Grins and Chuckles

owlbooster

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wonder those Alcoa folks stalk you on this board. :D

They stalk anybody at all sites who doesn't worship at their temple. If you are truly aware of this history, you would know that this is the first time I've started a topic. You would also know that these "folks" (there are @ 5 of them) continually demean my team anytime and anywhere (e.g. posts #145-147 of the topic "Alcoa Zoning" thread) even though I and nobody at my school have ever demeaned their team. This year the topic arose on a 5A/6A Memphis site about MUS being "down" this year. They all swarmed to it to ridicule MUS and boast about Alcoa being "up." Totally classless. One of them posts complete lies about what I have said in order to stir up others. He also felt I had "put down" Alcoa by comparing them to Boise State. What egos! This all started last year when I dared to post on their "Is Alcoa the best team in the state in any classification" site that they and MUS were only "two of the best five."

I read on the other sites but refrain from sticking in my 2 cents worth about something I know nothing about or that has nothing to do with my team, I never demean another team, and I would never try to change the subject to my own team, all of which is exactly what the children at Alcoa do. Nobody has to "stalk" these brats, because they insert themselves into all the boards. For a classic albeit rather subdued recent example, check out post #16 by "bladerunner" (a "lone wolf" NOT a member of the "brat pack") on the topic "who wins 6A state championship" in the 5A/6A thread. The big surprise is that the rest of "the usual suspects" didn't follow his lead and turn the site into another place of worship to the great and all-powerful "F5" Tornado.

Edited by owlbooster

They stalk anybody at all sites who doesn't worship at their temple. If you are truly aware of this history, you would know that this is the first time I've started a topic. You would also know that these "folks" (there are @ 5 of them) continually demean my team anytime and anywhere even though I and nobody at my school have ever demeaned their team. This year the topic arose on a 6A Memphis site about MUS being "down" this year. They all swarmed to it to ridicule MUS and boast about Alcoa being "up." Totally classless. One even started posting on a 3A/4A site complete lies about what I had said in order to stir up others. This all started last year when I dared to post on their "Is Alcoa the best team in the state in any classification" site that they and MUS were only "two of the best five."

I read on the other sites but refrain from sticking in my 2 cents worth about something I know nothing about or that has nothing to do with my team, I never demean another team, and I would never try to change the subject to my own team, all of which is exactly what the children at Alcoa do. Nobody has to "stalk" these brats, because they insert themselves into all the boards. For a classic albeit rather subdued recent example, check out post #16 by "bladerunner" (a "lone wolf" NOT a member of the "brat pack") on the topic "who wins 6A state championship" in the 5A/6A thread. The big surprise is that the rest of "the usual suspects" didn't follow his lead and turn the site into another place of worship to the great and all-powerful "F5" Tornado.

I have no dog in the hunt but that MUS team last year was the best in Tennessee in at least the past 10 years. Dallas from Rivals also said the same thing. Alcoa would have been waxed by them but I am not going overthere saying that. You just can't reason with anyone there.

I have no dog in the hunt but that MUS team last year was the best in Tennessee in at least the past 10 years. Dallas from Rivals also said the same thing. Alcoa would have been waxed by them but I am not going overthere saying that. You just can't reason with anyone there.

No, you can't reason with them. Some of them think nobody should be mentioned in the same breath with them. As I have never seen them play, I have refrained from making any predictions of the outcome of a matchup, but those who saw both teams play last year almost unanimously felt MUS was better. Certainly the pollsters did. This year, no doubt Alcoa is the better team, probably by a large margin, and probably is the best team overall in TN. But you won't ever hear any of them admitting to another team possibly being better until they actually lose a game (Maryville, since they don't play any other competitive teams currently) and then I suspect they'll find a way to argue out of that too, but maybe they'll just pick up Maryville's banner, since they are neighbors.

I see the first member of the "brat pack" has arrived (APB). It was just a matter of time, even though this is a DII site and "Alcoa" was not mentioned in the topic heading. Makes you wonder what they do in the rest of their lives. They must not have any "homework." I read the 3A/4A threads only about once a month, mainly to see how they continue to offend so many and to embarrass their school.

BTW, did you try to wade through all 15 pages of that "zoning" site? Mixed among all the usual BS are actually some very funny posts. They may be bratty but they're not stupid or boring, just totally hung up on themselves. And some are quite paranoid - everybody's out to get Alcoa.

Speaking of "not going over there," did you read at the start of the season about the unfortunate guy, who had moved here from Ohio, that "made a wrong turn" onto the "Who can compete with Alcoa in 3A" thread site and dared criticize them? Coach T had to close down the thread things got so uncivil. They're good at that. They even took some gratuitous snipes at MUS on that thread (posts #175,181,184). They will NEVER get over last year's "snub" of being #2 in the opinion of the polls and most fans. And they probably will continue to show their "behinds" over it.

Edited by owlbooster

Good stuff hootiebooster!........... :popcorneater:

Now that you're here (surprise, surprise!) please give everyone an update on the Blount County Bowl.

BTW, the Bridges Classic in Memphis in week zero has been terminated, which means MUS and CBHS might be available now for you to solicit again, although I'm not sure either team next year will be good enough for you. You might do better to work harder on two Nashville area teams, if you still have openings. Seriously. And I don't mean 2 teams from the "girlie" league. Riverdale is a logical choice, don't you think? Then get another Murfreesboro team. Blount County vs Rutherford Country. A natural!

Give us an update. The crickets want to hear from you too.

Edited by owlbooster