Daniel Boone vs. Science Hill

Booneman

Yeah really. That guy needs something new......"Move those chains, it's another Hilltopper...."

(CROWD: "First Down!!!")

Every announcer has to have their "trademark" saying but even the obnoxious Keith Jackson didn't say

"The GrandDaddy of them all" more than four or five times a game during the Rose Bowl.....

Edited by Boonie

Yeah really. That guy needs something new......"Move those chains, it's another Hilltopper...."

(CROWD: "First Down!!!")

Every announcer has to have their "trademark" saying but even the obnoxious Keith Jackson didn't say

"The GrandDaddy of them all" more than four or five times a game during the Rose Bowl.....

I believe it was actually the band director's idea...

I don't know Booneman, about what Mitchell will do Friday . . . It really is a team effort. Mitchell has a lot of potential. And I am surprised he hasn't shined more. He is a good kid with good grades. Should be a decent pick-up for a college or university somewhere.

If I remember right, Mitchell won the fastest back at the Jamboree. I was impressed with him and the team's size and speed. I believe SH will be a threat to go deep in the 6A playoffs for years to come with Coach Carter's program and the excellent talent. It would be great to bring state titles to East TN in any class in order to bring more attention to the talented players to receive scholarships. SH may be bigger and faster than Boone overall, but I believe if Boone will give it their all and play with grit and determination they can win this ballgame. Look forward to a great game.

If Boone will actually play for 4 quarters in a big game and not lay down in the second half like they have done then I think we have a chance. I think they put it all together this week and WIN 31-28.

Come on everybody sing along..

"Daniel Boone was a man, yes a big man with an eye like an eagle and as tall as a mountain was he"

oh heck Cap why should Boone even show up? Wow you have everything figured out!

That 11-1 record still stings for some reason.

SH has a good team, Boone is bouncing back. I don't see it as a blow out either way. Should be a good game in Gray. Good luck with DB bud.

“YOU CAN MOVE THE CHAINS FOR ANOTHER TOPPER... FIRST DOWNâ€!!!!! :D:lol: Just getting you use to it... because tonight you're gonna be hearing it ALL NIGHT LONG! :roflol:

On the real... good luck to both teams, injury free tonight. :thumb:

Edited by Cap1

“YOU CAN MOVE THE CHAINS FOR ANOTHER TOPPER... FIRST DOWNâ€!!!!! :D:lol: Just getting you use to it... because tonight you're gonna be hearing it ALL NIGHT LONG! :roflol:

Cap . . . The game is at Boone. Personally I'm not thrilled with 1st DOWN announcer at SH either.

Cap . . . The game is at Boone. Personally I'm not thrilled with 1st DOWN announcer at SH either.

Oops. :unsure::lol:

I think actually think it's pretty cool... I just can't stand his countrified nasal tone voice. Good luck to your team tonight Hill... they deserve to be recognized.

Do you think the multi QB is a help or hurt to Boone? I thought 7 looked good at South game. What year is 16, 10, and 7? Think that's the number of the 3 I have seen play qb this year. Last year, and maybe this year as well, I heard how deep you guys were at RB. I think I remember a game last year where 5 or 6 different guys lined up at RB and never missed a beat with any of them. Point being there seems to be alot of depth in the offensive backfield. Why do most of them play both ways? Is that a contributing factor as to why Boone wears down late? This is a battle of brute force vs. speed, with most taking speed.

Do you think the multi QB is a help or hurt to Boone? I thought 7 looked good at South game. What year is 16, 10, and 7? Think that's the number of the 3 I have seen play qb this year. Last year, and maybe this year as well, I heard how deep you guys were at RB. I think I remember a game last year where 5 or 6 different guys lined up at RB and never missed a beat with any of them. Point being there seems to be alot of depth in the offensive backfield. Why do most of them play both ways? Is that a contributing factor as to why Boone wears down late? This is a battle of brute force vs. speed, with most taking speed.

Sometimes it helps when one QB is not at his best, it seems like the other can move the ball and when they both are on the offense can come at someone in a lot of ways. #16 and #10 are both seniors and play both ways and it does not seem to slow them down. #7 is a sophmore with a lot of talent. #23, #20, #5, #11 and #26 are the running backs. #23 is a sophmore and plays both ways and loves to hit hard, #26 is a senior and plays both ways,mainly at linebacker does a great job. #20 is a senior and #5 is a junior and both play offense and special teams. They have good speed and moves and can break the long run. #11 is a junior and plays offense. Good blocker and good for 4 or 5 yards up the middle on a carrier. There are several young players in the Boone system coming up each year to help eliminate the depth problem.

PC (politically correct). :D I can tell you almost go out of your way not to offend anyone or to seem over confident. You are such a gentleman… I was just pushin some buttons to see if I could at least get you to take your TOP HAT off if only for a second. I tell you what… if your team spanks Boone (like I predict)… could I at least get a “THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKIN ABOUT†out of you on the boards after the game. And if by some stroke of bad luck the wheels fall completely off the truck… off the rims and all (cause that’s what it’s gonna take)… and Boone wins… I will not post one time all week next week. Do we have a deal?? :thumb:

That's a deal - I think we can keep it out of the ditch for another week. :blush: Oh, and I'm just trying to stay out of the line of fire - is there a prize for the person who says "poser" the most times in a month? Just sittin back and enjoying the show.

Right right, the day I listen to the guy who said that we would lose to North a couple of weeks ago is the day...I dunno just put something in there that sounds snappy.

Cold Cold night, I miss the good old days when the sprinklers would be turned on to take care of any speed problems....hmmmm

I don't know if Booneman answered your question but I will make it simple. Yes it does hurt the team. Neither can get into a rhythm and neither QB really fits into the system JJ wants to run. They are good athletes but neither one has quick enough feet to be very elusive runners.