Hampton "DOGS"

uknoit2

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I didnt get to make to the hancock, so who are we without now? I know the DAWGS are a great bunch but the toughness out of them this year has really disappointed me more than any other bunch.

Think Hartly twisted his ankle ,but he still tried to play,he's really been a big help,he plays HARD. don't know but i think Atkins may have got hurt again. He's tooo valueable to this team to do without. Waters has really stepped up..Played his butt off the other night. Its just a work in progress,we have several really tough boys,just hope it rubs off. If you're not hurting at this point in the season,you ain't played.

Think Hartly twisted his ankle ,but he still tried to play,he's really been a big help,he plays HARD. don't know but i think Atkins may have got hurt again. He's tooo valueable to this team to do without. Waters has really stepped up..Played his butt off the other night. Its just a work in progress,we have several really tough boys,just hope it rubs off. If you're not hurting at this point in the season,you ain't played.

Yeah Atkins is a really big assesg to this team, but theyve been able to pull together and play as a team without him, and win. Hopefully he'll be ok and be back to playin. These boys will be fine theyre just some that need to learn it FOOTBALL, ITS PHYSICAL,and ur goin to get hurt. Toughen up a little!! GO DAWGS!!!!

Yeah Atkins is a really big assesg to this team, but theyve been able to pull together and play as a team without him, and win. Hopefully he'll be ok and be back to playin. These boys will be fine theyre just some that need to learn it FOOTBALL, ITS PHYSICAL,and ur goin to get hurt. Toughen up a little!! GO DAWGS!!!!

Our starting backfield would have been Edwards Trussler and Atkins, we,ve plated all the games without Edwards,some of the games witout any of um, its really quite amazing to be 6 and 0.The backups have really come up big. Looks lite Waters has found himself a home. Really like this kid, when Isaw him in the weightroom this summer,he stood out to me, you could tell he had been working hard. He'll be a stud next season. If Hampton can field a good line next season,they'll be loaded, think of Edwards,Trussler and Atkins in the backfield. That may be the biggest backfield I've ever seen in highschool.

Mmmmm...not a moron and not complaining! My point was that pass blocking needs a lil more improvement to allow this team to be a lil more dangerous....now, do you refer to Hampton or Cloudland's receivers not being able to run precise routs and QB timing?

There is an ole saying, "The more you do something the better you get at it." Hampton on a winning night will never throw more than 10 times a game. They don't need to. Cloudland don't need to either.

Hampton has spread the carries around not one guy getting all the carries. and as for the pass blocking they do a good job i mean they are 6-0 so theyut are doin something right and as for the playoffs down the road they will be fine they got a good coach they dont need to switch anything up they got a great group of linemen and some good backs the recievers can make big plays they have and have that skill! they will need to pass a little down the road but lunsford doesnt want to show his colors just yet still earily in the year he has got to many tricks we have yet to see! Hamptons D is playing really well that middle linebacker is a man and the d ends are doing a good job! keep it up i see hampton beating sulivan east 42-14 and going 10-0 GO DOGS!

I know exactly what uknoit2 is saying. He is not saying we need to turn into a throwing team. He is saying that against some of these weaker teams, we need to throw the ball a little more just for practice. There is going to be a time come this year when a team shuts the run down and we have throw it. Without getting to throw it much in a real game, it is going to be very hard to do it and find your rhythm. Running the ball up and down the field against Hancock county proves absolutely nothing. If you can't run on them you need to quit. We did the same thing last year and when the time came to throw the ball, we couldn't because we had very little game experience of doing it. We ran it and ran it and ran it against some very weak teams and it did not help us one bit. These coaches do a great job and I am definately not complaining about them. I just feel they do need to work on some weak areas when they know they have the game in hand.

Hampton has spread the carries around not one guy getting all the carries. and as for the pass blocking they do a good job i mean they are 6-0 so theyut are doin something right and as for the playoffs down the road they will be fine they got a good coach they dont need to switch anything up they got a great group of linemen and some good backs the recievers can make big plays they have and have that skill! they will need to pass a little down the road but lunsford doesnt want to show his colors just yet still earily in the year he has got to many tricks we have yet to see! Hamptons D is playing really well that middle linebacker is a man and the d ends are doing a good job! keep it up i see hampton beating sulivan east 42-14 and going 10-0 GO DOGS!

'79, The same thought had just hit me...Lunceford knows what he is doing no doubt and Im with you that he may be saving a lil something for later (the older I get, the slower I think clearly sometimes!)...Im not for changing anything up....pass blocking can use a lil work BUT their run blocking and downfield blocking is pretty darn good! Yes they're 6-0 because of a desire not to loose and because of that 'D'....They MUST keep working hard and continue to develope more and more toughness....as for the line, I love all those boys and have known most since they were very small...they are good kids! The line always gets lil praise and Im as guilty as any other of that neglect....just want this team to develop the total package. "GO DOGS"

I know exactly what uknoit2 is saying. He is not saying we need to turn into a throwing team. He is saying that against some of these weaker teams, we need to throw the ball a little more just for practice. There is going to be a time come this year when a team shuts the run down and we have throw it. Without getting to throw it much in a real game, it is going to be very hard to do it and find your rhythm. Running the ball up and down the field against Hancock county proves absolutely nothing. If you can't run on them you need to quit. We did the same thing last year and when the time came to throw the ball, we couldn't because we had very little game experience of doing it. We ran it and ran it and ran it against some very weak teams and it did not help us one bit. These coaches do a great job and I am definately not complaining about them. I just feel they do need to work on some weak areas when they know they have the game in hand.

I've always felt that working on the passing game when you had a game in hand was a good Idea, but could you hear the crying. People telling you how classles you are. But the way I see it ,its you're job to improve you're own team. Of Coarse you could end up getting you're qb hurt in a senceless situation. Alot of different ways to look at things. I do think Ward is a better passer than the qb we had a year ago. I really don't know but 1 team in this area that tries to throw it much,Thats Unaka and its not working out that well. But before its all over,we'll be forced to throw it some, could work out to our benefit, because we may catch um off guard. I'm sure they work on passing all the time in practice. Just hope when we need it ,it works. I will say one thing ,when you can score 34 on Johnson Co running the ball,you're pretty good at it.

Another thing is this, you might get out there and throw it all over the field against Hancock, other teams might not be so easy. We threw it all over NG,but I thought we were going to get ward killed against Johnson CO.Good thing he's tough and durable. We have to have Ward ,anyway you slice it ,He's a winner.He just may hit some big passes before its all said and done.

Edited by pujo

Thank You, Lord knows I love Lunceford's coaching style...though he may have mellowed a lil the past year(s)! He, without doubt, has forgotten more than alot will ever know. And Yes, I am NOT saying we need to become a passing team...Just strengthen a lil weakness here and there...Im sure Mike has it well taken care of tho....Some may have misunderstood my post but that happens to me alot! B)