Union City Travels to Humboldt

JungleJim125

Union City's kicker, which is another exchange student that has never kicked, is getting stronger and stronger. He is getting better with time and could come down to him on a kick or extra point. U C has missed a few extra points this year and have been costly. Hope it doesn't come down to that but Union City HAS to cut their mistakes down. They kinda remind me of the Titans. The Titans I think are now second in the NFL in Penalties...go figure. Oh, and Union city is no comparison to the Titans. Go U C !!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nobody on the Union City football team running a 4.2 40..Chris Johnson of the Titans ran a 4.24 40 in a combine...

Who is this vicking club jonathan8001 speaks of ??

And Chris Johnson got his butt spanked by Deshaun Jackson I believe on the Shaq vs. show, and pretty bad. So Johnson is not the fastest player in the NFL.

UC always gives Hbt a game and a half. Now we are showing up with a very different Viking Squad, and Uc is showing up with a much weaker squad than seen in the past. If our defense shows up as they have in the past 2 games, this should be a very good game.

The veer is difficult to defend; it takes a very discipline defense to defend it. That will be the big question in this game. Will Humboldt’s defense be disciplined enough to defend it. I believe we will, and also believe the offense will show up in full force. :thumb:

LET’S GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree Humboldt has played much better in the last couple of weeks. The defense must continue to do so! The offense will put up some points the veer is hard to stop or slow down but can be done! Humboldt must get smart and cut out all stupid penalties to win this game! If so i believe Humboldt will win this game if not UC goes home happy! Both teams know how important this game is! I look for both team to put it all on the line! Also hope both teams are injury free! :thumb:

Edited by zebra99

I don't believe UC will be ready for our offense. If we keep the penalties down - that's asking alot - we should win this game.

Just know this is a very different team than last year. Lot's of experience on this defense and offense.

Go Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Union City's kicker, which is another exchange student that has never kicked, is getting stronger and stronger. He is getting better with time and could come down to him on a kick or extra point. U C has missed a few extra points this year and have been costly. Hope it doesn't come down to that but Union City HAS to cut their mistakes down. They kinda remind me of the Titans. The Titans I think are now second in the NFL in Penalties...go figure. Oh, and Union city is no comparison to the Titans. Go U C !!

I hear he is playing basketball this year...That he played bball in Brazil ??....

I don't believe UC will be ready for our offense. If we keep the penalties down - that's asking alot - we should win this game.

Just know this is a very different team than last year. Lot's of experience on this defense and offense.

Go Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

redgold...It doesn't really matter that they are "experienced"...It is almost impossible to stop UC's offense (when they run it like they are suppose to) seeing it 1 time a year...Holding a finesse team like Trenton to 3 points and keeping a physical in your face team like McKenzie in check is different from having to be as disciplined as the Vikings are going to have to be...Now I know you want to come up with something like,"well we might as well just not show up" or "dang, I bet the Ravens couldn't even stop UC's veer"...Simple fact of the matter is,Bowling has been running this offense for 7 years locally (that's a bunch of teams and a bunch of games)...Two teams have stopped it for a game and a half....Look at Air Force..They run basically the same thing...It's a foreign offense to get prepared for...Teams that run this offense are physical and they move the football and they score points...Union City isn't all that big but they are very physical...Anybody that has played them will tell you that...They have been in every game this year with a chance to win...They will hit you in the mouth and have no qualms about doing it...

actually zebra I'm not a kid I'm 28 but thats ok. but my last post wasnt aimed toward you it was aimed towards butchie he thinks I dont know anything about my team that I have followed since 1994 I was coached by one of the greatest coaches that union city has had in coach randy barnes. he had the same game plan in running the ball only passed it about 5 times a game and now with the system coach bowling brings in takes me back to the years where we just ramed the ball up the middle and off the edge just a different way. but I thank you for welcoming me zebra :)

purple & gold you were right trigg co. is only 1-5 I think I looked at the wrong school thanks for correcting me. by the way refresh my memory I dont remember talking about a vicking club. in this game our young team has to step up cause we are into the important games from here on out and every game is a must win to be able to win our district for a third year in a row and get home field in the playoffs.

actually zebra I'm not a kid I'm 28 but thats ok. but my last post wasnt aimed toward you it was aimed towards butchie he thinks I dont know anything about my team that I have followed since 1994 I was coached by one of the greatest coaches that union city has had in coach randy barnes. he had the same game plan in running the ball only passed it about 5 times a game and now with the system coach bowling brings in takes me back to the years where we just ramed the ball up the middle and off the edge just a different way. but I thank you for welcoming me zebra :)

Well i apologize for calling you a kid but at my age 28 is a kid i got children older than u several years older! I meant no harm and i am sure you know something about the game. I agree Barnes was a great coach and as i said before UC has always had my respect! Good luck and may all the UC fans have a safe trip to Humboldt and back home! :thumb:

redgold...It doesn't really matter that they are "experienced"...It is almost impossible to stop UC's offense (when they run it like they are suppose to) seeing it 1 time a year...Holding a finesse team like Trenton to 3 points and keeping a physical in your face team like McKenzie in check is different from having to be as disciplined as the Vikings are going to have to be...Now I know you want to come up with something like,"well we might as well just not show up" or "dang, I bet the Ravens couldn't even stop UC's veer"...Simple fact of the matter is,Bowling has been running this offense for 7 years locally (that's a bunch of teams and a bunch of games)...Two teams have stopped it for a game and a half....Look at Air Force..They run basically the same thing...It's a foreign offense to get prepared for...Teams that run this offense are physical and they move the football and they score points...Union City isn't all that big but they are very physical...Anybody that has played them will tell you that...They have been in every game this year with a chance to win...They will hit you in the mouth and have no qualms about doing it...

I agree that the veer is tough to stop no doubt. Be careful what u say holding a finesse team like Peabody to 3 points. This is the same finesse team UC gave up 29 points! Holding a good Rebel team in check means nothing and experience means nothing either! I realize Mckenzie or Peabody does not run the veer! Holding a good Rebel team to 18 points. Mckenzie i would guess averages 40 points a game pretty impressive i would think! 3 points is along way from 29 points finesse or not! I am from Trenton by the way! I just don't think UC will put up 30 plus points against a Humboldt defense! UC may blow them out of the water if they do more power to them! Good luck! <_<

There is nobody on the Union City football team running a 4.2 40..Chris Johnson of the Titans ran a 4.24 40 in a combine...

Who is this vicking club jonathan8001 speaks of ??

I think he said it was one of the Union City players..If Union City has a back with speed like that.he'll blow right past Quan and the rest of the Vikings.!I thought it was kind of funny ,him saying that.!