working way too much, we have heros overseas in Afghanistan and Iraq that dont get sleep = he must not be too tired he has time for the radio????) HIS name and his name alone, cmon part time recievers coach at FRA, reciever coach at Glencliff before getting dismissed no time no zip notta as an offensive or defensive cord.

he has not made any adjustments at all durning the game - he had a bye week to adjust for boro - did he ? again No !

so continue your love fest with him - as i said no one expected a gold ball i predicted a 2 or 3rd place spot. why do we bash, asides from showing us he has no coaching skills ( oops sorry i forget we need to be nice to him since its his first year and we need to give him time - good thing he is not a pilot of a plane huh we would crash) it also has to do how he got the job!

do you think it will get better for him with Summitt cutting into his talent pool?

improve, they have not improved one bit since the opening game in fact they are going backwards! if Dyson cant get "passion and desire from his football players and he cant get players to believe in his system and cant behind him as a coach -DYSON HAS A MAJOR PROBLEM! ITS CALLED being a lame duck coach,when the players do that... NO one is / was expecting a gold ball -where did anyone say that? ( please look at preseaon threads it was clear that most if not all picked Indy from 2 to 4th )YOU SAY he gives everyone exactly what they need to become a great football player yet as i mentioned above from you own words, players dont believe in him and are not behind him......

Its not dogging Dyson it is what we see and after all is not coach T a place to voice OUR OPINIONS?

i love how you say if you can do a better job get down here and do it - sure its that easy we will be right up sparky!

I cant speak for the others , but since you were asking - i can tell you that I did play at a higher level than high school ball,spent close to 15 plus years as an offensive cord/assistant head coach for a chicago catholic school and my son just wrapped up last year playing at Northwestern so i feel i can put a least once penny in here.

Fine Dyson is a good man that is great, maybe te is teaching them life lessons and after all they are way more important then the Wins and losses but it is what is it.yes a first year coach , but how did he get this title (let alone a title of A.D. and speaking of A.D. you cried he does not get enough sleep because he is head coach and the A.D. well i am sorry he decided to wear both hats -PLEASE stop sobbing over his working way too much, we have heros overseas in Afghanistan and Iraq that dont get sleep = he must not be too tired he has time for the radio????) HIS name and his name alone, cmon part time recievers coach at FRA, reciever coach at Glencliff before getting dismissed no time no zip notta as an offensive or defensive cord.

he has not made any adjustments at all durning the game - he had a bye week to adjust for boro - did he ? again No !

so continue your love fest with him - as i said no one expected a gold ball i predicted a 2 or 3rd place spot. why do we bash, asides from showing us he has no coaching skills ( oops sorry i forget we need to be nice to him since its his first year and we need to give him time - good thing he is not a pilot of a plane huh we would crash) it also has to do how he got the job!

do you think it will get better for him with Summitt cutting into his talent pool?

where did i say this? "players dont believe in him and are not behind him......"? exactly from my words? NO i said it's hard to have people behind you when they don't believe in themselves....and so if you coached, you know of those players that are "jersey wearers" or are just out there to be part of the football team, and the players that just go through the motions....the problem is where it's usually 10% of the team, at indy its probably around 60% of the team. and I didn't say you predicted a 15-0 season, or any1 did but everyone's bashing on him, when you predicted 2nd or 3rd i think you said....they will probably get that...And congrats to your son at Northwestern...good school that I am actually looking at..and the ? about Summit, I do believe it will help him next year, moving down a class or two and still having an above average 2012 class and several standout players in the 2013 class

Depth at Brentwood? We're about as deep as Sarah Palin's brain waves. We have one feeder school at BMS and probably the most unathletic gene pool in the county( :rolleyes:. Look at the size of our defense! Our talent pool isn't even in the same league as Franklin or Indy. The difference is the system. Kids at Brentwood buy into a system the day Coach Crawford invites every graduating 8th grader to play football. The system includes great coaching, great parent support, and a school that expects excellence in all of its sports teams and also in the classroom. It is not a privilege to get playing time - it comes from hard work. But it is a privilege to wear the Blue & Gold jersey.

Coach Dyson is a rookie coach and no one ever said great players always make great coaches. He is coaching in a part of the state with some great high school programs with very good head coaches(Crawford, Clayton,McDaniel,Shawdowens, Aydelot, McGugin, Potter, the list goes on & on). Hopefully he will progress and improve as a coach because it sounds like he is a good man.

And if he doesn't, we'll just keep beating the crapola out of you guys! :roflol: